It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will you be taking any extra cash out of your bank

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: borntowatch

The point is that in economies that have gone bottom up, the paper becomes worthless because of hyperinflation. Those few thousand dollars will mean nothing when the cost of an apple is $1,000,000,000.

Yes maybe in Greece, maybe
I just dont know

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
We keep very little in the banks just enough to pay the bills. Make personal appearance once a month to pay off the credit cards other than that it's hit the teller machine after the money is deposited. I have no choice but auto deposit and only can remove $1k a day and only get paid once a month.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Heads Up! www.marketwatch.com...

If someone wants to make a thread about it as a heads up or warning, you can. I still have no clue how to post new threads...

edit on 29-6-2015 by CobyKEF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: borntowatch

The point is that in economies that have gone bottom up, the paper becomes worthless because of hyperinflation. Those few thousand dollars will mean nothing when the cost of an apple is $1,000,000,000.

Yes maybe in Greece, maybe
I just dont know

I see no reason to doubt that Greece will just be the first domino.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think all the talk of having a cashless society is a dangerous one. Of course, only terrorists and criminals would want to use cash anyway.... right?

Having cash at home, or anywhere other the banks, means WE have control over it, not them. It's also monetary worth off their own books that they cannot control.

We then have the need to have cash reserves outside of the banks when their systems breakdown, or our cards or accounts are frozen due to fraud or other criminal activity outside of our control. This has happened to me several times, so I now keep a large sum outside of the bank at all times, under MY control.

Sorry, rambling a bit there, but I think it's pertinent to the discussion about cash in general and that the banks see OUR money as theirs and can switch off the means for us to access it at any time. The same will be true in any cashless system, where they can target individuals or organizations on a whim (administrative or system error!) as punishment for dissent.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy
Agreed. It makes a reset far too easy for them....
Reset as in, "Hey, remember all that money you had in the bank? Well, we took it."

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Doesn't matter. If the banks collapse, what exactly are you going to buy with your notes or gold or silver?

The shops will be emptied. Cash/gold/silver will be irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Coins will always be used in low level commerce no matter what the metal content,otherwise how do you make change for that 1 quadrillion note?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Extra cash? What's that?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: supermarket2012

Same here..nothing to take out..by the time the bills are paid and grocery purchased..we have about 5$ left
What the hell happened to my life? It seems like every time I turn around someone is there taking it what little I have left!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I would be more worried by the fact that you have large sums of cash sleeping on an account instead of being invested in something that can't loose value as easily.

My cash goes to finance the purchasing of my house among other things. If banks collapse, it will be their loss, not mine. I'll still have my house :p

Don't make the mistake some people do, amassing worthless cash on an account.
edit on 29-6-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Doesn't matter. If the banks collapse, what exactly are you going to buy with your notes or gold or silver?

The shops will be emptied. Cash/gold/silver will be irrelevant.

I find it incredible that most of the trade in gold / silver is nothing more than IOU's, rather than the physical metals. Quite plainly, holding an IOU stating that you have "bought" a quantity of the metal is no guarantee at all that it will ever be delivered, especially when you consider that each physical ounce has been sold multiple times, the idea being that they never have to actually deliver it.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I will stock up on nonperishable food items and ammunition.

Our cash will be worth next to nothing when the insane inflation happens.

Hey we pay $35 for a watermelon here in Japan. Com'n your way soon!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I usually leave very little in the bank and prefer to just leave enough to cover the few bills I have. When I cash my pay I like to leave with 80% cash because I just don't trust the banks and I've even had a few times where bank tellers didn't want or have the cash on hand to give me! I always managed to argue my way but the fact they get mad when I take my money home tells me plenty.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

And you plan to do this when? When a collapse happens and everyone else does the same?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

And you plan to do this when? When a collapse happens and everyone else does the same?

No, that would be quite stupid.

Stocking up is a term meaning to gather things together before they are needed.

a quantity of something accumulated, as for future use: a stock of provisions.

Link to definition

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have moved my entire fortune into gold bars under my house.
I have plenty of hidden banks accounts no person or tax man can get their filthy hands on and have 12 safety deposit boxes filled with jewels.

I think my fortune is safe.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Hey I asked because you used the future tense. So you know, it means you haven't started already

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Guten Tag- Point of order?... For those who are squirreling away gold/silver, Wouldn't those "promises" be just as worthless as the cash? If it were the actual metals, how much do You plan on carrying? When a fellow "Survivor" sees You ambling down the boulevard pushing Your wheelbarrow full of gold/silver, what is to keep Him/Her from taking Your gold/silver?

It also seems that some welcome a "re-boot" because they don't have anything saved, I'd opine that this Self belongs in the group that would "Jack Your 'snip' "

I also am gleaning that some think that in a true SHTF scenario that there will be some sort of "Rules/Law" ?? (goo... GREAT luck with that.)

In this "common passerby's" opinion, It'll be multiplied as it is/was today, "most" out for their own Self..

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
For those who are squirreling away gold/silver, Wouldn't those "promises" be just as worthless as the cash?

Of course it will be.

If you want to know what you need to survive an economic crash just see how people survived in a war torn nation during world wars (more familiar to people living where attacks actually took place).

Basically the whole society doesn't become mad-max style. That's a survivalist fantasy and never happened in real life history.

What happens is people gather around the place where there traditionally was agriculture because it's the main thing you will need: daily food.

So small communities will form around these places and your value will be determined by what you can bring to this community.

So the minimum you need to survive the meltdown of a society is this:

- living close to at least a farm
- having a roof
- having a bike or horse to travel on longer distance without the need for oil
- having useful objects (tools, books, weapons, cooking ware, salt, ...)
- having tradeable objects (cigarettes, alcohol)

And that's it. Gold we loose a lot of value because you can't eat gold.

Everything above will be all you really need and everything else is superfluous.

And lol if you think you will survive on your own without belonging to a community

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join