It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VA said I have interstital lung desease now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Alright I guess my question is NOW WHAT.
Last week the VA said I have interstient desease. I know of a buddy in my unit who has Pulminary Fibrosis who says THAT is what I have.
Personally I made peace with dying before I went to Desert Storm.
What dio you guys know?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Sent you PM

Let me know if you got it.
edit on 29-6-2015 by PredatorCrackling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
That's a serious diagnosis. I cannot give any medical advice except to find out all that you can about the medications, their side effects and also ask for any information available in regards to lung transplants if you progress to that point. Do everything that you can to keep as healthy as possible. Do not smoke, do not allow yourself to be around smoke, get flu and pneumonia vaccines, avoid contact with people with respiratory illnesses. Keep moving.

I'm sorry that you are facing this.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Hi Cav:

First of all - Thank You for your service.

Secondly - I am so sorry you are hurting. I am not familiar with the type of illness the VA diagnosed, but any type of lung issue has got to be scary...has the VA given you next steps?

What kind of help can we give?

Blessings,
Missie

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NiteNGale2

That's certainly one way to approach it.

To listen to western trained medical doctors LOL

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Only eat organic food, since this is way expensive for the average American, move off grid and grow your own organic food. If you can.

Well I guess you don't have to move off grid, but I strongly urge you to grow your own food, nothing you can buy from a corporation will help you IMO.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I would seek a second opinion to start with .

Then I would suggest lifestyle change and every night before you go to sleep , focus on your lungs healing , picture little army's attacking the disease in your lungs , try and do it for an hr . I had a break out warts on my hands one time , every night I would think them away , after about a month they were gone .

Mind over mater , you control your reality sir .

you got this !

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The first thing if there is a possibility is to get the hell away from the VA. No good can come from them.

You must remain positive and focus on Nutrition so you don't lose body mass. I suggest fresh slow simmered vegetable soups with cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes, celery, oregano, and if you have any? Venison/Deer. The nutrients in that alone will boost your immune system and give you energy. Eating Tilapia fish will increase your brain function too, so you will have better coping skills. Vitamin D Supplements are important as well to help balance any loses and the feeling of helplessness.

Stay clear of Alcohol, Tobacco. Drink only green teas and water, as black tea and coffee can cause kidney damage and you need to keep flushed out.

Seriously. If you can and have the will? Buy a Ninja Bullet Blender and Blend all the fresh carrot juice you can make, and drink all you can stand for as long as you can stand it. if we are what we eat? The Carotene in carrots will change your make up and restart your genetics...possible changing the disposition of your illness?

Pharmaceuticals like anti depressants and anti cancer drugs should be avoided at all cost, as they wear you down and weaken your immune system. Eating fresh raw garlic before you sleep will exhaust allicin gas from your stomach into your lungs, thus help kill bacteria and fungus in your stomach and lungs and possibly help you breath easier?

Be sure to do deep breathing exercises to increase your lung size and bring in fresh oxygen..your body cant function without Oxygen.

Last but not least. Develop a relationship with the universe, open your mind and let the universe into your being, hear what its calling to you, and be at peace with yourself. allow nature to bring you guidance and inspiration. The closer you get to nature the better chance you will have to bring healing and health back to yourself

If you find what i say helpful and need more input? feel free to message me and i'll share more interesting possibilities

Sorry for your unfair diagnosis. Be Well

edit on 29-6-2015 by SPECULUM because: More

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Last week the VA said I have interstient desease. I know of a buddy in my unit who has Pulminary Fibrosis who says THAT is what I have.
What dio you guys know?

Several good responses here so far. I'd also get a second opinion. Without a more specific diagnosis, it's hard to determine the prognosis. Also, supercharging your lifestyle choices can do wonders.

If it helps, sometimes, the scarring heals up and there can be a full recovery. More often, it will leave permanent scarring and your breathing quality will be lessened afterwards. In any case, it's not a death sentence so don't keep telling yourself that.

I'm bummed to hear that you'll have a challenge ahead of you like that. Maybe you can take a page from the politician playbook and not let a good crisis go to waste, you know?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

I got it.
Just A reminder OLIGARCHS have formented our wars in secrecy,I was in them.
I KNOW elites and I also am fully aware WE SHOULD have rebuilt Russia after the cold war ,BUSH screwed them over and changed the policies Reagan put into place for that purpose.
I DON'T hate Russians and I couldn't figure OUT why they hated me.
I guess we are BOTH victims of lies since WWII.
But I am American and ,no doubt,have MANY traits that would offend you.
My Father was a Lt Col in the Airforce.
I thank you for your generosity and knowledge Unfortunately I only have me disability anf mty wife can only find part time work things areVERT tight right now but I am saving that message of course.
SPASIBA.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
There are 2 books by Geoff Pike The power of chi and Chi the power within these contain chinese qi gong breathing exersizes Pike was diagnosed with Cancer in the 70's but he beat it he is still alive at 85.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I 'm reclusive I'm not into inflicting my fate on the world other than what I say here.
If you ever met me you would notice I don't talk much and I am humorous.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
for anyone who is wondering

Interstitial lung disease is an umbrella term used to categorize over 100 different types of pulmonary disorders that affect absorption of oxygen into the lungs. It includes a diverse collection of illnesses with a variety of causes, treatments and prognoses. Individuals who suffer from interstitial lung disease often have difficulty breathing and moving from place to place due to a consistent feeling of shortness of breath. Disorders classified under interstitial lung disease are often characterized by scarring of the lung’s delicate tissues, and a subsequent dry, pestering cough.

However, interstitial lung disease may also develop without a known cause, and in that case it is known as idiopathic. The most common form of idiopathic interstitial lung disease is pulmonary fibrosis. As interstitial lung disease is a progressive disorder, identifying a known cause for the disease is especially important. Due to the fact that interstitial lung disease can be caused by environmental factors, removing these triggers can slow the progression of the disease and damage to the lungs. If the disease is idiopathic, stem cell treatment for lung disease, and other forms of regenerative medicine have been found beneficial.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
i hope my lack of knowledge on your condition doesnt negate the validity of my suggestion ....

In adition to the many suggestions others have and will offer ... Drink plenty of veg juice !! .... Buy a juicer, and make fresh, organic, veg juice daily ...

The body is always trying to heal itself ... Help it by giving it its best shot .. Give it what it needs .. and cut out what it doesnt want ...

As someone mentioned earlier ... Orhganic is faaar pfreferable .. and although more expensive, the increase in nutritional value actually makes it a more economical buy, regardless of appearnaces ...

Do this, as well as the other healthy suggestions, and try to stay positive ...

Also ... id never force my beliefs as such .. but no harm in having a wee word with the big man ... not blame or fault .. just talk with him maybe ...

Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way man ....

Oh .. healing thoughts .. try to have lots of those too ..

wd be great if the (many) believers among the ATS users did a group healing session ... We ould all share and see the results ... Not meaning to trivialise this, or make it entertainig .. More of a, the more we try the better attitude ...

Every single small thing you can think to do for the better, to give your body less toxins to deal with, all makes a difference to what it has to deal with as a whole, witn the resources available to it (lovely healing veg juice for example) ...

God Bless

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
treat yourself and your ungs to a lovely relaxing walkk in teh countryside if you are able to and dont already ...
obv great for the mind and body .. but if you are able to, breath a bit deeper than you may normally, get that oxygen down into as much lung area as possible ...

I am unsure as to how effective this would help .. but teh theory is .... Oxygen enriched environments help the body heal faster .. Generally speaking, in my simple terms, Oxygen promotes healing ....

getting more into more lung tissue, (which i imagine is its first point of contact before being ditributed around the body and put to work), should help pronote healing ...

Im unsure if you are able to take deeper breaths or not .. I dont mean big gasps and holding your breath .. Just whatever feels comfortable .. But if you are sitting around .. Try to be aware of getting more oxygen in you ...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
First thank you for serving our country.
Second I will be thinking and praying for you.
I wish I could do something to help you.

A Brother In Arms!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
The first thing if there is a possibility is to get the hell away from the VA. No good can come from them.

You must remain positive and focus on Nutrition so you don't lose body mass. I suggest fresh slow simmered vegetable soups with cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes, celery, oregano, and if you have any? Venison/Deer. The nutrients in that alone will boost your immune system and give you energy. Eating Tilapia fish will increase your brain function too, so you will have better coping skills. Vitamin D Supplements are important as well to help balance any loses and the feeling of helplessness.

Stay clear of Alcohol, Tobacco. Drink only green teas and water, as black tea and coffee can cause kidney damage and you need to keep flushed out.

Seriously. If you can and have the will? Buy a Ninja Bullet Blender and Blend all the fresh carrot juice you can make, and drink all you can stand for as long as you can stand it. if we are what we eat? The Carotene in carrots will change your make up and restart your genetics...possible changing the disposition of your illness?

Pharmaceuticals like anti depressants and anti cancer drugs should be avoided at all cost, as they wear you down and weaken your immune system. Eating fresh raw garlic before you sleep will exhaust allicin gas from your stomach into your lungs, thus help kill bacteria and fungus in your stomach and lungs and possibly help you breath easier?

Be sure to do deep breathing exercises to increase your lung size and bring in fresh oxygen..your body cant function without Oxygen.

Last but not least. Develop a relationship with the universe, open your mind and let the universe into your being, hear what its calling to you, and be at peace with yourself. allow nature to bring you guidance and inspiration. The closer you get to nature the better chance you will have to bring healing and health back to yourself

If you find what i say helpful and need more input? feel free to message me and i'll share more interesting possibilities

Sorry for your unfair diagnosis. Be Well

As a veteran I'll have to agree with you. 40 years and now they say agent orange is harmful and now we'll pay you disability, hmm like how much longer is life available.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
What dio you guys know?

God bless you brother. There is hope. (Serrapeptase and nattokinase)

I use this stuff for artery plaque and it definitely clears out the lungs. It is also pretty cheap.

www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...

Information:

enzymetherapies.com...

www.newswithviews.com...

www.inflammation-systemicenzymes.com...

pulmonaryfibrosisenzymetherapy.wordpress.com...

www.astenzymes.com...

edit on 29-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Cut out all sugars (processed foods as well) besides that in organic fruits and vegetables! Drink carrot juice every SINGLE day.

simpleorganiclife.org...

I hope you can recover, and make your second chance count.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Can they tell what interstital lung disease you have.

There are about 100 disorders that come under interstital lung disease.

I am a Vietnam Vet and have Sarcoidosis that is one of them.

If you are going to the VA and its not one of there hospitals staffed by a medical school or university teaching hospital ask to be sent to one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join