It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escapee David Sweat shot, in custody

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have no idea what forum to post this in, but I haven't seen this posted thus far.

Malone, New York (CNN)Escaped murderer David Sweat, who led law enforcement on a more-than-three-week chase, has been shot and is in custody.

A New York State Police sergeant on roving patrol saw Sweat on Sunday, and after Sweat ran, the sergeant shot him, according to a law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation. It did not appear Sweat was armed, the official said.

A photo exclusively obtained by CNN shows Sweat in custody moments after his capture. The photograph shows him bloodied, wearing a camouflage outfit -- not prison garb.

cnn

The 3 week drama is finally over with the shooting and capture of David Sweat. He was spotted by law enforcement walking down the road near Constable NY, near the Canadian border. The report doesn't say if he was armed or not. Sweat has been transported to a local hospital, they are not saying what his condition is.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Good.

Upstate NY can breathe a bit easier now.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The Daily Mail says he was shot twice but not with life-threatening wounds. One place said that he was armed.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Great. Those two have been a minor distraction as of late.

They had to keep one of them alive in order for the story to be told. Society loves to idolize criminals and Hollywood never lets a good tragedy go to waste. He's more valuable than ever.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Well if they are able to keep him alive and question him, I suspect there may be more arrests in this case.

Kinda scary when you think about it.

www.cga.ct.gov...

From what I have read, this is a big problem.
edit on 28-6-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

They had to keep one of them alive in order for the story to be told. Society loves to idolize criminals and Hollywood never lets a good tragedy go to waste. He's more valuable than ever.

I thought this was a tv miniseries on CNN for a while there. Oh well you have to get ratings one way or the other right?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Well if they are able to keep him alive and question him, I suspect there may be more arrests in this case.

Yes, that should be the primary motive for keeping him alive.

It seems more of an internal problem than criminals pulling the wool over everybody's eyes. One small window of opportunity and those with nothing to lose will do whatever it takes.

Not to mention, with every new arrest the plot thickens!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Agreed.

Yea these people in prison have plenty time on there hands to find the weak ones.

The need for freedom can be very strong.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I watched the press conference it seems to me they had seen cool hand Luke .

The spokesman said they were carrying picnic type pepper shakers to throw the dogs off their scent.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Ha Ha, I'm not real sure that would do it.

I just flipped on CNN and they are stressing the fact that he was a mile and some away from the Canadian border.

I'm sure that the Canadian athorities would have been envolved too.

Is that just hype on their part?
edit on 28-6-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I can't get beyond the fact the enormous amount of money spent to track these two escapees down. All because of a couple individuals who gave them the tools to escape. The taxpayers are now left holding the bill.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975
Yeah no sh!t right!?!?
I was lookn at Fox while they had the press on it. It seemed to me that they were acting like they won the World Series. And I'm like.....C'mon man....it's only been like 20 years since they had broken out. Don't pat yourselves so hard on the bum.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I can't get beyond the fact the enormous amount of money spent to track these two escapees down. All because of a couple individuals who gave them the tools to escape. The taxpayers are now left holding the bill.

I have read 1 million dollars a day and well over 1000 searches, how many warrants do you think they got? Any excuse to suspend rights is the sop.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm on the same page as you.
Now I gotta decide if seeing Cool Hand Luke is better than winning game 7.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

Ha Ha, I'm not real sure that would do it.

I just flipped on CNN and they are stressing the fact that he was a mile and some away from the Canadian border.

I'm sure that the Canadian athorities would have been envolved too.

Is that just hype on their part?

We wondered whether it was true or not when we were young. Despite MythBusters I still believe it is true. I would tell you a story involving my rabbit dog a bet and a sneezing fit. But people would probably find it in poor taste.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

originally posted by: eisegesis

I thought this was a tv miniseries on CNN for a while there. Oh well you have to get ratings one way or the other right?

It's only a matter of time before CNN crowns David Sweat as... "THE MASTERMIND". They stroke terrorists' egos like this all the time. The evil-doers in this world have CNN as their go-to TV channel, and the Home Page of their browser. All hoping to one day be labeled as "The Mastermind", by CNN.

Terrorists also watch CNN to learn of America's fears and weaknesses. Earlier this year, CNN ran a series describing how vulnerable jets are on take-off, to shoulder fired missiles at many U.S. airports. Sometimes you wonder whose side CNN is on! Why the U.S. Government doesn't warn this network to not cross certain lines is beyond me.
-cwm
edit on 6/28/2015 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Good work by the trooper!

I'm sure the neighborhood as well as the LEOs can all rest a lot better tonight.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
He lucked out.
His partner in crime took two bullets to the head.

That's what happens when you are a murderer and break out of prison!
Nice shooting Trooper!

edit on b000000302015-06-29T09:13:41-05:0009America/ChicagoMon, 29 Jun 2015 09:13:41 -0500900000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

They had three weeks, and they only got forty miles?

What? These are supposed to have been tough guys, criminals through and through. The time they have served suggests a certain level of physical hardihood, since it is my understanding that one does not get along too well in a place like a jail, unless one can handle oneself.

I am not a hardend criminal, and yet I can cover twenty miles in a day, in all weathers, without overmuch effort. Were these guys just phoning it in or what?

Do not mistake my assertion above as a veiled support, egging them on. I just fail to understand how two aparently motivated criminals only managed forty miles in three weeks. What a pair of slackers.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
From what I've read, these 2 guys weren't hardened criminals. They just got mad, killed someone, and went to prison for it. Any of us could get mad and kill someone.

Everyone's making these 2 guys out to be more than they are. I'm surprised they evaded police this long. Has to be an embarrassment to law enforcement in general.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join