It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of The Star Of Bethlehem - Closest Conjunction Of Venus & Jupiter In 2,000 Years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Signals

My understanding is that Bethlehem is a alternative name for a star constellation and the Star "Sirius" is the star the kings followed, by kings i mean the "3 kings" which is the Orions belt.

Sirius lines itself with the 3 kings on the 23-24th of December each year.

my understanding is that its all astrological and not biblical in relation to the story of Jesus

People should not be concerned about end times, be concerned with what's happening now with your life, family and friends and enjoy it. Better to enjoy than live in fear of a make believe story. Last time i believed in an invisible man than judges all my wrong doings was actually my parents. damn you Santa.

peace

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

I can't argue with that...

We had thunderstorms here in Louisiana last night, I couldn't see anything through the clouds. Hoping for better weather tonight!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Return Of The Star Of Bethlehem - Closest Conjunction Of Venus & Jupiter In 2,000 Years

Then they would have called it the "Stars of Bethlehem", as in two. Because anyone watching the skies (then or now) would have noticed the two objects getting closer together over several nights.

Unless the story isn't accurate and it became the Star of Bethlehem over millennia. In which case, what can we believe about any of the tales they wrote and handed down through the ages?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Not a bible guy but this is pretty amazing.

Especially the fact that i'ts visible after 2000 years. Think about it that is crazy.
edit on 30-6-2015 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Wow.Fantastic pics. Didn't think it would be that visible. The hell?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

While interesting from an astronomical point of view, there are too many apocryphal works that refute this claim. Also, historically, there have been many times where Venus and Jupiter have been conjunct. It doesn't mean that every time they were conjunct a savior was born.

There is more to this story than most might realize.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

People should not be concerned about end times, be concerned with what's happening now with your life, family and friends and enjoy it. Better to enjoy than live in fear of a make believe story.

You misunderstand greatly, people are not living in fear of this they are rejoicing in the return of a King that can rule without a filthy selfish ulterior motives but rule out of love and compassion. People see the prophecies coming true and they are hopeful not cringeing in fear!

Jesus clearly was not born in Dec. so the rest of that was irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Caught it last night through my 8 inch dobsonian with 25mm lens, just enough to catch both in view. Lovely. Looked up a few minutes later and venus was gone as the clouds came over. Very lucky. Looked great last week with the moon involved as well.

I'll have to catch up on previous posts but the chap stating that the anti-christ would stop animal (?) sacrifices baffled me somewhat...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

No fear at all.

Living your life is what it's all about. You just make sure your spirit is always prepared while you go about it. Then you're always ready, no matter what.

It's too bad we haven't been able to see it. It's been cloudy here for the past two nights.

edit on 1-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thunderstorms rolled in here again right before sunset dang it!

One more chance to see this tonight..

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Maybe it's just my location (Central Arkansas)....but last night the planets were actually less luminous than they have been all the preceding month. I was very saddened and highly disappointed. Still a beautiful sight, but all I was able to view was two unusually tiny pinpoints in the evening sky.

On the bright side (no pun intended) the full moon in our region was glorious and had a beautiful golden aura around her, so that was of some small consolation.

Maybe tonight will be better viewing.
*fingers crossed*

edit on 7/1/15 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar edit

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: teslarocks
a reply to: rigel4

Funny you say that. I was on my way home from a gathering last night and was astounded at the view of these two planets so close. It was so bright and both objects looked so big, I briefly entertained the idea of a Nibiru sighting. Don't worry, I snapped out of it very quickly.

Thank goodness you snapped out of it, otherwise you'd be posting on ATS.

edit on 1-7-2015 by kkrattiger because: Make my words not part of quote. Edited to edit I just love filling out this edit reason field

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Maybe it's just my location (Central Arkansas)....but last night the planets were actually less luminous than they have been all the preceding month. I was very saddened and highly disappointed. Still a beautiful sight, but all I was able to view was two unusually tiny pinpoints in the evening sky.

On the bright side (no pun intended) the full moon in our region was glorious and had a beautiful golden aura around her, so that was of some small consolation.

Maybe tonight will be better viewing.
*fingers crossed*

No, I think it might be smoke in the atmosphere from Canadian fires.

At least, that's what our local meteorologist said it was.

Good morning…once again we’re seeing lots of smoke out there this morning

Once again smoke from Canadian wildfires is draped through the region. If you think the skies are murky here…its MUCH worse in the N part of the country and into Canada. I will say that this is some of the thicker smoke I’ve seen in the KC area over the last couple of days.

If you were in Arkansas, you aren't all that much farther south, so maybe the smoke in the upper atmosphere was keeping the stars from being as brilliant as you expected?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Took this last night around 9:30pm Pacific Time. Seeing was terrible in the SF Bay Area... too much pollution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join