It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowing God's Judgement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

How dare you presume to speak for God! Who are you to know His will? We don't Know you, We did not Exalt you, be silent lest your hubris be your downfall.

K~

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Buddy, you gotta catch up. We've learned a lot in the past 2000 years. We actually know how weather works now, and there's no evidence for any god being a part of it. We know why animals attack also, no evidence for god there either. We know the chess game, machismo, religion, nationality etc. that creates war, no evidence for god there (well, except that god also behaved like a vindictive child, which would be no surprise since all evidence leads to his existence being merely penned my men). We know what situations beget crime, no evidence for god there. Do you have any evidence for these claims you are making here? Anything?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
We who have many years experience in reading the Bible have learned how God Judges and in his longsuffering see how he does it in order to give a man or a nation time to repent.

he used drought, storms, floods, animal attacks, wars, and crime to show his judgement.

Yet America has seen and increase in crime and murder, we are and have been in many wars since the turn of the last century, we suffer drought in our western states and have our crops blasted by storms or washed away in floods, Shark, bear, mountain lion attacks. All of these are happening today and increasing intervals.

Our Nation is under God's judgement but men do not see it or hear it. They will say it is global warming, or natural occurrence instead of admitting we are wicked and deserve his judgement and then repenting and turning to him for forgiveness.

Crime and murder - Lowest it's been since the 60's. Ironically, the reason is likely due to legalized abortion.

Drought - It's nothing like it was in the 30's-50's. Climate denial isn't helping, though.

Floods - Have you ever looked at the history of floods in the US? Not to mention that our infrastructure accounts for much of it. Can't blame those on "the gays".

Animal attacks - Really? They are not increasing. Are you saying you fear a bear attack more than they did in the 1800's? The bible does talk about the Christian god having a couple of bears tear a crowd of children apart limb-from-limb, though.

If there is any correlation between behavior that fundamentalist Christians find sinful and our general state of things, then the trends suggests we need more sinners.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

what religious forum?

there is none for this topic

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Im curious to see how you can know the MIND of GoD by reading the KJV of the Bible. You do know that it's a "translation"
And was chewed to death by political agendas. It's far from being divinely inspired.

I expect to clearly see more cherry picking of the bible to fit your particular agenda....have at it!

Be advised... calming to know the mind of GOD [mocking] is not looked favorably upon by GOD.

1 Cor 2:16 . . . but we have the mind of Christ.

(That is those who believe)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

been keeping tabs since the beginning have ya?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

cars have only been around a very short time compared to God.

Drunkenness is one of those juidgement things too.

Read the Bible and see for yourself.

edit on 28-6-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Come on man. A bible quote gets you nowhere. Everyone has a different take on knowing the mind of god (or even that the god they believe in is the right one), why do you think that you know better than all those other people?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The only judgement anyone is "under" comes from Christians themselves. No deity has anything to do with it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I have read the bible front to cover over 7 times. I have read random books in the bible numerous times. I have study individual passages countless times.

That is why I stopped believing in god. I read things in the bible that I had serious issues with. Eventually, I couldn't morally justify following a god that proved more evil than his counterpart based on his very own (supposed) word!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

you are a real hoot! Ha ha ha.

I have read it over a hundred times in the last 23 years cover to cover, numerous passages, and random books and I never lost my faith in god it was only strengthened.

Your problem is you are lost.

the natural mind is enmity with God.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

That is why I stopped believing in god. I read things in the bible that I had serious issues with. Eventually, I couldn't morally justify following a god that proved more evil than his counterpart based on his very own (supposed) word!

Yep! The Biblical God is no one I'd like to be associated with. They say that reading the Bible creates atheists, I believe that. Ridiculous Bible stories, threats and just down right immoral doctrine is what pushed me to the other side.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

because I have the words of God, preserved and inerrant that I can hold in my hands.

But just research the scriptures and you will see all those things he uses to judge and man or a nation. It is not about my take on God but what his words say.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Yep! The Biblical God is no one I'd like to be associated with. They say that reading the Bible creates atheists, I believe that. Ridiculous Bible stories, threats and just down right immoral doctrine is what pushed me to the other side.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If anyone noticed I didn't say that the judgement was of any one cause. I believe it is many.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Who needs God when you have abject human stupidity when the time comes we will do a much better job.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It's amusing that none of the hardcore bother to look inward & think "Maybe all this ish going on is because I act like an un-christ-like prick?" Talk about zero accountability there. Assuming there is an omnipotent deity watching you, maybe the wrath is because of religious-based nastiness. Ever think about that before blaming others?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Actually crime rates have been dropping across the board through out the US for the past 20 years.

exactly what I was going to say!!!! you beat me to it!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I am not blaming anyone in particular and it is not just America actually, but I start at home and move out from there.

Judgement starts in the House of God. That is from his people first. Those of us who know by reading the things that were written aforetime are for our learning, we can see and judge ourselves first. All other judgement falls into the hand of an almighty God

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

adjectively of course!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join