It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowing God's Judgement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We who have many years experience in reading the Bible have learned how God Judges and in his longsuffering see how he does it in order to give a man or a nation time to repent.

he used drought, storms, floods, animal attacks, wars, and crime to show his judgement.

Yet America has seen and increase in crime and murder, we are and have been in many wars since the turn of the last century, we suffer drought in our western states and have our crops blasted by storms or washed away in floods, Shark, bear, mountain lion attacks. All of these are happening today and increasing intervals.

Our Nation is under God's judgement but men do not see it or hear it. They will say it is global warming, or natural occurrence instead of admitting we are wicked and deserve his judgement and then repenting and turning to him for forgiveness.
edit on 28-6-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

“” god is not like man that he should lie "'

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

If God is displeased with my behaviour, I would expect him to tell me himself, and not make thousands innocent people suffer for only a few's mistakes.

Sometimes a natural disaster is just a natural disaster. Sometimes a war motivated by greed is just that: waged by greedy people.

No supernatural needed to explain human primitivity.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

OMG i just gave you 6666 star oh no wait maybe 6667
edit on 28-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Hehe, right you are! 6,667 now.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

It is a collective issue not just individual.

God has no responsibility to talk to you in your ear personally, you must seek him. One place for that is through his preserved word the KJV Bible.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sounds like the Westboro Church narrative.

link   
a reply to: Layaly

hee hee hee, I love it!

link   

Yet America has seen and increase in crime and murder, we are and have been in many wars since the turn of the last century, we suffer drought in our western states and have our crops blasted by storms or washed away in floods, Shark, bear, mountain lion attacks. All of these are happening today and increasing intervals.

Its obvious that Zeus is causing all of this. No other way to explain it.

We have to start reading the Iliad and repent to Zeus and Poseidon because the end of times are coming.

Those of you who dont repent will go to the underworld and suffer for eternity in the hands of Hades.

Right there you will meet bad people like Gandhi who didnt believe in Zeus.

Are we in the 21st century? or are we also going to claim that god creates lighting?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Typical Liberal view is to lump people together to discredit what is being said.

Try a simple reading through of the Bible.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Typical Liberal view is to lump people together to discredit what is being said.

Try a simple reading through of the Bible.

I'm not a liberal...
Especially by your countries definition of a liberal...

& I have no need or inclination to read a Bible, let alone a KJ version.

Our Nation is under God's judgement but men do not see it or hear it. They will say it is global warming, or natural occurrence instead of admitting we are wicked and deserve his judgement and then repenting and turning to him for forgiveness.

Phelp's couldn't have put it better himself.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I am nothing like Phelps nor do I condone his groups actions, I think they are despicable and bring shame on the name of Christ.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

he used drought, storms, floods, animal attacks, wars, and crime to show his judgement.

God doesn't hurl harm.

People do that. Or animals, storms, whatever.

This blue jewel of a planet sustains life, that process can be dangerous if you're down stream, down wind, down on the beach.

When a Tsunami kills a quarter million people all at once, its not because all those people deserved it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Forgive me for the comparison...

But the way the OP is written does appear overly fundamentalist with no room for manoeuvre.

I meant no offence.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

what is wrong with fundamentalism?

Just because ISIS is supposedly fundamentalist of their religion doesn't mean Christian who are fundamentalist are some extreme radical group.

Phelps is not a fundamentalist as much as he is a twister of Scripture to read how he wants it and not by what god has said. that makes him like ISIS in that they are both radicals.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Did you mean to put this in the religion forum? Is that you, Pat Robertson??

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Im curious to see how you can know the MIND of GoD by reading the KJV of the Bible. You do know that it's a "translation"
And was chewed to death by political agendas. It's far from being divinely inspired.

I expect to clearly see more cherry picking of the bible to fit your particular agenda....have at it!

Be advised... calming to know the mind of GOD [mocking] is not looked favorably upon by GOD.
edit on 28-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Actually crime rates have been dropping across the board through out the US for the past 20 years.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
OP
crusades...no sign of God
black death...no God
Ghengis Khan...no God
World war 1 and 2...still no God
Cuban missile crisis...and still no God

......bad things happen Op and the weather also changes and God aint got much to do with the any of it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Yet America has seen and increase in crime and murder, we are and have been in many wars since the turn of the last century, we suffer drought in our western states and have our crops blasted by storms or washed away in floods, Shark, bear, mountain lion attacks. All of these are happening today and increasing

Shark, bear, and mountain lion attacks are increasing? Drunk drivers kill more people in a year than those things have in recorded history. Drunk drivers are gods hand working too?
edit on 28-6-2015 by Ksihkehe because: Syntax error

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join