It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Show 42 Day Marathon "The Month of Zen"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
For my fellow Jon Stewart fans on ATS, as send off for the Daily Show host, Comedy Central is streaming the entire collection of episodes in order for the next 40 days (2 days already gone and I'm still in 1999). 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. I'm bummed that Jon Stewart is leaving so I'm getting my super-fix while I can.

Link Here

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

I just overheard "from the number one movie in america Dave Chapelle."
Oh wow he looks young.. September 22, 1999.. I was so much more innocent in those days.
100 day count down to Y2K..

"So you were covered in thermonuclear barbecue sauce...."

what in the world lol.

Thank you for the link.
I had no idea.

September 23, 1999
Steve Carrel is doing a piece on the next episode, which starts now I guess.
"are celebrities being over frisked at airports?"
Bill Clinton on lawsuit against tobacco companies to recover tax payer dollars in health costs related to tobacco use.

edit on 28-6-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

You're welcome. It is a pretty neat idea by Comedy Central to do this.

What is really neat to is seeing little glimpses of what the show would eventually become. Like when the episodes start and the VO goes (with self-deprecating humor) "This is the Daily Show. The most important show on television... ever." Little did they know that for many of us, he show did become the most important.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Lolololol they definitely got Amazon wrong....

Thanks for hookin me up with this link. Nostalgia addiction is satisfies for the next 40 days!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Whoa.. A lawsuit against the government in 1999 saying they had put a camera on a power pole outside hell's angels headquarters?

I remember when that seemed illegal.. 1999.. Leading up to 2001, it's interesting to see that we were already going there.
Makes my spidey sense go off..

"FBI vs Hell's Angels? My money's on the Angels."
~Jon Stewart
edit on 28-6-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
man ole Jesse has been going hard in the paint for years it looks like lol!

Love your stance on gun control mr Ventura !

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Anyone know where I can get some quieting syrup for myself lol!

Was quieting syrup real? It wouldn't surprise me lol

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

I took a break from the marathon to watch the pilot episode of "Another Period" and it was pretty damn funny. I don't even really like Natasha Leggero but this may turn me into a fan.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I hate to admit I've probably watched 85% of his Shows (what life) and I'm most certainly going to cry watching his last show.

Thanks Jon.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

There will be tears for sure. I've only become a regular watcher of The Daily Show in the last 9-10 years and I'm upset... I can only imagine how devastated a long-time fan like yourself must be.

At least in some ways Jon Stewart's legacy will live on through Trevor Noah and his correspondents. And Last Week Tonight with John Oliver is still in it's infancy.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
At the time of this posting, the marathon has reached June 14, 2001. I'm trying to make sure I don't miss the 9/11 episodes. Curious as to see if that might be when Stewart solidified his show to what we know it as today.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

thx for the reminder.. I've been in and out..

didn't want to miss those.

Just came in to the Army getting berets and cutting cake "which is odd for an organization that discourages homosexuality."

And then Star wars 1 phantom menace coming out.. And how sucky it was.

[public service announcement: please make sure before you bury your pet that it's dead first., thank you.]
please let that be fake..

edit on 2-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Crap, if my calculations are right, the September episodes are going to start airing at around 6 am my time. >_<

new topics

top topics

join