It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 500 injured in powder fire at dance party in Taiwan amusement Park

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
for all the people that want federal and state "regulations" cut, and those nasty federal and state regulatory agencies done away with....this is EXACTLY way they are needed....people can be idiots, people do idiotic things for money and fun...you need an adult to slap your hand and tell you NO!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Similarly I was at a Rammstein concert with my ex's younger brother and had to save him from a bunch of wild animals (I literally picked up one guy and threw him into like 5 people who all fell backwards cuz I was so mad they kept punching him in the head)

On topic what a terrible tragedy

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I tried posting this yesterday but, I couldn't post for some reason. Anyway.. I was just trying to figure out what the actual substance was since they were not saying.. Definitely not my type of party!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
for all the people that want federal and state "regulations" cut, and those nasty federal and state regulatory agencies done away with....this is EXACTLY way they are needed....people can be idiots, people do idiotic things for money and fun...you need an adult to slap your hand and tell you NO!!!

I doubt it would have helped in Taiwan.

Stupid people aren't stopped by laws anyway.
It is against the law to get drunk and drive a car. It is also a stupid thing to do.
People still do it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruptedstructure
I tried posting this yesterday but, I couldn't post for some reason. Anyway.. I was just trying to figure out what the actual substance was since they were not saying.. Definitely not my type of party!

Cornflower. It was Cornflower.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

I'm not sure what was worse in this case the fact a bunch of people only looking to have a good time got burned, or the music selection they were dancing to. If I were in that crowd I would be trying to figure out what was hurting more. My burning feet or my bleeding ears.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Wow,
When I was a child in the 70's I was given a box of books and one of those books was from the 50's. It was a book of science experiments, one involved a candle, a drinking straw, and cornstarch..you loaded the straw with cornstarch and lightly blew its cloud of into the flame of the candle. This results in a small fireball..crazy experiment to have in a childrens book..lol, it of course would not fly these days but at 10 years old I knew what could happen and it has stuck with me for life.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yeah, the music to my ears is #, but music to my ears my parent would say is #. Still a horrific way to spend a night though # music or not. these are just kids enjoying "Music" and a good time.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Powder is very flammable. Throwing flour (the type you make bread with) on a camp fire and it will flash like gun powder.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Taipei Times / News

From the front page of this days Taipei Times.

Around a hundred people are still in the hospital. There is at least one confirmed fatality.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 28-6-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I was a business consultant for a large insurance company for some years. It was my job to ensure that companies such as panel beaters and saw mills had proper extraction and intrinsically safe electrical installations.
Explosions caused by flammable particles happens frequently, dust explosions not so much.
Under these conditions static discharge is a huge concern. I suspect that the powder spraying guns weren't checked for that. That or somebody lighting a cigarette.
I doubt the lights had anything to do with it. Dust doesn't have a flash point and the flames spread way to fast for that.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monkeygod333
I was a business consultant for a large insurance company for some years. It was my job to ensure that companies such as panel beaters and saw mills had proper extraction and intrinsically safe electrical installations.
Explosions caused by flammable particles happens frequently, dust explosions not so much.
Under these conditions static discharge is a huge concern. I suspect that the powder spraying guns weren't checked for that. That or somebody lighting a cigarette.
I doubt the lights had anything to do with it. Dust doesn't have a flash point and the flames spread way to fast for that.

Lighting a cigarette.

/mouth agape

Mike Grouchy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join