It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the whitehouse and others already know the scotus decisions beforehand?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: butcherguy
And I shudder to think what the government pays just for the gels.

OMG! $1.46 each for these lenses! And what? 6-7 colors??? No wonder we're going broke!

And these gels are almost $1 per color!!! Oh, the waste!!!
But the cost of the whole setup in the first place. My tax dollars are not for the federal government to create lavish celebrations of any kind! NO THANK YOU!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
But the cost of the whole setup in the first place.

The lights on the White House lawn have been there for MANY years. It's been lit at night since I can remember... And I'm old. The "setup" was probably done in the early years of the 20th century.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

OMG! $1.46 each for these lenses! And what? 6-7 colors??? No wonder we're going broke!

But the cost of the whole setup in the first place. My tax dollars are not for the federal government to create lavish celebrations of any kind! NO THANK YOU!

Well tell that to George Washington, because they've been going to such things since 1776.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It was Gay Pride Week in New York City with the parade being yesterday so the Empire State Building was already lit in rainbow colors due to that.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well tell that to George Washington, because they've been going to such things since 1776.

Yes, but they didn't have 20 trillion dollars of debt at that point.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Are you unaware of the debt situation the country was in in 1776? It was literally the reason that the First Bank of the United States was made. You know the first Federal Reserve (yes I know it wasn't called that, but the Federal Reserve is really the Third Bank of the United States).

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Are you unaware of the debt situation the country was in in 1776? It was literally the reason that the First Bank of the United States was made. You know the first Federal Reserve (yes I know it wasn't called that, but the Federal Reserve is really the Third Bank of the United States).

Are you aware that when Andrew Jackson was President that the Federal Government had no debt?

Ask any economist if our debt to GDP ratio is 'good', let me know how many sane ones tell we are in dandy shape.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Are you aware that when Andrew Jackson was President that the Federal Government had no debt?

Andrew Jackson was the seventh President in the late 1820's to 1830's. He killed the Second Bank of the United States. Bringing him up in reference to the First Bank of the United States is irrelevant.

Ask any economist if our debt to GDP ratio is 'good', let me know how many sane ones tell we are in dandy shape.

I have not once suggested that our levels of debt are good or that I find them acceptable. I have only pointed out that the American government has struggled with debt in the past while paying for lavish things. Please don't put words or arguments into my mouth.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I have not once suggested that our levels of debt are good or that I find them acceptable. I have only pointed out that the American government has struggled with debt in the past while paying for lavish things. Please don't put words or arguments into my mouth.

I didn't mean to put words into your mouth.

Do you think that it is possible to pay off the amount of debt that we have now in a generation, given our stagnant economy and the GDP as it stands now?

Sorry, but we are off track. The thread was about rainbow stripe lighting on the White House. Now we are debating whether our country has terrible debt compared to when George Washington held the reins of government.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Right, apology accepted. Like I said, the White House has a history of paying for lavish things with our tax dollars despite our debt levels. It just is what it is. I doubt such things are going to change.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
You are probably almost certainly correct about anything ever changing.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Screw it. ATS won't format my response.
edit on 30-6-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Next up...what colored lights are going to be lit when the Supremes ok pedos marrying children...just like Mohammed PBUH.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: darkstar57

Cute, and relevant..

i've posted this numerous times but.. why not

Heterosexual Marriage = 2 consenting adults

Homosexual Marriage = 2 Consenting Adults

Hetro-Animal Marriage = 1 Consenting Adult, 1 Animal

Pedophile Marriage = 1 consenting adult, one child

Logic
edit on 30-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
These buildings are already floodlit at night. It's pretty easy to change a few light bulbs very quickly for stuff like this.

Nothing to see here.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkstar57
Next up...what colored lights are going to be lit when the Supremes ok pedos marrying children...just like Mohammed PBUH.

In all the countries where gay marriage is allowed, there is not a single example of paedophilia being recognized as a right or even legalized.

The far right wing argument that gay marriage leads to sex with animals and kids is completely ridiculous and irrelevant, and repeated ad nauseum by the right wing.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
If it was all a set up than all the good ole boys would have been in collusion because they didn't say anything. Unless they don't represent your best interest. Then they were hiding it. Yeah. that's it

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Meanwhile, the point that we should be happy for federal governments to have ANY say in our private relationships is ignored…

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Surely you know these buildings have spot lights on them 365 days a year right? They have filters to change the colors. In NY they project red and green on the empire state building at Christmas. They even have hearts on a filter on Valentine's day. The capitol is lit up every night of the year. These are merely filters used to change the colors. No conspiracy here at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4

So I guess the annual national Christmas tree is out? Please. This is nothing to get indignant about.
Some people I guess think that if anyone cracks a smile in Washington they're shirking there responsibilities and any celebrations are taboo.
Really dude?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join