It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage ruling has Twitter users saying they’re ‘moving to Canada’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
What is painfully ironic is that many of these super religious conservative types would find the social and legal systems and cultures of places like Afghanistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, ect much more to their liking and views on what a properly run world looks like. Think about it. In those countries, they are nations "Under God", Where progressives, feminists, homosexuals, communists, hippies, environmentalists, and scientists are either executed, imprisoned,persecuted, suppressed, or kicked out. Men wear the pants and women are either property or of limited social/economic value. In these places abortion is punishable by prison or death, and things like Planned Parenthood get torched before they open. No taxes, no government welfare programs, druggies get executed, no socialized medicine, religion trumps science always when applicable, wealth and power are highly revered above all, no EPA, you can do whatever the hell you want to your land, neighbors and the planet be damned.

The differences are really superficial, even in their religions. Why don't they all move over there, where gay marriage will never be a problem?

Very well put and all too true.

tbh I considered suggesting ISIS in the OP as a much more sympathetic alternative to their cause than Canada, but there's been so much negative focus everywhere already I left it out for the sake of civil discourse (I like how this thread somehow managed to trigger a very lively debate about beer tho lol).

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

You lost me right there.

With the exception of sierra Nevada your piss tastes like piss.

You don't know much about American beer now do you wok? Yes, Sierra Nevada is one of the best, but there are hundreds more that are equally great.

Do you even understand that there are almost 3,000 breweries in The USA, and that the majority of them are micro breweries that make excellent beer?

You simply do not know what you're talking about. Try Lagunitas IPA, easily in the top 10 best IPA's in the World. There are so many more too.

There are many great beers from Canada and other Countries as well though. ~$heopleNation
edit on 29-6-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Granted it's biased since it's a US publication but check Beer Advocate's top 250 list and see how many of them are US beers.

ETA: Also Cascade is old news. Most breweries are using Citra and Centennial as their go tos right now. Then you've got your Galaxy and Mosaic filling the role Citra used to have.
edit on 6/29/2015 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well I suppose if it's good enough for corporations that don't want to pay taxes, or their fair share, it's good enough for a few "baby cries" that can't compromise. Hope they dress warm!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
All this beer talk is getting painful, and painfully off topic, that's double the pain I normally enjoy in a topic. My beers better, No MY beers better..... its all friggin subjective, everyone can like what they want, that's why we all have so many micro breweries now.

As for the post!! I welcome all these people to our great land, as long as they don't come to Vancouver because we don't have the damn space for you! I can't afford a house here as it is, 500,000$ for a sh#$ shack an hour and a half away from the core. So ya... go to Alberta or something where you'll probably blend in better and I wont care.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I do realize this is a gay thread but I heard you mention gun control and I was wondering what your black population is like.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Next up from the Supremes: Pedophile marriage ruling. with full White House support. And you better not disrespect this, because Mohammed founded Islam with an eight year old bride.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
On the subject of beers you have the big nationals, but then you have the micro breweries, but they are better in both countries.

My question is if you put Canada's best Micro's up against America's best micro's who wins then ?

edit on 30-6-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkstar57
Next up from the Supremes: Pedophile marriage ruling. with full White House support. And you better not disrespect this, because Mohammed founded Islam with an eight year old bride.

BINGO. And we have a winner folks, wing nut of the thread award is right above. I believe BH predicted this at the beginning of the thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

It's funny how people claim that legalizing homosexual marriages will lead to the legalization of pedophilia. Yet it seems to me that the countries where pedophilia is most tolerated are the same ones where homosexuality is a crime.

As has been pointed out in this thread, in Canada gay marriage has been the law of the land for over a decade. If your claim held any ounce of truth shouldn't Canada no be a pedophile paradise. Instead I doubt there's anyone outside of NAMBLA that is even arguing for the legalization of pedophilia.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I know I'm probably going to hell for saying this, but damn those two Asian ladies are hot as a couple.

The rest is just meh...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Just another way to slur us GLBTQ+ by hiding their bigotry behind an opinion. how does two consenting adults lead to Pedophilia?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

any python fans out there?

Wik

Also wik

Also also wik

Wi not trei a holiday in Sweeden this yer ?

See the loveli lakes

The wonderful telephone system

And mani interesting furry animals

Including the majestic moose

A moose once bit my sister...

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end
of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an
Oslo
dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo
Dentist",
"Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink"...

Mynd you, moose bites Kan be pretti nasti...

but i do have one question. are the moose FABULOUS?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I don't know about that, according to the Europeans we have some gold medalist brews.
allaboutbeer.com...
Although Belgium and German brews are my favorite, don't know much about Canadian brew but I'm sure you have some good stuff, My friend said the British brews weren't what they were cracked up to be though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join