It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage ruling has Twitter users saying they’re ‘moving to Canada’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If I didn't know any better, i might think it's somebody trying to make somebody else look dumb or something.

Believe it or not, but sometimes the dumbest people have the loudest mouths.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

American beer is the arguably the best in the world. The only other country that's in the running is Belgium. Although I'll be interested to see what Germany does in the next few years with the new hop strains they've got coming out.

On topic I'm pretty sure most of these tweets are jokes. These are probably the same people that said the same thing when ObamaCare passed. Sure there may be a few serious idiots in the bunch but I think most are doing it for the lols.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
you think the europeans can agree on gay marriage? think again

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Seriously: Can i literally quit my job, leave my apartment and just do volunteer work in another country? Like, seriously.

Edit: Not because the gay thing. But because # this society....

Utmost sincerity, can i help people without worrying about expenses and money?
edit on 2762015 by southernplayalistic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: mc_squared

Maybe you can give Justin Bieber to the US in exchange?

Anyway, I heard that the beer doesn't taste like weak snakes-piss in Canada either - another good reason to head north.

The Brits had a saying about American beer that it was like making love in a canoes
Fu-cking pretty close to water.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Awesome post! S&F

Canada is pretty awesome too. Kinda makes us here in the lower 48 look like idiots. I smiled when I saw the pics. I have gay and lesbian friends, and am so glad that now whatever state you live in, you can get married if you're gay.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'd say this list describes a good portion of the folks who are freaking out over the gay marriage decision:

-Dislikes gay people. Thinks it's a disease, or a perversion, or some other nonsense.
-Religious. Loves Jesus but ignores Jesus' message of tolerance and forgiveness.
-Anti pot. Thinks anyone who's pro Cannabis is just a pothead stoner loser.
-Thinks morality should be dictated by their religious text and enforced by law.

Funny, if those folks could just agree to disagree on their chosen prophet, they could go to any country with Sharia Law and be best pals with the fundamentalist Muslims they claim to hate. They agree on just about everything except the whole Muhammad issue.

Ironically, these are the same idiots who are scared of Sharia Law coming to the US... The fact that they can't see the parallels is mind blowing.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Canada.

Where even the mooses are people too.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Your post is spot on. I totally agree! There is so much irony in the hatred.

You see, I can be rational every once in awhile.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
a reply to: Answer

Your post is spot on. I totally agree! There is so much irony in the hatred.

You see, I can be rational every once in awhile.

Now if we can just get you to see the value of boner pills, we'll be making some progress.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Canada.

Where even the mooses are people too.

Canada was smart enough to show the meese proper respect.

Those long-legged bastards will straight kill you if you don't respect their authoritah.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Don't let the door hit them on the way out. Thats why this is freedom for both...equality....total and complete separation. of church and state from each other.

Fly a flag...take down another...or leave if they don't like their freedom...to do so.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Don't let the door hit them on the way out. Thats why this is freedom for both...equality....total and complete separation. of church and state from each other.

Goodbye freedom, nice knowing ya....

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: southernplayalistic

Freedoms not leaving...it's giving them the right to...or not. And they're unaware of the issue in Canada isn't much different
...and that's ignorance.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yeah, far right tea partiers have been saying since 2008 that they're "moving to Canada".

Where we have Subsidized Health Care, Gun Control, and Federal Gay Marriage.

Where people can't be discriminated against due to sexual orientation (by LAW)

Where we have the METRIC system (they lambasted Martin O'Malley on that one)

Where we have WOMEN on our currency (they're giving hard time on removing Hamilton from $10 bill)

Where we have a MONARCHY (they love to deride President Obama by calling him KING)

Where we don't directly elect our Prime Minister (you don't directly elect the President either, but don't tell TEA Partiers!)

Where we have largely decriminalized marijuana (at least, it's widely accepted and pretty much ignored by Police)

Where we have widespread social services and are okay with people on welfare once in a while

Where we have legalized abortion and the "morning after pill" is available over the counter, and no one cares

Where our kids are taught EVOLUTION in school, and creationism is left to Sunday School

Where we have campaign spending limits on elections, and corporations are NOT people

Where you can't discriminate on someone based on race regarding fair housing practices (or anything else, for that matter)

Where we WELCOME immigrants

And where the federal Government just passed bill C-51, a surveillance bill that makes PATRIOT look like it barely scratched the surface.

Yeah, THAT Canada. Come on up, TEA Partiers. We'll have a great discussion about why you're not allowed to carry your gun down the street.
edit on 27-6-2015 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Sublimecraft

American beer is the arguably the best in the world. The only other country that's in the running is Belgium. Although I'll be interested to see what Germany does in the next few years with the new hop strains they've got coming out.

Only an American would claim American Beer is the best in the world. For the rest of the world, American beer is a laughing stock.

Just because Budweiser sells the most, doesn't mean it's the best. In most cases, anything that's mass produced reduces quality in favor of quantity.

American beer is absolutely terrible. Canadian beer is even way better, but not close to European Standards. I just did a stand up poll to see if there are any Americans in the pub I'm in right now (I'm not shy), and TWELVE of them are in here. They all agree they would NEVER drink American beer over even Canadian beer.

There are many really good Canadian beers now, even the mass produced ones, and Canadian wines rank with the best in the world.

British, Irish, German, Danish, Belgian, French beer is all widely regarded as in the running for the best in the world. Even Mexican Corona is better than a Bud or Coors.

American beer, outside America, is widely panned.
edit on 27-6-2015 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

(post by kloejen removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

Only an American would claim American Beer is the best in the world. For the rest of the world, American beer is a laughing stock.

Oh, I don't know.

I'm kind of partial to Stone Brewing, Co.

edit on 27-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Well we got plenty of land up north, with minimal vegetation, 1 week of summer time, and minus 45 celcius in the winter, mainly for land clearing purpose.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

Yes it's terrible..they wouldn't like it here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join