It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My state is starting an unprecedented heatwave and I blame it on you!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Red Flag warnings in ALASKA, never seen that before. (for those not living in wild fire country - Fires are extremely likely - it's Defcon 1 for fires.)

Where I am - it's normal hot - but and I repeat - humid, topics type humid. Oh and seemlying endless drought.

Thanks - deniers.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Anyways, I am really displeased by this catastrophe and I would like to tell all the bastards that try to tell us there's no global warming to go to hell. You are ruining my beautiful state and probably the rest of the country if not the world as well just because you want to be selfish, lazy, spoiled, arrogant asses.

/

Either you can grow a pair, quit crying and DEAL WITH IT,
or keep doing this,

Somehow I think you will choose the later.
edit on 6 26 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So, I read the OP, and the only thing that popped into my mind in response to it, was this:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hot here in Northwestern Oregon as well. Not sure what the temps are supposed to be or for how long but I recall triple digits. Which doesn't help when drinking this hop infested IPA. But.. it hasn't stopped me from enjoying it either. Being lazy, one grows accustomed to warm beers. Even developed a taste for some of them that way. Well.. tepid at least. A beer that is actually warm just tastes like piss.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Without irrigation our yard turns to dust fairly quickly.

You do realize that the principle of property ownership is one of the primary driving factors behind the majority of the man-made environmental problems we have today, right?

This is mine. That is yours. Ego takes care of the rest, and here we are.

So blame yourself, before you go throwing stones in glass houses. You are part of the problem too, as am I.

Admitting that to yourself is the only way to start changing yourself. It seems that all you're interested in doing is blaming anyone and everyone who isn't politically aligned with your particular brand of repugnant nonsense.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

My taste for IPA's is recently acquired. I do find them oddly refreshing. Sadly I have to drive 60 miles to get them which maybe contributes to global warming and the suffering of the OP. But that is just a risk I'm going to have to take for delicious IPA's.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Hot here in Northwestern Oregon as well. Not sure what the temps are supposed to be or for how long but I recall triple digits. Which doesn't help when drinking this hop infested IPA. But.. it hasn't stopped me from enjoying it either. Being lazy, one grows accustomed to warm beers. Even developed a taste for some of them that way. Well.. tepid at least. A beer that is actually warm just tastes like piss.

Just put a pint glass in the freezer for awhile, put the IPA in the freezer for about five minutes. Pour, and enjoy
gotta drink it fast though! Beat the heat and catch a cool buzz at the same time...

That's what I do with my awesome double IPAs, many from Oregon, others from abroad. We have one here called Hop-O-Thermia, I highly recommend for any hopheads out there.

Some other greats off the hop ahem, top of my head;

Ruination
Unapologetic
Collective distortion
Sublimely self righteous
Morning wood
Hop dog
Hop stoopid
Leafer madness
Hop the pond
Elysian the immortal
Fish tale organic IPA
Double wide
Jet star imperial......

Gosh there's so many more....

.....But a warm IPA?......I'd do it, but that's a blatant offense to the beer gods....

edit on 27-6-2015 by GoShredAK because: Beer

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Look around you and take responsibility for your footprint in this multi-billion if not multi-trillion dollar money grabber known as climate change, global warming, etc.. Real or not, the fact is the concept is a ginormous money maker for others.

The very device you are using in which to present this thread is made of.....?
If you travel by a mode of transportation requiring tires, those are made of...?
The cell phone, landline, your choice of communication is made of...?
The very shoes you wear are likely made of...?
Your clothing, even if hand sewn, is fabric that has been processed by machines using...?
What about your residence and all the luxuries therein. They too are made of...?

Rant away.

edit on 1435376890Friday30Fri, 26 Jun 2015 22:48:10 -0500pmFriday48101030 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Anyways, I am really displeased by this catastrophe and I would like to tell all the bastards that try to tell us there's no global warming to go to hell. You are ruining my beautiful state and probably the rest of the country if not the world as well just because you want to be selfish, lazy, spoiled, arrogant asses.

Sorry, my bad. I was trying to test my latest Doomsday device by melting an iceberg, but the calibration was a bit off. I should have it fixed by November or December and I'll send a blizzard or two your way to make it up to you.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If you could send ten degrees of that here to the U.P of Michigan, I sure would appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Yup, same here in good o'le BC. We had the driest May since record keeping and all along the coast is supposed to be a rain forest. Vancouver is so dry it needs to buy water from BC Hydro's reserves because we didn't get any snow on the mountains this past winter to replenish our supplies. The heat is just kicking in now, the grass is brown already which doesn't typically happen until August and we're already in full force with forest fire season.

Good times.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

We'd appreciate that.

In the mountains though, OK? As I hate driving in the snow...and blizzards simply cramp what little style I have.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

If beers were 60 miles from me, I wouldn't drink much. I don't really drink all that often anyway though so stressing out about the distance wouldn't be a problem. What kind of place is 60 miles away? Worth the drive?
edit on 6-27-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Record temps, lessened snow packs, a lot of the NW region is under drought watch. Wondering for anyone who supports this climate change issue, what have they done lately to help stop this?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I think a habit of slow drinking is responsible for my acceptance of tepid IPAs. Kind of pathetic I guess when you think about it but ok. I do like them cold but fridge is far away from room late at night. That said, I have noticed that I taste more the less cold it is. Regardless, the colder the better on hot days in the high double and low triple digits.

I liked Hop Czar for a long time, but lately the taste is a little strong for me. If I feel like a six pack, I will usually buy that, Sierra Nevada, or Pyramid Ale (Thunderhead). Illuminati triangles made me first take notice of them, so I tried it. Same with the Hop Czar (Pyramid and Obelisk) lol. If you can't beat em', drink their beers.

Good list. I have tried some of those, probably not most though. The one that stands out is Elysian. I really like their pint bottles and labels.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Naw, I can get beer in my little town, but variety is lacking.. I don't complain though. We were a dry county up to about 4 years ago.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Red Flag warnings in ALASKA, never seen that before. (for those not living in wild fire country - Fires are extremely likely - it's Defcon 1 for fires.)

Where I am - it's normal hot - but and I repeat - humid, topics type humid. Oh and seemlying endless drought.

Thanks - deniers.

If it's summer in interior Alaska there is a red flag warning somewhere. They are very common here during the warm months.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Hey there. I did what I said I would do. Now I'm sitting here drinking a Prickly Pear Shiner, waiting for the sunrise...

I live in the land of heat, I do feel for ya I do. It sucks. The drought that a vast part of Texas went through for the last 6 or 8 years was the saddest, most depressing thing I have ever endured. There is no assurance that it is even over.. I do not mean to make light of your situation.

It will end though. The rains will return and things won't seem as bad.

Buck up and stop fretting about things you cannot control. Just enjoy the ride.

Take pride in your drop in the bucket and live like you mean to leave a mark.

Sincerely, best of luck to ya.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

"Our irrigation water was turned off."
Sounds to me like you are part of the problem. "Irrigation water" ain't part of the natural flow of things if you get my drift.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Maybe the cows are farting too much in Washington? lol

As ice ages come and go so does global warming.....nothing new except for those who are not aware.

Maybe you should support Al Gore - he wants to punish those who disagree with global warming.

He also has plenty of carbon dollars for you to buy. (His own patent)

So if you use any aerosol spray cans, drive a car, fly in a plane, take a train, taxi cab, use a computer, cell phone, own a LCD TV, if you are breathing in and out, or eat food then you are part of the problem as well and you should be dealt with accordingly.
edit on 27-6-2015 by deathslayer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join