It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My state is starting an unprecedented heatwave and I blame it on you!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I currently live in Eastern Washington, which, as you may know, is on the northern border just south of Canada. You would think living this far north would protect us from heat, and historically that has been the case, though eastern Washington is always hot in the summer. Well today we start a predicted streak of two weeks of 100 degree plus weather. Since I've lived here I don't think we've ever had more than two days in a row of 100 degree weather. We're already in a drought. Our irrigation water was turned off for 3 weeks in May because we're only supposed to have around 37 percent of our normal water supply for the summer. Without irrigation our yard turns to dust fairly quickly.

Anyways, I am really displeased by this catastrophe and I would like to tell all the bastards that try to tell us there's no global warming to go to hell. You are ruining my beautiful state and probably the rest of the country if not the world as well just because you want to be selfish, lazy, spoiled, arrogant asses.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Yep. A tad bit on the dry side here.

...and I except the blame on behalf of all the farmers watering the roads...

112+ degrees here starting Monday. Just a bit on the hellishly hot side...

edit on 6/26/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's the rainy season here and we are having too much rain, mudslides, flooding and deaths.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

We'd be happy to take some. Our water tables are dangerously low...or headed that way.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hoopfest is gonna be Hotfest, I recommend drinking beer in the shade or some nice ac.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Bizarrro-land. It's like 74F here, raining pretty good, enjoying the lightning. Texas. Down is the new up?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Assuming the streets don't melt.

I don't think Spokane is going to be quite as hot as where I am (SE Washington), but it'll be warm enough, I fear.

Older folk will need to be very careful for the next week or so. So damned hot.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Well today we start a predicted streak of two weeks of 100 degree plus weather.

So, you are experiencing record hottest weather for the next two weeks, starting today? You rave like it already happened.

Let me know how that turns out.

edit on 26-6-2015 by intrptr because: quote

link   
a reply to: seagull

Seems like a good time to hit Silverwoods Boulder Beach or one of our many fine lakes and rivers. How's the Roosevelt right now?

link   
No malice intended, however you probably have not lived long enough to classify an extreme over a long term trend.
Even the term global warming as used today is mistaken for climate change, which is what it really is. We , collectively have no idea what global warming is all about, nor do we know about it's intermediate anomalies, or weather it can turn into a mini ice age. It is all conjecture based upon no experience that we have really none of.

Just like in the days of the dust bowl. You have the option of leaving.
edit on 26-6-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Haven't out there this summer. It was low last I heard.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Just looked at my thermometer: 103 degrees. At 8pm. A tad bit warm, now. Gets downright toasty in a couple three days.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Gotta have someone to blame, blame it on the Sun and then complain about how without the Sun you would be dead. Blame it on the magnetic pole shift and the lack of protection from the Sun in our atmosphere. Then blame it on the fact we only live an average of 75 years and have no records to explain the pole shift that is going on right now. Blame it on the fact that the pole shift takes time to happen and that it rapidly accelerates as it completes.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I am across the border in Idaho. The only way to beat the heat is to go up in the mountain forests.... Which they are clear cutting like crazy. Just gonna make this freakish heat worse.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Okay day one, 103…

with more on the way.
edit on 26-6-2015 by intrptr because: link

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'll take your blame with a smile.

When I fire up my gas-guzzling 71 Torino around 4:00 this morning, and go home enjoying the fresh cool West Texas air, the scent of plowed fields mingling with the occasional whiff of petrol when I open up the back barrels of my carb. The hum and vibrations waking me back up again long enough to see a sunrise before I go to sleep. I'll be thinking about your brown yard, and 2 week heat wave, and how I am happy that I survived nearly a decade of that same thing.

Best of luck to you.

Cycles happen.....

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's going to be in the upper 70's here on the Oregon coast. So obviously there are no gay people here since god has spared us from his punishment.

(I wanted to be first to blame it on teh gayz)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Or, blame it on the boogie...

*Hangs head in shame*

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Actually you can place some of the blame on Alaska it seems......

www.washingtonpost.com...

I'm having trouble with the link, sorry about that, but the article is from Washingtonpost.com, and it is titled

Over 300 wildfires are burning in Alaska right now. That’s an even bigger problem than it sounds

Typing that in the search function should take anybody who may be interested to the article.

[Alaska just had its hottest May in 91 years] This stunning tweet from the Alaska Division of Forestry sort of says it all:.........
(1) Recent research suggests that more Alaskan wildfires, and more large Alaskan fires in particular, are a trend;
(2) In some cases, wildfires in Alaska don’t just consume trees, grasses or tundra. They can burn away soils as well and threaten permafrost, frozen soil beneath the ground, and so potentially help to trigger additional release of carbon to the atmosphere.

“One major concern about wildfires becoming more frequent in permafrost areas is the potential to put the vast amounts of carbon stored there at increased risk of being emitted and further amplify warming,” said Todd Sanford, a climate scientist at Climate Central and lead author of the group’s newly released report on Alaskan wildfires

~~~~~
So, in sum, when we see so much of Alaska ablaze — as we do right now — we should worry about brave wildland firefighters and also any people who might be exposed to threat. But we should also worry about permafrost, and a potential contribution to climate change.

I don't know the validity of all that, but I do know we're seeing record heat here as well, and that the wildfires are some of the biggest in the nation. I found the article interesting, it sure seems climate change is speeding up exponentially.
edit on 26-6-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jun 26 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Move out here to the desert Southwest, where we have 110 degree plus weather almost consecutively for about three months. We still irrigate or lawns and parks to the point where excess water flows down road. Plenty of people walking about doing their business. October and November in the low 90's and we still golf.
I won't shed a tear for you because I've dealt with this situation for 40 plus years.
Climate change has nothing on us. We will just turn up the AC one notch and buy more ice cold beer.

P.S. Oh yes. We always get teased by these Monsoon storms building up on the edge of town. Then it looks like they will unleash their fury....then.....nothing happens. The urban island heat is so intense it dissipates the clouds.
edit on KFri, 26 Jun 2015 22:11:33 -0500pm3020153340 by Kratos40 because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jun 26 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed quote with REPLY TO Quote Crash Course

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join