It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi May Stop Issuing All Marriage Licenses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
People can only be pushed so far before they snap. I'm sure you'd all love that very much, but this administration has pushed, and pushed, and pushed. The left and its allies have pushed, and pushed, and pushed.

There will eventually be backlash. The longer it goes on before the backlash comes, the uglier that tends to be.

Serious, this issue is gonna be what causes the people to snap????

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
WAY OFF TOPIC:

"One nation under God..... with liberty and justice for all..............."

YEAH, Right...........

No, I think I stop there...........

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: ketsuko
People can only be pushed so far before they snap. I'm sure you'd all love that very much, but this administration has pushed, and pushed, and pushed. The left and its allies have pushed, and pushed, and pushed.

There will eventually be backlash. The longer it goes on before the backlash comes, the uglier that tends to be.

Serious, this issue is gonna be what causes the people to snap????

Nope. You should probably look up the backlash from 1967 when the Supreme Court ended all bans on interracial marriage (Loving v. Virginia). It was much worse. Now they'll just complain about it & then move on to the next issue.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Looks like the national guard should be sent again in order to enforce people of different sexual orientations to be treated equally under the law.

Of course, you totally miss the point that no one, hetero and homo, would be getting a license from the state. Basically, you would need to find a spiritual institution to marry you, and there are spiritual institutions that will marry gays. Unitarians will for one.

This is basically a means for allowing conscientious objection.
edit on 26-6-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If that crap starts happening it will be the LBGT Supremacist Movement.

I think I will trademark that.. LOL

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

They in this case being any number of "theys"

I'm going with Reptilian this week.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: enlightenedservant

They in this case being any number of "theys"

I'm going with Reptilian this week.

LOL I almost spit out my food reading that.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

By itself? No, but there have been a lot of issues and this is one big one piled on top of the heap.

A camel only has so strong a back. Then you have to factor in the horrendous economy and the fact that no one is very happy with life the universe and everything into the bargain.

But the government rules only with the consent of the government, and the government's approval across all branches is in the crapper.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Political grandstanding. They will huff and puff and pound themselves on the chest, then acquiesce and say "we tried".

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Going by your picture I dont think I would like a updated version of Daisy Duke .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

Pfft, then you have no vision as a writer. I could spin a Transexual Daisy Duke into an Emmy win easily.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Then I guess Mississippi doesn't need federal monies either, do they?

They want to play that game, they need to recall who won the last time they went head to head with the federal govt.

You don't get to pick and choose which rules/laws to obey, not without consequence anyway.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

They want to play that game, they need to recall who won the last time they went head to head with the federal govt.

You don't get to pick and choose which rules/laws to obey, not without consequence anyway.

See Obama.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

...and that makes it right how?

Equal rights for all, or for none. Which do we prefer?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
They'll bitch, they'll threaten, they'll whine, they'll threaten, they'll get the smackdown & STHU. I give it a week.

It's the death throes of "I can't be top dog lording over people with my bible anymore, WAAAAAAH!" And by that, I mean the governors injecting their personal beliefs where they don't belong. Hey, Rick Snyder here in MI sucked a lemon & got over himself while conceding to the SCOTUS ruling, don't see why it's not possible for others. He's a real prick of a conservative governor, no one seems to be willing to admit to having voted for him. He actually went so far as to say publicly, to paraphrase, "Let's move on & be good to each other". That's like, a grown-up attitude & stuff

If he can do it, so can the poor crybaby boys in Louisiana & Mississippi.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
They'll bitch, they'll threaten, they'll whine, they'll threaten, they'll get the smackdown & STHU. I give it a week.

It's the death throes of "I can't be top dog lording over people with my bible anymore, WAAAAAAH!" And by that, I mean the governors injecting their personal beliefs where they don't belong. Hey, Rick Snyder here in MI sucked a lemon & got over himself while conceding to the SCOTUS ruling, don't see why it's not possible for others. He's a real prick of a conservative governor, no one seems to be willing to admit to having voted for him. He actually went so far as to say publicly, to paraphrase, "Let's move on & be good to each other". That's like, a grown-up attitude & stuff

If he can do it, so can the poor crybaby boys in Louisiana & Mississippi.

Thank you and yes. You have described exactly what will happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The courts might find that coercive and threatening !!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Given the court that ruled is SCOTUS... I don't see 'em winning it.

They really need to get over it and move on. We've much more important things to worry about.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Apparently Texas, Oklahoma and Alabama all want the same basic power since Alabama has it already.

Lol I guess Texas tried but the clerks were handing em out anyway..so that must have failed.

The Chief Justice of Alabama had this to say as well.

The chief justice of Alabama's Supreme Court and a leading opponent of same-sex marriage on Friday called the Supreme Court's ruling to legalize gay and lesbian nuptials nationwide "even worse" than the Court's 19th century decision to uphold racial segregation.

"I believe it's worse because it affects our entire system of morality and family values," Ray Moore told CNN in a phone interview Friday.

Moore has consistently fought against same-sex marriage. In February, he ordered lower court judges in Alabama not to implement a federal court ruling that overturned the state's ban on same-sex marriage.

So legalized gay marriage is worse than legal segregation.....

edit on 26-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'd just like to point out all the little tyrants coming out on this thread telling the rest of us how to live, how to believe and that they know better and how exactly to force us to comply by any means to justify your ends.

This, folks, is where the roots of the first Civil War and the battle flag come from. This type of behavior right here. Some people thinking they know better for the rest of us and attempting to force us to comply.

Maybe it's not time to retire that flag yet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join