It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If god were ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If god were a real god, would he allow for the punishment of those who had no choice in who they were?

If god were a politician, would he ignore the will of the people?

If god were a policeman, would he choose to kill rather than protect?

If god were a soldier, would he kill?

If god were a medic, would he cure or make money?

If god were a human being, would he ask these questions?

There are many questions that one could ask.

Feel free.

edit on 26-6-2015 by Jonjonj because: alignment

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Bob Rivers or Weird Al – What If God Smoked Cannabis?

If God had long hair
And a goatee,
And if his eyes looked pretty glazed...
If He looked spaced out
Would you buy his story?
Would you believe he had an eye infection?
And yeah, yeah, God he looks baked
And yeah, yeah, God He smells good,
And yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah...
What if God smoked cannabis?
Hit the bung like some of us?
Drove a tie-dyed microbus,
And he subscribed to Rolling Stone?
When God made this place,
In the beginning,
Did He plant any seeds?
Or did he put them there for Adam and Eve,
So they'd be hungry for the apple that the snake
Was always offering?
And yeah, yeah... God rolls great,
And yeah, yeah, God he smells good,
And yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah...
What if God smoked cannabis?
Do you suppose he had a buzz
When he made the platypus
When he created earth, our home?
Does He like Pearl Jam or the Stones?
And do you think He rolls His own
Up there in heaven on the throne?
And when the saints go marching home,
Does he just sit and smoke a bone

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Only God may answer your questions.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

If God being God was a higher being removed from time and space, and akin to the consciousness that controls every cell of a body. Whom would it listen to, the ego or the hurting member?

Would angels then be white blood cells of a higher notion?

Is it an incomprehensible computer or a giant turtle?

Would it matter right here and now?

Cheers?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If God were... a muffin, what kind would he be?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Excellent post and thank you.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Chocolate chip of course.

Hmmm muffins.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

If god were a chef, would he spend time making a pie, or just spill the ingredients into a bowl and hope it worked out?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
If God were... a muffin, what kind would he be?

I'd have to go with a chocolate chip muffin, mmmmmmm. And if it was a female chocolate chip muffin, I could eat her and become like Brundle-Fly, except I would be Muff-Dave! Lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth
Only God may answer your questions.

And yet you answered me...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Treespeaker

If God being God was a higher being removed from time and space, and akin to the consciousness that controls every cell of a body. Whom would it listen to, the ego or the hurting member?

Would angels then be white blood cells of a higher notion?

Is it an incomprehensible computer or a giant turtle?

Would it matter right here and now?

Cheers?

Historically speaking, it is turtles, all the way down!
edit on 26-6-2015 by Jonjonj because: mistake

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Which God, The Universe? Or Our Creator?

If your answer is the Universe. Then i would say the Universe wouldn't have much to say because it would be self projecting existing since existance itself is the Universe.

But the Creator? Well assuming humanity has been created and we have a creator i guess it just depends on what form our creator is in and if it can simulate a human being.

Of course the universe can simulate a human being, because we are technically the Universe. You see, I am one person. But i collectively make up the mass that includes the Universe. Therefore i am a fragment of the Universe. Just like everyone else here is a fragment of the Universe. The matter has and will always exist it's just changing form. So we will never remain the same form forever because decay dictates change must occure.

A creator or a human to be easier to understand is just a particular arrangment of atoms to molecules containing the proper energy needed to duplicate. Reproduction copies these blueprints, All of it collectively * Living* Data held within DNA and surrounding tissue and bones, And that's not even including our consiousness generated by the particular varient of neurons our brain has. We are made of the Universe but are interconnected to it as we are not only made of the Universe but are One with the Universe.

Didn't intend for this to be so long but i hope you enjoyed it lol.

A) Creator is not a politician, But a portion of the Universe is. Answer : YES and NO

B) If god were a policeman, would he choose to kill rather than protect? Creator would not be a policeman, The universe is a portion of policeman tho for obvious reasons. The answer to this is YES and NO

C) If god were a soldier, would he kill? Creator is a soldier by definition so yes creator would kill in war, In our amount of history existing as a species in unwritten history is staggering. For all we know if we were created. Creator would probably be soldier given our brutal tendencies. It's just a given. Soldiers make war. But not everyone that kills is a soldier. This is a long answer but its nessisary. People kill plants and animals for food. Does that make them soldiers? No we tend to call people that do the farming and slaughtering pesants in the distant past but now we call them all farmers.

If God is the Universe then god is actively slaughtering itself since the Universe is defined by what's in it which is namely existance itself. So if god is a soldier killing itself in the Universe then it is technically a maschistic self mutilator. Constantly killing itself with portions of itself against itself for the better of itself since all is the Universe and the Universe is all.

Or Creator which is not the entirety of the Universe but only a small portion of it such as another species created us then we could also write a bunch of hilarious answers to fit into these questions. C is a long one.

d)

Sure why not. We already established what God is or isn't rather. And also No because we don't have absolute certainty that God is in Medic form right now.

E)If god were a human being, would he ask these questions?

IF God was a human being then we are just a simulation existing within Gods head. So regardless of what we think or do, we are just a figment of said persons imagination. and once they lose the game or are unpluged since were assuming God is a humans right and if God by definition is Either a Universe or a copy of our creator of our copy it can get a bit loopy here. See If god is the Universe but is also just a human. It could just mean the exact same thing that i said earlier about how everyone is a fragment of god if god is the Universe but also if all of the universe is just one person then we would just be a figment of that persons imagination trapped within a matrix but we wouldnt be real but God would be the only real person because God is ahuman in this question and his or hers or heshe/IT would question why they were the only real person and why everyone else is so fake but that's just borderline psychophrenic. But it would still get pretty spiritual since god is spiritual and Stuff. Like all the stuff. Or god is an alien that asks why the human species is the way it is oh wait, They were made that way on purpose to reflect us. But again this question is up to interpritation.

F) There are many questions that one could ask.

Yup and all of them require more than once simple perspective for a question lol. I'm just one dude but there are definently more sides to those questions there.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
But anyway, the premise is to ask questions about a/the god and what he/she/it would do in certain circumstances I suppose.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If god loved mankind, would he allow the murder of children?

Questions like that I guess.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yeah totally, Because it's happening right now. Unless God is asleep or unable to stop it or for some other reason wants people to suffer is completely up to him because our technology may or may not beable to match depending if God is the entire universe or is just an alien.

IF ur asking if the universe cares.

The Universe totally does not care. We are the Universe. And we can't even stop Death. Well im sure portions of the universe hate kids dying namely the lives that were effected by it. But the Universe is just to large to stop for one baby dying. Death is a remindiner that we must strive for great things well we have life, or enjoy it as much as possible because life is a gift.

To be flesh and blood that is.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I was simply asking If people had questions for god. And if those questions were in any way contradictory to the facts (that was of course my subtext).

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I don't really have any questions lol Il just quietly back out..

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
If god were a real god, would he allow for the punishment of those who had no choice in who they were?

There is no God. That is all.

There are many questions that one could ask.

Feel free.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

God punishes those who lack belief in Him.

It's quite clear He does not ignore the will of the people. Those who live by their own will rather than doing their best to live by His will face the consequences at judgment.

God has often exercised His wrath to protect his flock.

Read the end of the book. He returns as a conqueror.

God has no need of sustenance.

But God's not a human being.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

If god were a real god would he allow people to write his autobiography?

Would he allow people of differing opinion to determine his will?

Who would get the bulk of inheritance from that will?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join