It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change - A Natural Earth Cycle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Common sense tells me the earth is going through a natural cycle of climate change just like it has been doing for millions of years. Are we humans contributing to climate change. I most certainly think we are. To what degree I don't know and our scientists can't agree how much either.

Irregardless, we should make global changes in what we humans are doing negatively to our earth. The thing that drives me up a wall is global Governments just talk and talk about doing something about it but don't do anything. I suspect our corporate driven politicians are doing just what corporations want them to do. Nothing!

Perhaps it's to late for us to be helpful. Maybe climate change would have or will move forward no matter what affect we did in the past or the future.

Perhaps we should be getting ready to build infrastructure with the attempted goal of saving as many species including humans to the degree we can.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

This guy has the real answer

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

To what degree I don't know and our scientists can't agree how much either.

That confusion on your part is part of the intended problem.

If I was a coal company Id want people bickering about the worlds future climate than my effluence. Big Oil, Airlines, Auto industry, power grid central, and the whatever industrial complex you care to name don't want us concerned with toxic run off or the fumes they pump into the atmosphere, they want us bickering over storms, weather, ice, and seal levels.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

We've actually deviated away from the natural climate cycle. Earth should be going through a mild cooling right now increasing over the next thousands of years to a new glacial period.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

To what degree I don't know and our scientists can't agree how much either.

That confusion on your part is part of the intended problem.

If I was a coal company Id want people bickering about the worlds future climate than my effluence. Big Oil, Airlines, Auto industry, power grid central, and the whatever industrial complex you care to name don't want us concerned with toxic run off or the fumes they pump into the atmosphere, they want us bickering over storms, weather, ice, and seal levels.

You did know that the very ones you mentioned came under strict regulations starting in the 70s , right ? There has been much progress in this especially for the power companies. Toxic runoffs and fumes have been near eliminated since the 80s and 90s. This is 2015. Not even Los Angeles sees that type of deal anymore.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Cute video. The conclusion drawn is that "They" (with a capital T) can't decide what they want us to believe amongst themselves.

Believe what we want, the reality is I had to drive my moms car for a service yesterday, it was miles from home, they drove me back home by shuttle, I was the only person in that shuttle. I presume the shuttle returned to the service center. Then my brother drove cross town, picked me up and drove us to the service center to retrieve the car and we both drove home separately.

The whole time I was waiting for the car, lots of cars were dropped off to be serviced by people that also need to be driven back and forth, probably miles away, both ways, too.

Then most of those people return to work, again miles away, then pick up the kids, shop, and visit friends. All this back and forth occurring miles apart is exactly the way modern distopia is purposefully designed to keep us running to and fro, idling at lights, delivering, picking up and filling our tanks with gas.

When they say we have a choice, we surely do, don't drive and wither away.

I think I need a change of climate.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Everything we don't understand requires conjecture, the fact is our magnetic field is something we are not able to define and the placement of our solar system in this galaxy is so hard to grasp, it is just easier to make "global warming" a man made situation.

If there was a magnetic pole shift occurring right now and it has been going on for 2000 years there would be know way for us to quantify, but common sense to me allows for that to be the bigger issue concerning climate change.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I have a close friend who is a meteorologist at NASA.

He says that the earth has natural cycles of warming and cooling. Some much more intense and drastic than we are currently experiencing. He says - a NASA scientist mind you - a meteorologist for NASA - that humans don't make a bit of difference when it comes to the cycles. They are going to happen regardless of what humans do or don't do.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg

...Perhaps we should be getting ready to build infrastructure with the attempted goal of saving as many species including humans to the degree we can.

the Pope is on board with Baptizing Aliens.... that is 'saving' a species isn't it ?

the Shadow Govt here in the USA, the Illuminati of Bilderberg lines are all on board for disarming the world from gun ownership (I guess the Jihadists are exempt as their peaceful ideology requires acts of terror to hasten the Mahdi return)

so 2-for-2 on building the infrastructure to save humans/aliens/ plants & animals/...but only 25% of sea-life

baptism and gun confiscation will reduce the onslaught of Climate Change severity

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Not even Los Angeles sees that type of deal anymore.

Wasn't there just a spill off shore mucking up the beaches there? how quickly we forget that and continue to cry about the weather.

Yah, that type deal...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
I have a close friend who is a meteorologist at NASA.

He says that the earth has natural cycles of warming and cooling. Some much more intense and drastic than we are currently experiencing. He says - a NASA scientist mind you - a meteorologist for NASA - that humans don't make a bit of difference when it comes to the cycles. They are going to happen regardless of what humans do or don't do.

I had a Teacher at Engineering who had a theory about a climate cycle of four 7 year steps (28 yr total), I remember them being Dry, Rainy, Hot & Cold... that was 40 years ago and so far his model has worked in my neck of the woods.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Climate change....

It's had so many names, *so* many names.

Personally, I think the notion is overblown and not called what it should be called - pollution.

Should we be doing more to self-monitor what we are doing? Yes.

Should the Gov't get involved to monitor what we are doing? No.

Should the Gov't dole out punishments to those who don't? No.

Should the Gov't dole out *incentives* to those who do? Yes.

Follow the money, look at who'd be selling 'carbon credits' - as if this would make the pollution any 'more clean'...it won't.
It's simply another method to separate the people from their money, drive costs up beyond what many can afford...even with that $15 for min wage.

Why are people *so* set on giving the Gov't more power, and not reigning them in? The Gov't doesn't need more money and certainly no more power. They want all the power and none of the responsibility or accountability that comes with it.
Look at our current political 'leaders' if you want proof.

So many kids are 'my parents have it out for me', when in reality they care more than any politician does. Parents have a vested interest...politicians only interest is in themselves, their friends, money and power.

For those who could remember as a teenager, pining to get out of your parents homes because they were too strict, and had too much power over their lives...these same people are giving this power and oh-so-ever-much-more power to the Gov't - and these people are PROVEN to be untrustworthy in almost ever single facet...and yet people keep electing them and PAYING them to do it.

Common sense, it would seem, isn't so common anymore.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Not even Los Angeles sees that type of deal anymore.

Wasn't there just a spill off shore mucking up the beaches there? how quickly we forget that and continue to cry about the weather.

Yah, that type deal...

A SPILL. Not run-off nor exhaust as you had stated. An accident. You cannot regulate accidents , merely research causation .
edit on 26-6-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

A SPILL. Not run-off nor exhaust as you had stated. An accident. You cannot regulate accidents , merely research causation .

You sound like a lobbyist.

The spills are decimating oceans, too. I said effluence.

ef·flu·ence
ˈeflo͞oəns/Submit
noun
a substance that flows out from something.
the action of flowing out.

edit on 26-6-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So that is what this substance is flowing from my ears, effluence!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Better get that looked at.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg
Common sense tells me the earth is going through a natural cycle of climate change just like it has been doing for millions of years.

In science, "common sense" isn't good enough. Experimental and observational data are, backed by extensively cross-checked physics theory.

Common sense tells me that quantum mechanics is crazy mumbo-jumbo, but the laser tells me that it's bang on true.

Are we humans contributing to climate change. I most certainly think we are. To what degree I don't know and our scientists can't agree how much either.

Our scientists in fact do agree how much humans contribute to climate change now.

This has been studied over and over quantitatively, and now the answer is clear.

The question is not what happened 10,000 years ago, or 1 million or 100 million, but now. And now we have much much better data than inferring things from past proxies.
edit on 26-6-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

join