It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State news: Terrorists attack a Tunisian hotel, casualties reported

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Ya know, when we consider the general level of intelligence most of these guys must have there is little doubt in my mind we could trick a vast majority of them and weaken the entire structure. A little hollywood magic, some cutting edge tech and a solid concept and ISIS would just run.

Fake an army of White Devils....that should solve the problem.

Y'know, you do have a great idea. Get Hollywood on the case. I'll bet ILM and some of the worlds best magicians could put together the illusion of Mohammed appearing in the sky telling them, "You're doing it wrong".

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

There are two simple truths the the past the past ten years should have taught us, thanks in part to groups like ISIS.

Fear works wonders and stupid people will believe anything.

Maybe we should be using those lessons to our advantage in this situation.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Awful tragedy, RIP and prayers to the injured.

I don't know if there is a solution, can the World decide that radical Islam, is there a better generic term? Is of such a threat to the world that we can make it illegal in all countries and irradicate it?

A fund established to help poorer nations, a UN mandate to help countries who don't have the military or police to stop it and a mandate to shoot or arrest anyone committing this?

An agreement that any country harbouring or supporting will have sanctions and travel bans until they irradicate it or a joint task force invades and occupies to crush it?

I don't think its possible, perhaps this is just the way of life now for a few 100 years until something else happens, the casualties we are seeing are acceptable collateral damage because the alternative is just too hard.

Damn sham(e).
edit on 26 6 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
Awful tragedy, RIP and prayers to the injured.

I don't know if there is a solution, can the World decide that radical Islam, is there a better generic term? Is of such a threat to the world that we can make it illegal in all countries and irradicate it?

A fund established to help poorer nations, a UN mandate to help countries who don't have the military or police to stop it and a mandate to shoot or arrest anyone committing this?

An agreement that any country harbouring or supporting will have sanctions and travel bans until they irradicate it or a joint task force invades and occupies to crush it?

I don't think its possible, perhaps this is just the way of life now for a few 100 years until something else happens, the casualties we are seeing are acceptable collateral damage because the alternative is just too hard.

Damn sham(e).

Can the world decide to eradicate radical Islam?
No, unfortunately, freedom of speech etc.

A fund to help poor countries?
Won't work. For example most of the money going to charities for starving children in Africa ends up lining the riches pockets, it's a massive racket over there. The money would likely go straight to terrorists.

An agreement for other countries harboring them?
Can't really tell a country how to run themselves.

In my opinion, there will only be action when there is a massive attack on a western country. For example a chemical attack, in Paris, or London. With 1000+ casualties. Think 911 type stuff. Then we can officially go to "war". That means we can just bomb Syria etc.

When our women and children die, we won't care about their women and children.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
^ But the US for example... can maybe stop their likely co opted support (alCIAda) of these to bit against other ones. Maybe the NSA can focus on them, instead of trolling them on social media while they continue to recruit. Maybe instead of fooling around with spying on innocent citizens and governments(as released lately).

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: socketdude
In my opinion, there will only be action when there is a massive attack on a western country. For example a chemical attack, in Paris, or London. With 1000+ casualties. Think 911 type stuff. Then we can officially go to "war". That means we can just bomb Syria etc.

Yes that's when there will be proper action, but the idea that we should be bombing Syria is mental.

The regime in Syria is the one we should be backing, a secular state that protects minorities like Christians. By bombing Syria and taking away the secular state and the leader we will just have more Libyas and Iraqs where Christians are forced to flee and war lords take over and centralised state disolves leaving hundreds of battling entities. The west has created this mess to some degree, why do the same to Syria and let the religious fanatics take over?
edit on 27-6-2015 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I think I agree with you, there.

Whilst the Syrian Government is no angel, it at least had a modicum of civility about it whereas these IS are just animals.

That said, I find myself getting more miffed at each and every one of these attacks - I'm sure there are others who feel the same. Eventually, they'll do something so heinous that the gloves will have to come off.

Someone asked me at work today if I was willing to go and fight them when I suggested we send in the Army - of course! But I need to make sure my bills are paid and family is looked after, plus I need training. If the Government asked for volunteers and could provide me with the above, point me in the direction of the bastards....

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Know where you're coming from there Stu. Every time I see another attack by these filth it's like I just want to see them get sorted out by someone, be it the local decent forces or the west. To see what they have done to the worlds oldest Christian communities in Iraq and Syria makes me sick, jeez they need sorting. That's what our army is for, I won't be volunteering though, we have a complete professional army that can do it for us, that's what they are there for. Hopefully someone else will sort them out, maybe when things get really bad Putin will get stuck in properly and put Russian forces into the Syrian theatre to save the secular state and sort out the mad men.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

R.I.P to every poor soul these ISIS scum have taken.

My friend had a daughter on holiday located in a hotel a few hundred yards away from this horrific incident. Luckily they have now managed to get a flight back home.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I was away while all this happening and just catching up with events now.
I can't help thinking though that our own governments played a part. Not in this attack perhaps, but in creating the environment in which these murderers can flourish. Tunisia's neighbour, a mostly secular country, was destroyed and it's leader murdered by the Jihadists, armed and aided by the west in the overthrow of Gaddafi.
We then left - Mission Accomplished - having destroyed the place and left much of it's civilian infrastructure in ruins (a war crime!) and in the hands of opposing Jihadi "rebel" groups. I am sure the leadership in Tunisia is well aware of this too and the impact it is now having, and will do in the future, on their own country.

It sickens me to see the likes of Cameron on TV condemning it all, when it was he and other like him that created the situation in the first place. To him, a bunch of dead Brit tourists are nothing more than a photo op and a chance to talk tough for the press, while serving the political agenda for more security state apparatus and reprisals.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join