It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidents Whom Owned Slaves: 4 Are on Currency

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

Well being from britain i cant say i know the greatest amount about us history and slavery in the us. And i trust your assessment. I just mean because they came from a time whe m slavery was am accepted practice them surely the good they did shouldnt be dismissed because now people want the confederate flag banned.

Obvs we know its not right they owned slaves. But they werent exactly the o ly people to siy idly by and let it happen. Or actively participate in slavery . Also i think for sure that guy you mentiones would be an amazing candidate for your currency

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
And sorry about the typos. Its 6 am and im drunk and on a phone haha

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
And also in reference to people being on yout currency that arent presidents. Well surely thats a good thing. Shows that anybody, regardless of background can be recognised enough to be respected by appearing on money.

Like in britain. Old liz is on the front of every note. But we also have citezens of extreme prestige featuring on the back. Which to me acknowledges that in britain. We are all equal. Regardleas of birth

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Dude.

You know...now that you mention it.....we should all really start envisioning a world where anything created by those old farty white dudes didn't exist, right? Just to be totally fair and make sure we're not oppressing ANYONE, let's do away with EVERYTHING we didn't personally handcraft from ideas generated by our own brains without the influence of other cultures or civilizations from any point in history.

I'm really good at making charcoal and fire, and will be happy to paint the caves for your amusement here....although at this juncture I have the feeling levity might not be a concept you're familiar with so let's see if you're familiar with sarcasm.

Since even as little as two people will eventually find fault with something to do with the other at some point - no matter how much a trifle or insignificant - thereby let's make sure to do away with everyone other than ourselves. Cna't have ANYONE being offended, right?

Heavens forbid.

Oh, wait - some people are offended by the concept of God, and others offended by the virtues of Science, so we'll have to do away with all that rot as well. No outside influences that might be OFFENSIVE, right? Whoops - there went the planet, the universe and all the laws of physics.

Equal opportunity, folks - here we go!
Hang tight, it'll be over in a second.

Well that was easy.

Sure is dark out here in the cold void.
Kinda lonely too.

Well, on the bright side - AT LEAST THERE'S NO ONE GETTING OFFENDED.

*PROTIP : if such causality were to actually occur, you'd end up psychotic and fighting with yourself. Been there, done that. Ain't fun. Humor doesn't need to be responded to when there are plenty of other people willing to beat this horse to death alongside you. Best of luck. May your outcome be less severe than my final solution suggestion. Have a nice day and thanks for reading.

The point I am trying to get across is that banning one thing, i.e. The Confederate Flag is just going to open a giant can of worms, nasty racist worms, equal rights worms, and transgender worms. One single act of racist violence cannot be attributed to a symbol so definitivly that it causes it to be banned, not in the U.S. anyways, and yet this is what is being flooded over the airwaves. i don't like to add to it, so I turned the subject around on itself, wanted people to see another side of it that isn't discussed.

I have no problem with certain presidents owning slaves and being on currency, as they were centuries ago, but if the confederate flag gets banned, what reason will people have to not remove them from currency? Because they meant alot and helped shape the nation? They were mostly from Virginia and Carolina-Confederate States- thus they are the symboi of the flag by their own actions, by what they represented.

Just like the politicians that want carbon tax yet travel by private jet and have giant houses to power even with noone in them. It's all hypocritical. And the masses are being led into a rabbithole that only leads to the designed outcome.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I get your point totally and cannot argue it really. Kudos

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: moosevernel
And also in reference to people being on yout currency that arent presidents. Well surely thats a good thing. Shows that anybody, regardless of background can be recognised enough to be respected by appearing on money.

Like in britain. Old liz is on the front of every note. But we also have citezens of extreme prestige featuring on the back. Which to me acknowledges that in britain. We are all equal. Regardleas of birth

All people on U.S. currency have a great deal to do with the government. Franklin and Hamilton (lawyer) were founding fathers, had a lot to do with the Declaration of Independence yet were never Presidents. Ben Frankiln was also an inventor as you may know, and likley would have been the most esteemed President if he were to be one. the only other person to appear on a coin or paper that wasn't a President or founding father was Sacajawea [sic], who appeared on the golden dollar coin. Hamilton will soon be removed from the 10 dollar bill in replace of a woman, and a woman has never been President and wasn't apart of the founding fathers so It will be a change for probable good.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Slave owners are on the Currency

that was all part of the hidden agenda, now that the currency is offensive too certain individuals , there is no other choice but too ban it & go too an all cashless society where money is just transfered from bank to bank.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Blowback

But noone is saying that the people on their currency is offensive, it is merely the Confederate Flag for now. I am merely pointing out that some of our most idolized Presidents and "Forefathers" were slave owners. I am not saying that the MSM will ever acknowledge that the people on the currency were moslty slave owners, I am saying that it is hypocritical since many of the original Presidents were Confederates and are seen on Currency.

It could even go as far as the laws that were created by them, "racist whigs" could be (have been) abolished for a more tolerant sheeple type of government.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal
a reply to: caladonea

Even Existed?
My dear,
I am very upset and sad
to inform you that it exists
presently.

Indeed it does.
But talking about something that happened over a century ago diverts our attention from the stories of slavery, right here in the US and all over the world, happening today. The NewSpeak word for slavery is "Human Trafficing" which somehow is less terrifying to the masses than sex slaves of all ages and genders.
From the levels of hysteria I see here and splashed across the web, one would have to conclude that the USA invented slavery so they could have people to whip, starve and work to death.
When considering the "hypocrisy" of the Founders, give this a thought:
If you are buying products made in China or any other Communist-controlled country, you are supporting slavery. Your support is routed of course, through corporate America so you don't have to see that kid that works 12 hours a day in a factory for 3 bowls of rice a day and a mat to sleep on.
If you are a customer of any of the major world banks, you're part of the problem of corrupt banksters and their money-laundering schemes which lead to widespread violence and terrorism. You are supporting their actions with your business.
What will happen when any connection with a corporate entity is viewed as "corporate-ism" and all the evils that particular hatefulness brings to us? When the general population finally realizes that the multinational complexes, military-industrial, pharmaceutical-petro-chemical, media and communications, have taken complete control of our government by purchasing their services, there is bound to be a backlash.
What if your (insert name of multi-national bank here) credit card suddenly becomes the equivalent of the Stars and Bars?
Should that happen, you might find yourself in the same predicament that many slave owners of the time confronted. Slavery was a part of the established economic system. It was always a problem for a great many people, as writings from the day show. Inherited slaves caused many people to hold apparently contradictory ideas; that slavery was morally wrong but so was cruelty to others. They realized it would be terribly cruel to turn these people out of the only home they had ever known. They realized that the stability of the community would be severely disrupted if there were a sudden freeing of all slaves. Rational people wanted to come to a compromise that would allow a phasing out of slavery. Then, as now, politicians were less than rational and thought the answer was to do violence to those who disagreed with their model.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I hear ya. But like i say. You dont have to be part of tye government or anything to get on tye money here. I know there are many fantastic americans who deserve to be on your currency. Wright brotherz. Eddison. Just to name a couple. Its how we do it here. Charles darwin and marie curie. Not just the people who are 'royalty' or founded your country in your case. But real people who made a difference to the world and should be recognised as such.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Star for that very thought provoking and insightful post

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Supporting the popular scientific theory that a dominant genetic trait and generally weak DNA structure, determines a rare but common hypocritical characteristic among career politicians.

" Confederate Flag Controversy: Will Obama Resign Because His Family Owned Slaves? "

Source: www.infowars.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This entire Country was based on slavery from its inception, as most All who traveled here were White indentured Servants who could not afford passage...Fact

The only free rides were given to Trafficked Africans Sold by their Kings...Fact

Slavery during the Civil war was ending due to the invention of the Cotton Gin by Whitney. Lincoln Cut a deal with Belize to attempt to rid large populations of Black slaves, But was Cut short due to the numbers, so was forced to Emancipate...Fact

Truth of the matter is, this entire country and the flag we fly proudly for our 50 Conspirators, should be Dissolved, if we must have political and moral Correctness and replaced by the JOLLY ROGER www.united-states-flag.com... And Change the Name of this Country to United States of Vespucci for its Discoverers Surname, as it should be

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

You Forgot about another President Connected to Slave Ownership in his Family Line...........

" Obama’s great-great-great-great grandfather, George Washington Overall, owned two slaves who were recorded in the 1850 census in Nelson County, Ky., the Baltimore Sun reported in 2007, and Obama’s great-great-great-great-great-grandmother, Mary Duvall, also owned slaves.
Obama’s campaign team in 2008 did not dispute the information.
“While a relative owned slaves, another fought for the Union in the Civil War,” Obama’s campaign spokesman Bill Burton said. “And it is a true measure of progress that the descendant of a slave owner would come to marry a student from Kenya and produce a son who would grow up to be a candidate for president of the United States.” "

www.prisonplanet.com...

So what is Really the Point of this Thread ?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasoul
Supporting the popular scientific theory that a dominant genetic trait and generally weak DNA structure, determines a rare but common hypocritical characteristic among career politicians.

" Confederate Flag Controversy: Will Obama Resign Because His Family Owned Slaves? "

Source: www.infowars.com...

Will Obama resign because his ancestors owned slaves? No. It would be easier to say that his ancestor are slaves, that he is a slave, that we all are slaves to something; whether it be money, power, sex, drugs, happiness, etc, we are all slaves in some regard. It just so happens that Obamas ghosts owned people, but these slave people had hope, which got the Americas to where they are today, and voted for a black man to be president. SARC.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

I think slavery and owning slaves is wrong and I am very upset and sad that slavery even existed. It hurts my heart...I am glad that we have come as far as electing a President who has a mixed ancestry...but we have a long way to go in society.

I was raised in a family where we were taught to accept people ...if they were good people no matter their race.

I think it is awful that previous Presidents have owned slaves; I just don't understand how to them that was normal; and why would America elect such people?

I think that the different races on planet Earth are wonderful; I really like the diversity in people and there are so many interesting and good people on this planet.

I have heard that there are places that slavery still exists on Earth; I wish I had the power to stop slavery on the entire planet; I just wonder...what are the solutions?

I just want to point out a few definitions of slavery, "a mechanism under control of and repeating the actions of a similar mechanism," and a person entirely under the domination of some influence or person."

I appreciate and condone your family to raising you in such a way where you are appreciative, but do you appreciate people today whom are racist, that hold strong ties with a heritage revolving around conservation of gentics, those who are disgusted by interbredding with other races? Even if these so called racists would never commit harm against one another, would you still consider them "good" if they were disgusted by another race? That they felt a power over them, a right of passage? What is your reasoning to explain the lack of technology developed in African nations in comparison to European nations? They have the raw materials and the people, but don't produce anything original and world changing. Historically it is idisputable that many nations of color lack innovation and language and advancement that have not come from European descendents. You could argue Asia, but it has been in constant trade with Europe for thousands of years that it's hard to track, so it might as well be said that South of the Equator are unpreductive unless they adopt the North's views and utilize the sheer quantity of people to mass produce stolen ideas. Again, a point of view that is out there and good luck disproving it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I agree with you completely, thank you for your thread. Although I am a liberal, I find the politically correct movement offensive. If we are going to ban the Confederate flag, why not ban the American flag and corporate insignias as well for the atrocities they have committed? Your post makes a lot of sense. I am glad that there are still some sensible people around.

It doesn't make you racist, I'm not racist and I think it is a dumb idea to ban a flag and rename roads. In fact, I think it is a fad that people fall into because they are afraid of what others will think of them if they don't.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Great thread, very thought provoking. Given the facts as outlined, now we should stop dealing with american currency that details slave owners until it is banned like your confederate flag.

Portraits of former presidential slave owners should be taken down along with the flag. Famous americans whether inventors, politicians or people of prominence who dealt with slavery should be stricken from the history books. Yeah, lets go on a witch hunt...again...

After the clean up there'll be no 'dark' history for american folks. Same here in Aussie.

Well put together iDope. I like your style and after reading there are still those that really don't get it.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I agree with you completely, thank you for your thread. Although I am a liberal, I find the politically correct movement offensive. If we are going to ban the Confederate flag, why not ban the American flag and corporate insignias as well for the atrocities they have committed? Your post makes a lot of sense. I am glad that there are still some sensible people around.

It doesn't make you racist, I'm not racist and I think it is a dumb idea to ban a flag and rename roads. In fact, I think it is a fad that people fall into because they are afraid of what others will think of them if they don't.

I personally see the idea of being Politically Correct as being a slave to what others believe is "safe." Some may say I am defending the confederate flag, which I am not, I am simply calling it a symbol; like the all seeing eye, the U.S. flag, Nike victory sign, Cadeceus medical symbol, the Apple Co. with a bite taken out of the apple as in Eden resembling mans fault (I just kind of put that together now), etc. Symbols mean a lot, but banning a symbol will not erase the ideolgy behind it. Banning the Nazi Swastika does not obliterate the fascist regime, they could simply go by a tiny moustache symbol or the fight club soap symbol with a Joshua star on it, or whatever they want, the ideology is still there. Taking away a symbol only leads to another to replace it. and by taking away a symbol you are taking away the 1st ammendment.

This is the reason I made this thread, to point out the hypocricy. I wish I had the time to point out every racist thing said by MSM at certain points throughout the last 20 years, but I don't, but now they want to make everything tolerable, like public school food which is barely that. It is a downslide if people give into this injustice, that be my warning.

Websites will start to be shut down do to their nature, anything offensive could be shut down based of one judgement. Think about one person killing a few people because he belives it doesn't matter because he lives in the "Matrix." Any website proposing alternate realitys, simulated universeres, etc, could be shut down as propogating this terroristic act. It's only in due time, If this kind of propaganda keeps running rampant.

So when will State flags be burned? Federal laws trump state in the end and it will be enforced when the time is right. Only Stars and stripes everywhere. But not the Confederate. Think about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
Great thread, very thought provoking. Given the facts as outlined, now we should stop dealing with american currency that details slave owners until it is banned like your confederate flag.

Portraits of former presidential slave owners should be taken down along with the flag. Famous americans whether inventors, politicians or people of prominence who dealt with slavery should be stricken from the history books. Yeah, lets go on a witch hunt...again...

After the clean up there'll be no 'dark' history for american folks. Same here in Aussie.

Well put together iDope. I like your style and after reading there are still those that really don't get it.

Kind regards,

Bally

I really don't want to go on the "witch hunt" because it's hard to find the appropiate candidates (recognizeable) who truly deserve to belong on the currency IMHO. A dark history is needed in order to remind people of where they came from and why they should progress, not regress, not ban history. There will always be people that regress to the past in order to make sense of the now, or what the future can behold; see Crusades.

All these presidents are just symbols to us, noone knows anyone that has ever met them or what they were really like (besides the words they wrote themselves); their stories are just told like myths. Who knows what is true and what is history and what has been fabricated anymore. There is such an abundance that we are all victims to fallacy at anypoint, especially to those that here or read a sentece from MSM and just take it as truth.

But yes, I personally will write to my State governor and treasury department and ask for Presidents to be removed for owning slaves since it is racist and appalling in today's standard of toleration. It is racist to use them as long as the Confederate flag is racist. I will dispute that all monetary pieces of currency are racist and glare the eyes of slavery upon the users, as if we are enndentured slaves upon their presence. How could they not change the currency? Especially if they ban a supposed racist flag, the flag being the symbol of the South that lost the Civil war, the flag that was more about State freedom rather than slavery.

I am from the North/West or I guess colony yet to exist by the way, when the Civil War happened, so I really don't care about either or, I was handed the cards to be dealt and see jokers manifesting in this hand of Old Maid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join