It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're all being manipulated.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Insert Heath Ledger as "The Joker" clapping clip here.

Really, this just dawned on you; that we're being manipulated by the press? Shhhh, don't tell anyone else.

If you come to a conspiracy site, you should already trust no one.

There is no revelation here.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This whole thing is a cover for the TPP.

Keep looking at those shiny objects!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2

Insert Heath Ledger as "The Joker" clapping clip here.

Really, this just dawned on you; that we're being manipulated by the press? Shhhh, don't tell anyone else.

If you come to a conspiracy site, you should already trust no one.

There is no revelation here.

Oh, I'm well aware that we've been manipulated for a long time... but this racial-inspired violence thing is going full force for a change. It's like we're being shoved toward a precipice.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
throw away your tv and computer. they exist only because we watch...
a reply to: theMediator

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The folks who see the flag as a symbol of their heritage are going to be extremely upset about the push to have it banned... it will not end well, I assure you. Knowing how dearly some people view that flag, it certainly won't lead to less violence.

Bingo, we have the reason behind the recent icon bashing.

Lets piss of the rebels, flush em out and deal with them.

Then go back to blaming blacks for all the ills in America.

Media campaigns are deliberate and deceptive. When they are all on the same page about something, its a designed program from the get go.
edit on 26-6-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
TPTB in the media are also trying to encourage a race war and civilian protest and mistrust of the police by claiming that police are overwhelmingly targeting blacks in shootings.

In fact, numbers support the myth that police only go after blacks. Overwhelmingly, WHITE males are the biggest group of criminals most likely to get shot by police.

For every 3 whites that get shot (and ignored by the media), about 1 black / Hispanic gets shot by police.

Out of several hundred options every few months, only 1 or 2 get focused on by the media.

SOMEONE is making sure that the media outlets focus on the cases they want them to and completely ignore the hundreds of other cases that occur all the time.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Quit perpetuating the fantasy that the far right had anything to do with the confederate flag in SC. A democrat put the confederate flag on the statehouse and a republican brought it down.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Why don't they focus on the real causes of the problem like poverty, gang culture, drug-related violence, etc?

Because yellow journalism has resurfaced, and the politicians and "experts" gain a lot from playing into it.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

So white on black "terrorism" is the biggest threat facing blacks in America?

Surely you must be joking...

There was a time in this country when parts of most towns were considered unsafe for people of color. Now the exact opposite is true.

Do I ever worry that someone will attack me just because I'm white? Very rarely. I do, however, have to look over my shoulder quite often because someone might attack me for what's in my wallet and the fear is much greater in certain parts of town. That's not racism, that's a self preservation method based on facts.

If you honestly think that black people are going around in fear of whites, you're very far detached from the actual emotions of this issue and in your efforts to fight this ideological fight against racism, you've lost sight of the reality of crime and murder rates in this country.
edit on Thu Jun 25 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: replaced long quote with REPLY TO Quote Crash Course

You're 100% correct.

Black people do not fear going into a white neighborhood anymore. For a couple of reasons. #1 of course, is the fact that the incidents of White on Black crime are so low, they really have nothing to fear. #2, they do it all the time, and they do it with the specific purpose of proving a point, that they can.

Whereas, yes, I do get nervous in specific neighborhoods here in my home town. I lock my doors and keep an extra eye out. Why? Because I was "jumped" by 5 black kids while me and my ex wife were in my car sitting at a stop sign, two cars in front of me, and one behind. I saw them coming, but couldn't get away. This was over 20 years ago, and things have not gotten better. In fact, they're worse. We're racially divided like never before.

I, and many more (more than people realize I think) are getting fed up with the MSM ignoring real stats, but focusing on just the ones they know will dived us further. They, and the Government do not want us to be unified in our country. Because if that happened, we'd all see just how much we're being manipulated. Right now, they have one side believing everything they're spewing out.

edit on 27-6-2015 by poncho1982 because: typo

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

If you have to do a Google search then that plays right into their hands.

Then what happens? "The top trending search on google is..."

Don't google unless its absolutely necessary-trust me.

It's the easiest way to find local news stories from other areas that never made it to the mainstream national media.

Use a different search engine. DuckDuckGo, for example, doesn't track you as does Google. They have good results, too. Google keeps track of everything people do. There have even been reports of them installing software on computers that use Chrome that can turn on your mic. I avoid them like the plague, and specifically block their cookies, since they have a tendency as well to override general cookie blocking on browsers (seen that personally), and track even if you never go to a site of theirs.

S&F for the thread. Huge issue, and it gets far too little attention! I posted elsewhere online, and mentioned it, and someone responded who clearly had no idea the issue even existed. We need to get the word out more, all over the place. People talk about a possible civil war, and I say, it's already started, but only one side is fighting.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
TPTB Communist can have my Dixie flag when they pry it from my cold dead hand.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You do understand the basic theory of the new business:

Dog bites man = not news.

Man bites dog = news.

The usual, however horrendous, will never be covered at the same level as the unusual.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The FBI isn't a scientific and impartial source of social statistics, OP.

But here's another report from the FBI:

RACIST ORGANISATIONS HAVE INFILTRATED THE POLICE FOR YEARS

(that one you won't care much about, I presume)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echtelion

What does that article have to do with the topic?

What are you implying with the part in parentheses?

Is the CDC also reporting their murder numbers incorrectly?

Do you have anything at all to back up your claim that the FBI numbers aren't accurate or are you just posting a drive-by criticism with no factual basis?

Did you notice that the article you posted has used a report from 2006 as their only source? I also detect some serious bias on that website you've used as your source but you start your criticism by claiming that the FBI is not impartial?

You'll have to try harder than that to present a valid argument.
edit on 6/27/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm going to leave this here for interesting reading on an issue that it seems we can't discuss in America and an issue that many Americans seem to think is strictly a problem in our country only because of profiling. All the data is backed up with references so you can hate on the source all you want in an effort to detract from what's being presented.

Crime and Race
edit on 6/27/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WHYFIGHT
throw away your tv and computer. they exist only because we watch...
a reply to: theMediator

Did you type that on a computer?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: anarkyangel
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I'm sorry you think all people from one state are the same. Maybe YOU should get out more, maybe visit Texas for yourself.

You know, so you'll stop generalizing, and assuming.
edit on Sun Jun 28 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echtelion

What does that article have to do with the topic?

What are you implying with the part in parentheses?

Is the CDC also reporting their murder numbers incorrectly?

Do you have anything at all to back up your claim that the FBI numbers aren't accurate or are you just posting a drive-by criticism with no factual basis?

Did you notice that the article you posted has used a report from 2006 as their only source? I also detect some serious bias on that website you've used as your source but you start your criticism by claiming that the FBI is not impartial?

You'll have to try harder than that to present a valid argument.

Other than the same old "appeal to authority" logic fallacy, do YOU have anything to back up the FBI's diagrams. You're asking me for anything to back up my questionning of the validity of their data?

The FBI is NOT some scientific organization specialized in social survey, they are a federal police organization. Given their heavy history of racism (beginning with Hoover), they aren't impartial neither.

I do also detect serious *racist* bias in the thread you've started, and the source itself, especially in the light of current events.

As for your link, criminal convictions are the product of the police and the courts, they are not objective indicators from non-partial sources with no political (or racial) bias. Criminal activity is the structural result of conditons of poverty and segregation into ethnically-centered neighborhoods.

Yes, perhaps "they" should focus on real causes like poverty, but you are denying that structural racism and segregation is part of these real causes, and linked directly to this poverty and "gang culture" (whatever that means).

I ain't saying that "White" people in the US aren't to be found in miserable conditions of poverty... there's tons of people living in trailer trash America and under bridges. But go look for who's owning most of Baltimore, for an instance... rich, aristocratic White families. Go look at who's running the show in the music industry in L.A., or in Wall Street megabanks, or the National Security megacomplex in northern VIrginia and so on, you'll see that the dominant wealthy "White" castes have kept their status and power very tight.
edit on 28/6/15 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Echtelion

You're only proving my point.

We can't talk about the facts because to do so is considered "racist." You've claimed that the FBI and CDC are presenting biased numbers but you have absolutely nothing to back up that claim. The burden of proof is on you... I presented facts, you presented conjecture.

Why do people assume that wanting to talk about the facts surrounding poverty, a culture of violence and anti-authority (or that gang culture term that you're trying to insinuate is racist), and general societal decay makes someone racist?

Black commit a wildly disproportionate number of crimes in nearly all countries where they are a minority. People try to argue the point by saying that "cops are racist, the courts are racist, etc." but those accusations don't hold up under scrutiny.

A rational person who isn't afraid of being called a racist would ask "Why? Why are black people more prone to committing crime in general and violent crime especially? Why are there a large number of black on white rapes but practically zero white on black rapes? Why is this occurring in nearly every nation on earth, not just 'racist America'?"

This is one of the only topics that can't be discussed scientifically because people like you always want to throw out the racist label anytime someone dares ask questions.

I see that the staff had to remove a post above because someone apparently accused me of being a racist because I live in Texas. That's the typical response to this discussion... people do not respond rationally, they simply attack the character of the person asking the questions. Why can't we have the discussion?

Our politicians and media are pushing for a flag to be banned because of the "horrible racial problems in America." They want us to believe that white on black racism is the scourge of humanity. While TRUE racism is terrible, the term has been watered down to mean "You disagree with what a person said or did? They are a different race? Clearly you are a racist." It has been way worse since the 2008 elections when Obama supporters accused anyone who opposed them of being racist.

We're never going to mature as a nation and move past our issues if we can't talk about them.
edit on 6/28/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join