It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire at black North Carolina church is ruled arson

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time before....

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Investigators with the Charlotte Fire Department say a fire at a predominantly black church is a case of arson.

The church's congregation is predominantly black, and there are about 100 members. Investigators are not sure if the fire was racially motivated.
LINK

They don't know if it's racially motivated, but I wonder: what are the odds?

It seems suspect that A) it's in the south, B) it's a black church, C) it comes on the heels of the Charleston massacre and the flag debate/uproar, so I would say it probably IS racially motivated.

Hopefully these things won't continue to happen, and that the hate won't get out of control.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Damn i wonder how long before people blame this on obama.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I wonder what the over/under is on KKK involvement?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Just the beginning unfortunately. Imagine if it's only 0.001% of the population. You are in trouble.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Damn i wonder how long before people blame this on obama.

It's Obama's fault. If Obama had banned matches, the fire wouldn't have been started.

Seriously though, this is all going out of control. Flag banning, church burning, shootings... when's it ever going to end.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well thank god we got that flag removed...oh wait something happened after that?
We better ban fire now

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The people that see this "ban the flag" nonsense as a direct attack on their heritage WILL be causing some problems.

In case it isn't obvious, somebody wants this country to erupt into a race war and they're pulling out all the stops to make sure it happens.

First it was white-on-black police violence, then it was black riots, then the white-on-black mass shooting, now they're going after the flag to really get the racist whites in an uproar.

Meanwhile, all black-on-black or black-on-white violence is being ignored. There have been multiple black-on-white murders and violent crimes lately but they've been quickly dropped by local news stations and were never featured in the national media.

This situation will get out of control and fast.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This sucks. Why in the world burn down a church? But I feel there will be enough good people in Charlotte that will help the church members rebuild and to continue services in a temporary place until they have their building back. That is my prayer anyways.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: macenroe82
Well thank god we got that flag removed...oh wait something happened after that?
We better ban fire now

What an asinine post.

The flag should be removed from public spaces and government, it represents racism, nationalism, ignorance and hatred, regardless of what individuals think, that is how American society on the whole sees. A local government would now have to be run by imbeciles to keep that symbol - watching their tourism collapse around them.

Bigots and racists will act regardless. Removal of the flag is just a sensible thing to do.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Hate is already out of control. Look at how we treat our prisoners and the mentally ill and homeless, look at the police vs citizens dynamic

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Why couldn't it be someone in the church who decided to burn it down now so they could build a bigger, newer church with insurance money?
It could easily be blamed on racism due to current events and no one would think the wiser.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Fox News will call this fire "another attack on Christianity"

In 5...4...3...2...1...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

You dont think the flag is what it was intended to be when it was made?
Its a symbol of "Cross us out of your union"

It was not designed to represent hate, racism, or any other BS people associate it with today.

Here chew on this

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

The flag should be removed from public spaces and government, it represents racism, nationalism, ignorance and hatred, regardless of what individuals think, that is how American society on the whole sees. A local government would now have to be run by imbeciles to keep that symbol - watching their tourism collapse around them.

Bigots and racists will act regardless. Removal of the flag is just a sensible thing to do.

So, take down the flag so the states get tourism money, regardless of the fact that "bigots and racists will act regardless"...got it. Oh, and because American society on the whole has no idea what it represents to most people in the South. Ignorance, please continue being in control of our nation, as it's working so well.

Yes, macenroe82's post was the asinine one.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Hopefully these things won't continue to happen, and that the hate won't get out of control.

I don't think it will get out of control, but there may be more incidents.

We have the race baiting politicians and the media sensationalizing and exaggerating everything in large part to blame. They will never accept the blame.

The politicians will do it without regard to pander for votes and the media will do it because it increases ratings. Neither has the decency to think before they speak for their own twisted reasons.

We are to blame for voting for race baiters and tuning in to the media's garbage in part also.

Look how its exaggerated and pushed like a drug here. Any opportunity to bring race into a conversation or story is taken full advantage of and that's just sad.

In a perfect world, people with reasonable sensibilities would wait for the facts before they jump to conclusions and incite even more hate with half the story.

Racism has been visibly on the decline all throughout my almost 60 years on this planet and yet people pretend that is not true for whatever reason they have. Votes, viewers or attention. Common sense and decency have been thrown fully under the bus.

This may turn out to be race related and one thing for sure is those with bad intentions will milk it for all its worth to spread more of their own hate or use it for power, money or attention.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Are they telling you to turn in your own rebel flag?

No?

Strange, you almost sounded like someone was taking away your freedom of expression.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
Why couldn't it be someone in the church who decided to burn it down now so they could build a bigger, newer church with insurance money?
It could easily be blamed on racism due to current events and no one would think the wiser.

That was my first thought, as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I wish that I was there so I could organize an all white group of logical people to help re-build the church -or- find some white people to donate a church or something to put this type of racial hype down where it belongs.

Heck, I don't even agree with religion and I would help on this initiative just to stick it to the inflammatory elements trying (and succeeding in race baiting). We all know there are some people that are racist in society (all parts of the world, mind you). There are also people that believe in Unicorns as well as pixie dust. There are also people that are just plain stupid in every society so let's focus on the macro which is that the vast majority of people do not care about race in this country and the vast majority will suffer if we let the baiter's win.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
Fox News will call this fire "another attack on Christianity"

In 5...4...3...2...1...

Who cares about Fox News?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Are they telling you to turn in your own rebel flag?

No?

Strange, you almost sounded like someone was taking away your freedom of expression.

Ummm...nothing I said in that linked post of mine mentioned (a) personally owned flags (of which I don't own) or (b) freedom of expression.

All I said was that I'm tired of societal ignorance being the catalyst to make a change, and that citing tourism money as a valid reason to take down the flag does nothing for the problem of racism and bigotry, points implied and/or stated by Rocker2013, to whom my reply was directed.

So explain how you came to your conclusion, please.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join