It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Big Cat Sighting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: AnuTyr

I read once panthers are the guardians of the universe. Whenever I look for that reference I find nothing. Gaaaah.

Guardian of the Universe

Aker (also spelt Akar), in ancient Egyptian religion, was one of the earliest gods worshipped, and was the deification of the horizon. There are strong indications that Aker was worshipped before other known Egyptian gods of the earth, such as Geb.[citation needed] Aker itself means (one who) curves because it was perceived that the horizon bends all around us. The Pyramid texts make an assertive statement that the Akeru (= 'those of the horizon', from the plural of aker) will not seize the pharaoh, stressing the power of the Egyptian pharaoh over the surrounding non-Egyptian peoples.

As the horizon, Aker was also seen as symbolic of the borders between each day, and so was originally depicted as a narrow strip of land (i.e. a horizon), with heads on either side, facing away from one another, a symbol of borders. These heads were usually those of lions. Over time, the heads became full figures of lions (still facing away from each other), one representing the concept of yesterday (Sef in Egyptian), and the other the concept of tomorrow (Duau in Egyptian).[2]

Consequently, Aker often became referred to as Ruti, the Egyptian word meaning two lions. Between them would often appear the hieroglyph for horizon, which was the sun's disc placed between two mountains. Sometimes the lions were depicted as being covered with leopard-like spots, leading some to think it a depiction of the extinct Barbary lion, which, unlike African species, had a spotted coat.

Since the horizon was where night became day, Aker was said to guard the entrance and exit to the underworld, opening them for the sun to pass through during the night. As the guard, it was said that the dead had to request Aker to open the underworld's gates, so that they might enter. Also, as all who had died had to pass Aker, it was said that Aker annulled the causes of death, such as extracting the poison from any snakes that had bitten the deceased, or from any scorpions that had stung them.

As the Egyptians believed that the gates of the morning and evening were guarded by Aker, they sometimes placed twin statues of lions at the doors of their palaces and tombs. This was to guard the households and tombs from evil spirits and other malevolent beings. This practice was adopted by the Greeks and Romans, and is still unknowingly followed by some today. Unlike most of the other Egyptian deities, the worship of Aker remained popular well into the Greco-Roman era. Aker had no temples of his own like the main gods in the Egyptian religion, since he was more connected to the primeval concepts of the very old earth powers.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

And why didn't you take a photograph? Just kidding. It was too far away, moving too fast or you were so dumbfounded you didn't think camera. My brother in law is a professional photographer who had one cross his path. I cheekily asked, "As a professional photographer what were your chances of getting a decent shot?" Answer, "Zero".

The documentary film maker I mentioned saw one from his motorhome window at four feet range. That's how he got interested. He didn't even think camera till it was gone. That's what almost always happens.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Have you had sightings of any other unusual things?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

No, nothing inexplicable or strange.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

No pic because I was driving ... unfortunately. The weirdest part about it was, even though it was only 15 feet away, it never reacted to my presence in any way shape or form... just kept right on moving at the same pace, in the same direction.. never even looked my way. That part of it was quite unnerving.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Damm! just deleted the answer!

Yes we've been here before. You may be responsible for this. malaysiandigest.com...
metro.co.uk...
www.express.co.uk...
www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

This is common. Also there are reports of these cats being shot and not flinching. Weird.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Well when i saw the E.T it was kinda a playful experience in the Mounting horror.

15 Feet a way isn't that far at all. I live in British Columbia, Cougar capital of North America. And what i saw i didn't even realize was an Alien until it flew a saucer over a street light, Apeared again 5 minutes after the saucer vanished. Only this time, Shapeshifted from it's Big Cat form into a faceless lightskinned humanoid. Crawled away on all fours and then abducted a baby. And i was with my friend standing on his porch when we saw all that. I could go into detail. But i think those are the most important details.

It played some 1930s music from someones sound system blaring well everyone else was asleep in the surrounding area except for us. Made the music skip for 5 minutes then shut it off. So from personal experience, These types of entities like to put on a show. The more you pay attention to the show, the more bizare it gets. Because that's what they enjoy aparently. IS Horrorfying displays lol. Kinda like Tricksters sorta. Pretty sure there's plenty in folklore about that alone But That's where im leaving the oppinion of Aliens and big cats that roam around towns. Because I'v Only ever seen a cougar in a zoo lol. And what i saw was no damn cougar. IT looked like a panther tho, But of course. Panthers don't pilot saucers.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Looking for a different vid but found this.
This is the problem with the comfortable explanations for British black leopard type cats. Big black cats are found in many places.
edit on 25 6 2015 by Kester because: change wording

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Some of this isn't any diffrent than cattle mutilations.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

A friend was lunching with acquaintances on a yacht. Another yachtie was there, none of them knew each other. Friend started describing theory about cattle mutilations. Other yachtie became increasingly agitated then blurted out his story. He'd lost some cattle, went looking and found them mutilated in woodland. He'd sold his farm and bought the yacht to sail away and try to forget. Whoops.

When I investigated the cattle mutilation issue it looked like a human organised operation made to look inexplicable. But I have no experience of that.

These cats are a very strange thing. The first one I saw was when I asked a woman if I could give her some money I owed her husband. She looked stunned and said, "Didn't you hear? He died last week". I spluttered my apologies. Then she said, "What's that?" I turned around and saw a black leopard walking down the side of the hedge beside the house where her husband had been born 60+ years before.

edit on 25 6 2015 by Kester because: e

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Let me make it clear I thank you for the real effort you put in here.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Damm! just deleted the answer!

Yes we've been here before. You may be responsible for this. malaysiandigest.com...
metro.co.uk...
www.express.co.uk...
www.mirror.co.uk...

If it proves anything it proves the Mirror group run with the same stories in different newspapers on the same day, if, all those named above are part of the mirror group.?? maybe you're right, maybe they found my FOI request and it was a slow news day.

Thanks for digging this up...interesting to say the least.

EDIT..The Dates dont tally..My FOI says the incident happened in 2006, the media reports above say 2012....Hmmmm, the plot thickens.

My Guess is the Media have either made a mistake, regurgitated a old story or for legal reasons have deliberately changed the date as i heard it on the radio live a good few years (maybe 3) before i made the FOI in 2013
edit on 25-6-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Wonder if Willie ever saw a big cat?
New thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

[quote The tax office sent the two toughest tax collectors in the country to try and persuade him to pay his taxes. They both left in ambulances, he did three years in prison, then carried on his business without paying tax.

Lol, bully for him.

Tax collector meet kitty. Kitty… eat tax collector.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Much as I would love to believe there are ABCs stalking the British countryside, the absence of two key pieces of evidence seems to suggest otherwise: roadkill and video footage. I know that these are elusive beasts, and the shock of what people are seeing / fleeting moments the animal is in view make it difficult, but given the total ubiquity of mobile phones these days, shouldn't we by now have footage that would settle the argument conclusively?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
In New York City (and other major cities), coy wolves have moved in. (Wolf/coyote hybrids.) They have been seen in Central Park. They suspect they have traveled using the railways from upstate woodlands.

I saw a documentary about a lion (or big cat) in India, and how it traveled far out its territory. In that case also, it used the railways.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: lacrimoniousfinale

A man who lives near here hit one in his car. The car was written off and the cat as seen by the following driver running off though obviously injured. He reported hitting a large black animal at the local police station. When he described the exact location of the incident the policeman just said, "Probably a black leopard. We get lots of reports of them crossing the road just there".

A farmer in the Forest of Dean hit one in his four wheel drive. It went down into the ditch. He called police who witnessed it leaving the scene.

Of course many people will choose to disbelieve based on no experience. I find that an odd reaction but obviously suited to some people. The photographer brother in law I mentioned earlier always thought it was nonsense until one crossed the road in front of him. A retired policeman near here also thought it was nonsense until he saw one in his garden. It is odd to use perceived absence of evidence as evidence of absence.

Denial is strong in many. Two couples I know had a clear sighting. The scale was obvious from the fence next to it. Within ten minute the two men had convinced themselves they were mistaken while the two women continued to agree on what they had all agreed on during the sighting.

One close up photograph was taken by a man walking through the Forest of Dean early in the morning, camera at the ready, but not expecting what happened. A black leopard leapt up and snarled at him. He got one blurred shot showing the fangs. When I showed that picture to a Forest resident the response was, "He could have taken that in a zoo." Denial is a non-scientific response. While disbelief is quite understandable, putting effort into denial as many do seems to be a coping mechanism.

The second sighting I had was the clearest. Close range in bright sunlight. I looked across at the driver of the car I was a in and thought, "I've only known this guy ten minutes. I'm not saying anything to disturb him."

Here's a typical piece of useless video evidence at 1:47
In the comments you'll find this from Paul Patterson. "I would go a step further: if a breeding population of these animals existed, hard evidence would be abundant and commonplace. Its absence shows that there is no such population. With the possible exception of the very occasional fugitive, the beasts reported by so many sober, upright, reputable people are imaginary. Said George Monibot. The Never-Spotted Leopard,May 22, 2013. No "big cats" in the UK, and No evidence whatsoever to show or prove it let alone show that they are breeding." Paul puts massive effort into these comments. You'll find him under numerous news articles. A quick count shows twenty of his comments under this video alone. It is suspected he's a defender of the cats who sees the best tactic being aiding the denial and therefore helping them avoid persecution. This is a very complex subject.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

The cats often use the railways here. A bobcat was seen by a reliable witness beside the railway locally.

I asked a retired train driver if he'd ever seen a big cat. "Yes!" he answered quickly. "But I never told the other train drivers. If someone wants to make trouble for you all they have to do is say is you imagined something. Train drivers get sacked for imaging things."

One crossed the road 28 yards in front of me and my boss. We were stationary and I paced the distance afterwards. He told his elderly father who had worked on the railway in the 60's, walking home along the tracks at night. His father said, "I've seen plenty. Some close enough to touch." My boss said although it sounded incredible he knew his father wasn't the sort who'd say something that wasn't true.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join