It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are You, Really?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'm a lawyer, a novelist, an adventure and explorer.

I've raced cars through the mountains, bungeed from several hundred feet, slept in the jungle for weeks, authored multiple books, and climbed to over 16,000'. But almost no one except my close friends in real life knows any of that.

Everyone has about them a hidden side, and has accomplished things that rarely come up in ordinary conversation. And it's these things--these unspoken elements to the psyche--that truly give an individual unique character.

So share with us some of those things about yourself. What defines you as a person?

Who are you, really?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Cool idea for thread .

But I'm more inclined not to name the things I've done good or bad. I would like to sum up my life's opinion of myself and I will do so with a song .

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I guess I could be defined the same way if I was a millionaire too but since I'm not, I can't define myself with amazing things I DO but with how amazing I AM but I doubt it sounds interesting.

What I do : I work all the time, hardly manage to pay bills, never have vacations, no cars, no house.

What I am : An unknown rockstar with too many other talents but with not enough time and no money.

Is that who I really am? I wish it wasn't.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I've done some extreme activism. For example going ahead of a prominent military march carrying a sign bearing the web address for Intelligence Officers For 9/11 Truth. The next day someone tried to kill me using a very advanced deniable weapon. "Most likely a foreign intelligence agency" I was told.

Bungeeing from a racing car on a mountain in the jungle would be too boring for me. I prefer thrills with a purpose.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I've been 'homeless', dove in dumpsters, slept under bridges, saw civil society from the outside.

I've been stood on by a bear, swarmed by yellow jackets, end over end a race car twice and rolled it five times, and walked away. I've sailed with eagles, seen an oofo and ghosts , and smoked tobacco for thirty five years straight.

Don't own a home, a car, pay tax or rent.

I am free.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
These are all awesome, keep 'em coming. We've got a wealth of experiences hidden on this site and I wanna hear about them all.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I've been stood on by a bear.

I am free.

Could you talk more about this? I'd like to know how you got in that situation--and especially how you got away!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Who I am or what I am is not complete, and what I do and have done up until now does not define me, things that I have experienced or experiences I will have, are only obstacles to overcome for the real me to wade through.

I am currently residing in a human construct. I am a work in progress. I have lived in 20 different cities. I have been married 3 times. I have one kid. I have almost died 9 times. I have had two out of body experiences that I remember. I have been rich and I have been poor. I have saved the lives of many. I love animals, but really love cats. I have contemplated suicide. I have been to the mountains. I have been to the oceans. I have been to the lakes. I have fished. I have swam. I have been in a boat. I have been on a plane. I have been on a train. I have been in an air balloon. I have been on a hydro-foil. I have been to the fair, the carnival, the zoo and I have been to the movies. I have been a hair model. I have been a dancer. I have been abused. I have been to the psychiatrist. I have been drunk, high and paranoid from many different forms of drugs and liquids. I have been in car crashes. I have been in the hospital a 100 times.

Still none of this is the real me, the real me is not for anyone else to see except my higher power.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Amazing response.

Can you tell us about some of the times you almost died? Did you have any near-death experiences?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

Amazing response.

Can you tell us about some of the times you almost died? Did you have any near-death experiences?

Would require a book and yes.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

originally posted by: intrptr

I've been stood on by a bear.

I am free.

Could you talk more about this? I'd like to know how you got in that situation--and especially how you got away!

Sixth grade field trip camping overnight in Yosemite Valley, Tualame meadows.

Back then it was a much wilder place.

We were supposed to keep our food hanging from tree limbs in sacks but one student got the munchies and left a partial eaten pop tart on a stump next to where I lay in my sleeping bag.

I awoke to munching sounds and felt a brushing on my belly. I tried to move but was pinned all four corners, unable to budge. I started to struggle but froze when this awesome growl rumbled my eardrums. I realized this bear had picked its way through all the sleeping bags spread around in the open and stood over me to eat that pop tart.

I remained frozen until it was done and moved off of me, praying the whole time, pleased don't eat me or step on me.

When I was sure it had moved away from me (I felt the fur on its belly move off mine), I stood up and shone my flashlight at its butt walking away. I waited until it had left the group of sleeping students and shouted, "Bearrrr!!!" at the top of my lungs. Everyone jumped up and pointed their lights at it's butt walking away in the distance.

They were like, what are you waking everyone up for ? I told them, you aren' gonna believe what just happened so I wanted you to see it.

edit on 25-6-2015 by intrptr because: spelling, change

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You keep using the word us even in the last thread you started plus you seem to want to know too much about members on ats are you some kind of fed agent?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Paranoid much?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

No just curious what their true intentions are.

Why not give everyone you real information unless your paranoid?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

True intentions: making an internet thread that will give us amusing/exciting/entertaining stories to read.

I use this account with my SO, and we have fun writing posts together.

Hope you have a good day!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Who I am or what I am is not complete, and what I do and have done up until now does not define me, things that I have experienced or experiences I will have, are only obstacles to overcome for the real me to wade through.

I am currently residing in a human construct. I am a work in progress. I have lived in 20 different cities. I have been married 3 times. I have one kid. I have almost died 9 times. I have had two out of body experiences that I remember. I have been rich and I have been poor. I have saved the lives of many. I love animals, but really love cats. I have contemplated suicide. I have been to the mountains. I have been to the oceans. I have been to the lakes. I have fished. I have swam. I have been in a boat. I have been on a plane. I have been on a train. I have been in an air balloon. I have been on a hydro-foil. I have been to the fair, the carnival, the zoo and I have been to the movies. I have been a hair model. I have been a dancer. I have been abused. I have been to the psychiatrist. I have been drunk, high and paranoid from many different forms of drugs and liquids. I have been in car crashes. I have been in the hospital a 100 times.

Still none of this is the real me, the real me is not for anyone else to see except my higher power.

Unlike you I replied in kind rather than making a smartass attack on the OP.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I've thought about this a long time.. so far I've lived 23 years.. when i guess statistically i shouldn't be alive now... so i guess a survivor...

i survived 18 years of parental abuse (physically and mentally) after i was forced to leave i was homeless for almost 2 years where more abuse continued,.. i've gone through broken bones, concussions, witnessed death and been left for dead... and here i am

i'm pretty open about myself, i am Gay, Genderfluid and a Drag Queen.. i'm a Rainbow Flag waving activist.. a fighter for love and equality

reading some of these stories, i don't even know if i feel worthy

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

originally posted by: thesaneone

Unlike you I replied in kind rather than making a smartass attack on the OP.

Okay.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

What defines you as a person?

Who are you, really?

This and what you said you do and are just made me think of this

Who am I really?

I am.

Not everything but many things.

Just like everyone else,

We are all the same or similar things at one time or another in our lives.

Other than being Male and female unless surgery is involved.

We all are stupid at one time or another,

We all are smart,

We all are cowardly

We are brave.

we are diverse beings that change from one or many things to another depending on our surroundings.

We are life.

I am all of the things listed above or have been and will be many more.

I am ......not saying Im God, simply that I am many things like all the others around me.

I am change.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

You sound ridiculously worthy to us!

Glad you shared, and much more glad you're still alive!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join