It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck happened to America?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Why is it that every time I read a news article, it is full of people FEARING this or AFRAID of that. WTF America? Why does everyone so damn bent out of shape over every little thing. A random white southern guy kills a few people who are black and that's an excuse to remove all southern history? Excuse me but the USA is no saint either. Remove the fraking usa flag too and all it's monuments for slaughtering all of those native americans...

TSA-created for SECURITY against that terrifying terrorist who might board your plane to blow you up. Oh the fear! In reality you have greater chances of being struck by lightning or shot by some street thug trying to rob you.

If it's your time to die, there is nothing going to stop it. Government trying to tell it's citizens what to eat, how to sleep. When it's safe to go outside. Not to let your kids go outside out of your sight. You can't have a gun because you might kill yourself or someone else or use it to commit a crime.

There is a man walking near a school in a storm trooper outfit carrying a fake gun. Im so scared! THE FEAR. Better call the cops! This guy looks evil!

America the land of the spineless.

Enough with the FEAR. Enough with government trying to tell me how to live my life. Stop being offended, don't like it? Don't look at it....

American citizens need to GROW A PAIR and take your country back to where it needs to be.

You sit back and do nothing and pretty soon you will see your country become the evil it was sworn to defend against.

/end rant

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
your country is young, and you have the knee-jerk reaction that is typical of a teenager.
I am not being offensive or dismissive, but that's how things work, just like teenagers, the majority of america does not understand nuance or middle ground.
Some people do of course, but not enough to make a difference.
Things will of course change as the country "grows up", but don't expect that to happen tomorrow.
You will sit through many more reactions like this one

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

I see lots of words as I do with many threads like this but what are you actually doing about it? apart from words?.

(post by hutch622 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

agree to disagree. Couldn't careless. Moving on.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If I had the money. I would be spending all of it to fight the stupidity. Since I don't have the time or financial resources, looks like I won't be doing anything about it except complaining.

If there was such a person to stand beside who had such ideals and an ammunition of funds to do so I would gladly take part.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

How are you going to use money to fight stupidity? just asking btw.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Raise awareness. Almost loosely based on that horrid tea party movement. Basically people need to stop asking the government to take actions for everyone else's problems. Stop telling people what not to eat for one. Stop trying to fine people who don't have medical insurance. Campain to tell americans to raise awareness of what every persons rights are. Put an end to political correctness. End the media fear mongering campaign. Create a way to reward media outlets to create positive spin on news stories. ETC.

I could go on but it's a start

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Excuse me? Do you even understand the TEA Party? We wanted the government to GET OUT of our business not get into everyone else's. It seems everyone else in the world is not the only one reading and buying into the fear and Kool-Aid here.

I know what the TEA Party wanted because I'm there with it. I'm libertarian/conservative and so are most of the other people associated with it.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Remove ALL of southern history? The Confederate flag is your entire history? Wow! That's some pretty weak history. Oh WAIT! That was hyperbole. Being Southern is more than just a stupid flag.

Besides, blame the media. The media is always telling you to fear this or be afraid of that. Look at Fox News. That's their entire gameplan with their ALERTS every other week about some over-exaggerated non-threat.

ETA: sorry I hit reply too early.
edit on 25-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not exactly. There have been commentaries on CNN about removing the Jefferson Memorial. McConnell wants Jeff Davis removed from the Kentucky Statehouse grounds. And there is a New York Times piece about banning Gone With the Wind. This is hardly JUST about banning the battle flag.

IMO, they know they won't get any gun action out of this, so they found something they can ban and they have the bit between their teeth and are running with it because they have everyone cowed with PC.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Blame the media. Blame our so called "leader". Ever notice anything like the # storms we've had with other presidents? This guy loves to stir the #. It seems to be all he does. He should go down in history as the great divider. Seems to be all he's done.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I expected this thread to be about the great prosperous nation the USA once was and how it became one of the most unstable and poorest nations in the world.

About how the citizens were once upon a time critical towards their government and brought them to a full stop when this same government was about to do things that was not the wishes of its citizens.

About how the government was not longer representing the people but became to work for the already wealthy and powerful and became an instrument to make them more money.

But then I realised this thread is about just that... It is about the US citizens losing their cohones and became docile in such a way that they do not care anymore... not able to judge what is being fed... lies or truth.. and do something about it when taken for a ride.

I think the people of the US should blame themselves when the dollar collaps one morning and riots start, the country turned into a policestate, everybody lost his lifesavings, no food in the supermarket and everybody has lost his civil rights.

Well.. there is always hope and will this be the moment everybody wakes up and start to work towards a future in which something like this will never happen again. That is what the american citizens are good at... working together for a better future and become the respected, strong and prosperous nation it once was.

/end rant

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Holy Crap, I couldn't believe it and had to check, "they" really are talking about banning Gone With The Wind.

If movies are going to be banned, they better start with D. W. Griffith's Birth of a Nation. While they are at it, pleeze will somebody ban Shirley Temple's The Littlest Rebel and The Little Colonel.

But for god's sake please let us keep Mandingo.

Ok I'm just rambling and not being serious, but I find this entire situation almost laughable.

I do think the flag should be removed from the Capital, but then leave everything else alone, it's our history, good or bad. If good 'ole boys want to drive around with the rebel flag on their pick-ups...who cares. It makes is easier to spot bigots that way.

I think we need to ban all westerns that show Native Americans in a bad light, which would be the majority of them.

Am I proud to be an American, NO! but take a look around at the rest of the world. I'd say despite all the crap that comes raining down on us in the country, I'm not planning on moving.

edit on 25-6-2015 by Hidinout because: spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

Enough with the FEAR. Enough with government trying to tell me how to live my life. Stop being offended, don't like it? Don't look at it....

American citizens need to GROW A PAIR and take your country back to where it needs to be.

You sit back and do nothing and pretty soon you will see your country become the evil it was sworn to defend against.

/end rant

Pretty much...the question becomes which method to use to take our country back.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Remove ALL of southern history? The Confederate flag is your entire history? Wow! That's some pretty weak history. Oh WAIT! That was hyperbole. Being Southern is more than just a stupid flag.

Besides, blame the media. The media is always telling you to fear this or be afraid of that. Look at Fox News. That's their entire gameplan with their ALERTS every other week about some over-exaggerated non-threat.

ETA: sorry I hit reply too early.

Thanks for the laugh; I needed that and today is my birthday!
Your post reminded me of the old rallying cry!

"THE KING IS DEAD...LONG LIVE THE KING!"

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not exactly. There have been commentaries on CNN about removing the Jefferson Memorial. McConnell wants Jeff Davis removed from the Kentucky Statehouse grounds. And there is a New York Times piece about banning Gone With the Wind. This is hardly JUST about banning the battle flag.

IMO, they know they won't get any gun action out of this, so they found something they can ban and they have the bit between their teeth and are running with it because they have everyone cowed with PC.

You do realize that nothing will come of any of those demands right?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

/end rant

Pretty much...the question becomes which method to use to take our country back.

Which raises the question...who's country is it to take back?
A nation without borders more resembles a crowded train station filled with people moving through it on their way to different destinations.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Banks cause people to starve to death every day. Lets ban banks.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
To answer your threads question...
The U.S.A. and her citizens just got railroaded into oblivion.
This will probably be my last posting here,Mama is leaving the
building!
edit on 25-6-2015 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join