It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So White Privilege doesn't exist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Did you even once consider that maybe the cops treated him so delicately so there would be no reason to question the arrest and have him get off on a technicality?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lol

Do you know what's really going to make people mad in a couple years ? It'll be when Billyrap takes off .

edit on 24-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
So if you paste two different and unrelated events then that is your entire argument? Your narrative is faulty and your proof doesn't exist. I don't believe in white privilege. It is a construct of liberal learning institutions.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

They gave him Burger King? Burger King? Seems cruel and unusual.

(also gross, overly salty and utterly tasteless.)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

That's true, lol

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: GUITARPLAYER

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

Dude this is such a hate thread.

Shame on you.

I take it you haven't been around very long.

If you think this is a "Hate Thread" then you probably haven't read any threads about "Black Thugs" or Immigrant leeches

Or white bible thumper Christians.

Yes, them too, poor white Bible thumpers, who live in trailers, open season on them.

Contrary to one poster we don't have a lot of trailer areas in Kansas full of white folks that's why we call them tornado tents living in tornado alley.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I don't believe any of the story behind this including the Burger King crap. It was put out there to further enflame the # that's already going on around the country.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Apparently you never heard of the DC sniper. His treatment by the cops was very similar in how he was apprehended and treated. Is there a category for racist OP? Thats where this thread belongs.... a reply to: muse7

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

You had to pull out Big B...lol

Where's that "Pennys" song where he's talking about being broke...I know I have it in my iTunes somewhere...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Funny I should find this thread while on my way to pick up the check I get every month for being white.

I was just telling my white friend over expensive caviar how great it was to be white.

Keep it divisive. It helps.

He was telling me how it would be devastating if somebody actually talked about things rather than taking about talking about things. It would really hurt us white people if somebody stopped talking about a having a discussion about race and actually had a conversation about race.

So please, I beg you... let's talk about talking about race. Metatalking helps.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Burger king is white privilege now?

And what if it was FRIED CHICKEN INSTEAD?
WOULD THAT BE RACIST?!

:p

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Or maybe I just missed the part where he got to jump around in the balls and got a BK crown with his happy meal.
I think you're on to something here.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

The premises of this thread are shaky. An anecdotal story in Charleston contrasted against anecdotal stories in other states and EVEN other decades to prove that white privilege exists. I thought you had better research skills than this muse7?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. However, as to why he not treated the same way as a black man twice his age and size? For one, he wasn't resisting arrest. Secondly, they probably WANTED him to talk. He's more likely to tell the police everything they want to know (Are you part of a group? Are any more attacks planned? etc) if he thinks they have his best interests in mind. Please use common sense.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I will take your reply to make an announcement. I only received two replies from this entire thread. I counted five in the last two pages I don't understand why I'm receiving less than half of my replies .

I feel like I'm being discriminated against. So tell me the truth it's because I'm white ain't it ?????

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Burger king is white privilege now?

And what if it was FRIED CHICKEN INSTEAD?
WOULD THAT BE RACIST?!

:p

lol

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Shoot up a church full of African Americans and kill a African American senator while your at it which was most likely your true target and what happens to you. . . . The cops buy you a free lunch at Burger King! Now I get it I totally understand that, yep makes perfect sense to me. . . .

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
The cops buy you a free lunch at Burger King! Now I get it I totally understand that, yep makes perfect sense to me. . . .

This type of thing is central to a lot of interrogation and investigation techniques. They used similar strategies against O.J Simpson and others. A lot of interviews available on youtube use similar approaches such as providing tea and coffee and being incredibly friendly to the suspect.

Absolutely people can be treated differently based on the color of their skin, but unless America is mega unique this isn't entirely unusual. Bolded quote parts below of one approach.

Step 1 - Direct confrontation. Lead the suspect to understand that the evidence has led the police to the individual as a suspect. Offer the person an early opportunity to explain why the offense took place.
Step 2 - Try to shift the blame away from the suspect to some other person or set of circumstances that prompted the suspect to commit the crime. That is, develop themes containing reasons that will justify or excuse the crime. Themes may be developed or changed to find one to which the accused is most responsive.
Step 3 - Try to discourage the suspect from denying his or her guilt. Reid training video: "If you’ve let him talk and say the words ‘I didn’t do it’[...]the more difficult it is to get a confession."[citation needed]
Step 4 - At this point, the accused will often give a reason why he or she did not or could not commit the crime. Try to use this to move towards the confession.
Step 5 - Reinforce sincerity to ensure that the suspect is receptive.

Source

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Your link about the BK says nothing about where the funds for the food came from, whether the detention facility to which he was being taken had any food available, nor if that was the only place between his complaints about hunger and the police station.

Too many variables for you to jump to the "white privilege" conclusion--it could have been a decent cop buying a dude who will probably receive the death penalty a meal before being locked up. It in no way is an example of white privilege, proof that the LEOs condone his actions, or anything else that you might fabricate from such a poorly written source.

Your link about the judge is perplexing, but again, not an example of "white privilege." Maybe he made that comment because his sister was one of the first people to provide his identity to police after his picture was posted in the media, and felt bad that her wedding planned for not long after the shooting was now thrown in to turmoil, along with her Army-recruiter fiancé's job with all of the media surrounding this.

It absolutely does not compare to the loss that the families and friends of the victim are going through, but there could be a number of reasons as to why the judge said what he said. Assuming that Roof's family were blind-sided by this act of deranged violence, they are experiencing the loss of a family member as well, just in a different sense. But, as to why the judge felt it was his job or place to officially get those comments on record is beyond me.

The problem here is that you equate the actions of one or two cops buying a hungry guy some food and a judge commenting on something that may have a valid point to "white privilege." I get it, you want the ATS community to believe what you believe, but if you want a positive result for your efforts, at least give examples that make sense, otherwise, you're doing your argument much more harm than good.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke
[This type of thing is central to a lot of interrogation and investigation techniques. They used similar strategies against O.J Simpson and others. A lot of interviews available on youtube use similar approaches such as providing tea and coffee and being incredibly friendly to the suspect.

Yep...that thought escaped me in my initial response, but you're spot on. Plus, you don't want to play with someone's blood sugar...get them some food, and they're much more level-headed and able to think clearly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join