It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So White Privilege doesn't exist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
a reply to: whatmakesyouright

So police officers are damned if they do, damned if they don't. While a prisoner is in their custody, they are required to take care of that prisoner. I'm sure if we dug deep enough, we could find a black man who was fed a hamburger.

That's what the holding cell is for. When the prisoner is SECURE in custody, THAT is when you worry about feeding them. I'm sure Mr. Mass Murderer could have gone a few hours without his Whopper.

Actually reading about what happened would have clarified this for many people....it was brought to him. He did not get out, enjoy a whopper, fries, milkshake and 1/2 hour in the playland...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Im whiter than most Brits and I'm most often treated like a hunchback which makes me act like a hunchback then i get treated like a hunchback. Terrible vicious cycle.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

It's valid and legal that is until they do it to someone who screams racism or police brutality or torture.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Police kill more whites than blacks, but minority deaths generate more outrage
Analysis contradicts widespread views about racial targets

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

edit on 073030p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Exactly, they ran and got him something to eat that was close by. It wasn't like they went to the drive-thru with him in the car.

As I already stated, this is common practice -- someone just decided to make a big deal about it in this instance to ruffle feathers get people upset. This isn't anything to be upset over, there are much more serious things to waste your mind and emotions over.

link   
Am I missing saomething? Someone went and got him food, you have to feed a prisoner, even if they are a racist, mass-murdering scumbag.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's valid and legal that is until they do it to someone who screams racism or police brutality or torture.

Right, that's what I quoted.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Well, there are more whites than blacks -- so it stands to reason that more whites will be killed by police. I'd like to see how the percentages play out though. Percent of population vs. percent killed.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Am I missing saomething? Someone went and got him food, you have to feed a prisoner, even if they are a racist, mass-murdering scumbag.

No, you're not missing anything. People just want to waste their energy making a big deal out nothing. It happens all the time I've been told by someone in law enforcement.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The real insult is the Burger King.

"Privilege" would have been steak & lobster.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

You hit the nail on the head it's all about poverty .

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The real insult is the Burger King.

"Privilege" would have been steak & lobster.

Privilege in that context depends on whether or not they asked him how he wanted his burger.

"Have it your way"

Anyone know?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I get your point, but back to the town I grew up in. The "white trash" was actually treated on the same level of black people. The stereotype of "white trash" is definitely ingrained in the culture of the town.

A lot of it comes down to presentation. I'm in sales now, and I dress nicely. I do believe that, with the fact that I am a handsome white male, allows me to get a warning instead of a ticket. But back when I lived the "white trash" life, I never got away with just a warning.

I get your point, but I think it comes down to the area, and how you present yourself, and those who are making the decisions. By the way, the last officer to let me go with a warning was black.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
I don't think "white privilege" exists on such an individual and unique level, it exists as a much broader class structure - a white kid from suburbia with access to good schools and a middle class income will start life out on a higher rung of the ladder, so to speak, than a black kid from the ghetto.

As to the cops fetching a burger for a mass murderer, they should all be fired for such an insult to all the victims of the shooter.

That's kind of prejudiced isn't it? Not all white kids come from suburbia and not all black kids come from the ghetto. Stereotype much?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

White privilege most definitely exists, not sure this is going to be a convincing example though... honestly I don't think they will ever realize it.

At it's core it's a symptom of having a majority. Most people realize that money comes with privilege they just can't see that access to money and worse so, justice, has everything to do with being part of the majority. Here in America racial issues are so bad that even members of the minority with lots of money are subject to less privilege than less wealthy whites.
edit on 6/24/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

YOu know this is so sad, because poor whites get lost in the shuffle, on top of that people make fun of them.

and it is acceptable.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

Dude this is such a hate thread.

Shame on you.

I take it you haven't been around very long.

If you think this is a "Hate Thread" then you probably haven't read any threads about "Black Thugs" or Immigrant leeches

Or white bible thumper Christians.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: GUITARPLAYER

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

Dude this is such a hate thread.

Shame on you.

I take it you haven't been around very long.

If you think this is a "Hate Thread" then you probably haven't read any threads about "Black Thugs" or Immigrant leeches

Or white bible thumper Christians.

Yes, them too, poor white Bible thumpers, who live in trailers, open season on them.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

YOu know this is so sad, because poor whites get lost in the shuffle, on top of that people make fun of them.

and it is acceptable.

I agree 100%, but I will say generally their attitude is a little different . They can make fun of their selves and enjoy it ..............

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Livin' the Whiskey Tango!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join