It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So White Privilege doesn't exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Who cares if they did buy him a burger king anyway? is that supposed to be some sort of treat? they should be charged with torture crimes.

I mean it's not as if they bought him a Michelin star meal is it?
edit on 24-6-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

According to several news outlets, the mass racist murderer that massacred 9 innocent people in a Church Bible study group requested some Burger King after he was arrested. Surprisingly the officers did go to the local Burger King and bought him a meal.

They would've probably given him surf and turf in order to get a taped confession. That is a very familiar interrogation tactic from police officers. I like to think of it as a carrot and the stick scenario .
edit on 24-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Black privilege definitely exists currently.

Affirmative action, hand outs, all the special programs and events only for blacks, black heritage month etc.

White privilege existed at one point in time but those days are long gone.

It is now just an idea and a concept used to give the victimization class something to blame all their problems on instead of being accountable.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
m.snopes.com...

So police officers are damned if they do, damned if they don't. While a prisoner is in their custody, they are required to take care of that prisoner. I'm sure if we dug deep enough, we could find a black man who was fed a hamburger.

By the way, I'm white. On my way to jail one night, during my wild and young days, I asked a police officer to go through the White Castle drive thru. He did not comply, even though I told him I was hungry. Where was my white privilege?

I'm thinking these officers complied due to the high exposure that this case is going to bring. Can you imagine Dylann being set free on some stupid technicality?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't think "white privilege" exists on such an individual and unique level, it exists as a much broader class structure - a white kid from suburbia with access to good schools and a middle class income will start life out on a higher rung of the ladder, so to speak, than a black kid from the ghetto.

As to the cops fetching a burger for a mass murderer, they should all be fired for such an insult to all the victims of the shooter.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Exactly. Most likely the cops just made a career making arrest and decided to be nice.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: whatmakesyouright

So police officers are damned if they do, damned if they don't. While a prisoner is in their custody, they are required to take care of that prisoner. I'm sure if we dug deep enough, we could find a black man who was fed a hamburger.

That's what the holding cell is for. When the prisoner is SECURE in custody, THAT is when you worry about feeding them. I'm sure Mr. Mass Murderer could have gone a few hours without his Whopper.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sorry, there isn't any White or Black privilege for that matter.
There is Green Privilege however - it gets you the best lawyers and seems to work wonders at buying your way out of all sorts of trouble.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The only sandwich this monster deserves is a knuckle sandwich.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If the black community were not so insistent that "black lives matter" and would consider 'ALL lives matter" then perhaps more would know about the MANY whites that get beaten and killed by the cops, including the WHITE 16 year old kid here who opened his door and got blown away and all he had done was open the door for a knock, holding his wii controller in his single wide impoverished home... or the 18 year old here that got stopped for POSSIBLE underage drinking and tazed when he kept going, right off the side of an steep drop embankment- now alive, but paralyzed neck down for life.

No one can hear if they don't listen, no matter what color they are. No one can see with closed eyes.

THEN we could come together and FIX this crap.
edit on 24-6-2015 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This thread brought to you by White Guilt.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It's a rather simple equation for the elite "privileged" whites...

White privilege leads White guilt which eventually leads to measured reverse discrimination.

Where do YOU fit in this equation?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

What is white guilt? Is there something we should feel guilty about?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I hear plenty of times that "White Privilege" does not exist and it's just some buzz phrase invented by the left in order to further alienate the White voter.

According to several news outlets, the mass racist murderer that massacred 9 innocent people in a Church Bible study group requested some Burger King after he was arrested. Surprisingly the officers did go to the local Burger King and bought him a meal.

Charleston shooting suspect Dylann Storm Roof got a free meal from police on his way to jail. They went to Burger King.

After about 16 hours on the run, the admitted mass murderer complained to cops arresting him in Shelby, N.C., that he was hungry, so police got him food from the nearby fast food joint, according to an account of his arrest in The Charlotte Observer.

Source

In another weird instance, Charleston Judge James Gosnell asked for "forgiveness" for Roof's family.

"We have victims--nine of them. But we also have victims on the other side. We must find it in our heart at some point in time not only to help those that are victims but to also help his family as well."

Source

Have we had any judge beg for forgiveness for the Boston Bomber's family? How about those hijackers from 9/11?

This is how a black man gets treated when he is caught selling "untaxed cigarettes"

He begs for oxygen and the only things he gets is more officers piling up on him.

Meanwhile, we have racist mass murderers get treated to Burger King after killing 9 people.

Wow talk about privilege, a racist mass murderer gets treated to burger king while harmless citizens get shot and sometimes killed on a daily basis. These cops need to be fired period.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

So only white kids live in suburbia? And only black kids live in the ghetto?

Of course the statistics will say that fewer black kids live in the suburbs, but trust me, there are plenty of poor white people. And they have very few privileges.

This is what I hate about the term "white privilege". Many of us white people are as poor, if not poorer, than many black people. There are no handouts for being white. Nobody ever said, "Hey, you, come over here and take this car. It's all yours, just because you're white." I grew up in a poor neighborhood, with plenty of ghettos surrounding me. I grew up in the middle of crime. I was homeless at one point, I lived with crackheads just to have a roof over my head. Then I did something about it. I joined the military, and got away from the neighborhood. Guess what, they take on black people too. Not that I'm saying the military is the answer, but it is one way to get away from it all, and change your life around.

So screw your "white privilege". Unless someone wants to buy me something because I'm white. Anyone?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I have been told its fairly common for someone in custody to be given some fast food after they are arrested and being questioned. They basically get whatever they can find nearby to feed the person until they're in a cell. I was alarmed at first too, but was told it's fairly routine.
edit on 24-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
They bought him a sammich for being a mass murderer and to show him some kindness like he is thier idol or something. Do you think anyone else being taken to jail would have gotten a free yes a free meal at burger king?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Can you imagine the uproar if they had taken him into an urban, predominantly black neighborhood local diner gave him $10 and told him to go inside and get a burger to go?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It sure does exist around every corner when you are looking specifically for it..

It's worth pausing to note that starving a suspect is an established, and legally invalid, tactic for coaxing a false confession out of someone. Confessions have been ruled inadmissible when suspects like Harold Hall, who wrongly spent nearly two decades in prison for murder, were denied food during their interrogations. Moreover, Roof's first official interrogation was conducted by the FBI, and Shelby's small police force might have simply been minding its p's and q's while the feds were around.

Yahoo News talked to the authorities at length shortly after the arrest, and got a more complete picture of the process of taking Roof into custody, one that contradicts the idea that he was taken to Burger King. More accurately, "They bought him a hamburger," Strickland Maddox, a local pastor, told Yahoo News, suggesting that they sent out for it.

Link
The biggest racists are usually the ones looking for it everywhere...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: whatmakesyouright

Getting things for free isn't "white privilege".

Getting a warning instead of a ticket is white privilege.
Getting a better table at restaurant with better service is white privilege.
Not being harassed by a store clerk/owner is white privilege.
Not being as harshly sentenced for non-violent drug offences is white privilege.

I know a lot of "ghetto" white people that are still treated better than black people I know that have money. The stereotypes of the lying, stealing, violent black man permeate our culture and influence how African Americans are treated. The stereotype of the "white thug" isn't nearly as ingrained in American culture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join