It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As women keep washing up dead, Ohio town fears a serial killer is on the loose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Wow, I bet this is really unsettling for the residents of Chillicothe! If it is a serial killer, the killer seems to be preying upon prostitutes and addicts. I've always been interested in true crime investigations and thought some here might be interested in this.

In little over a year, at least six women have disappeared from the town of only 21,000. Four of their bodies have been found, almost all of them dumped in creeks or streams flowing away from the town.

The women have similar stories. Most of them were hooked on drugs, and many moonlighted as prostitutes to fund their addictions, police say. Some of them even knew one another.

The similarities between the victims and the crime scenes have Chillicothe terrified that a serial killer is on the loose. Local police, several county sheriffs’ offices and state investigators have banded together to solve the spiraling murder mystery.

Even FBI analysts are assisting with the investigation, busy compiling a profile of a possible serial killer.

WP article

A couple out for a Saturday evening walk through a nature preserve south of Chillicothe spotted something white at the edge of a drainage pipe running underneath the road. Sayre’s naked body had been wrapped in a bed sheet and hidden inside the culvert with a crown of duct tape around her strawberry blond hair.

“She’s wrapped up in a blanket and you can see her breasts, her stomach, duct tape, a white blanket,” the female passerby told a 911 dispatcher.

“We were hoping that she was still alive,” Jessica Sayre said. “You’re wishing and hoping and then all of a sudden you get a phone call saying that your loved one has been found, but not the way you wanted to find her.”

There is a suspect in at least one of the murders-

Sayre’s family put out missing-person fliers and held candlelight vigils but heard nothing. While they were waiting, another woman, Timberly Clayton, was found dead: shot in the head three times and left in a ditch near another creek. (Authorities named Jason A. McCrary, a 36-year-old convicted sex offender, as the prime suspect in the killing but have not yet charged him with the crime.)

Here's a link with more info on him.
Hufpo

Peace to the Chillicothians!
edit on 24-6-2015 by raedar because: edit to add suspect info

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Good thread. I hope they catch the bastard.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

I hope they catch the guy, (woman), it reminds me of 'Criminal Minds'.

Creepy. Good thread.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
they need to start running undercover stings with female officers.

thats def the work of a serial killer.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What if its two people ?

Stay safe folks.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: macpdm

Good question...

Judging by the features of the victims I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Since the bodies seem to be dumped without hiding them, it would be likely the other missing women are alive.
Potential kidnapping scenario here.

It also looks like there is more than one offender.

I'd be working along the lines of a gang at work here.

Maybe I'm way off.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I hope they get caught and locked up in heavy security, they're sick beyond belief to be preying on these victims of this sick world. They all look like women I've met, hard luck paths and deserved healing, freedom from this abuse lifestyle and happiness and joy. They are absolute saints compared to the apathetic creeps who support the world systems.

I hope the others are found and that these demons turn themselves immediately.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Well stated and so very true!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
When I look at their faces I think "man they were innocent little babies once ", breaks my heart,

Then I wonder what lead up to this , Drugs and a society who's lost its moral compass .

May god grant them paradise .

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Yikes! Since the killer is targeting people on the edge of society, I'm wondering how many are missing but haven't been reported as such and therefore are not in the initial count of six.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

My wife is watching this one with interest--she grew up there and still has a ton (well, possibly enough people to literally weigh a few tons all together) of family there. None that I know of are prostitutes or drug addicts, though, but still, it's scary enough, as it's not exactly a huge town.

Small tidbit of info: Chillicothe was the first (and third) capital city of Ohio...and home to the Mead paper plant.

new topics

top topics

join