It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should (Or is) sarcasm aganst Ts and Cs in certain forums?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

As I said I feel that "sarcasm" can often be a shield for actual abuse.

It saddens me when I see a newer member shot down mercilessly by people that may have belived the same things themselves at the biggining of there journey.

If I see some posting about something "out there" I feel inclined to try and show them that they may be misguided and help them on there journey but there seems to be a subculture of mocking the new guys and it somehow being cool.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hmmm. Just about every other post I've ever made here has contained sarcasm. Sarcasm can most assuredly be on topic. Why on earth and even how on earth could sarcasm ever be against the TAC?

ETA: I heart sarcasm. A life (or site) with no sarcasm would be b-o-r-i-n-g.
edit on 6/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It's all about the mood of the poster and his/her ability to put their world on hold when on here. I can go back and look at my posts on a day when I knew I was having a really crappy day, and I cringe at the way I dealt with some situations. Other days, I feel proud of how I dealt with things.

Since beating someone to a bloody pulp just isn't an option, sarcasm is the only tool left in the bag.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Hmmm. Just about every other post I've ever made here has contained sarcasm. Sarcasm can most assuredly be on topic. Why on earth and even how on earth could sarcasm ever be against the TAC?

ETA: I heart sarcasm. A life (or site) with no sarcasm would be b-o-r-i-n-g.

As I said I have no issue with sarcasm at all as long as it is used correctly.

I suppose the question is when you use sarcasm does it benifit the thread? Is it used in conjunction with a valid point with the intention of lightening the debate and remaining on topic or is it simply to stroke your own ego and does nothing for the conversation in hand.

I personally think the two are very different.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: nonspecific

It's all about the mood of the poster and his/her ability to put their world on hold when on here. I can go back and look at my posts on a day when I knew I was having a really crappy day, and I cringe at the way I dealt with some situations. Other days, I feel proud of how I dealt with things.

Since beating someone to a bloody pulp just isn't an option, sarcasm is the only tool left in the bag.

So you are in fact saying that sometimes you take out your own frustration on complete strangers simply to vent anger and then feel bad about it

At least your honest, I have been there myself on a few occasions but try to restrain myself due to the guilt I will invariably feel afterwards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join