It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE BIBLE (Video Short)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is an interesting video if you believe the bible is the word of God.
I won't be responding to negative trollish comments, this time.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

as your OP source is fundamentally dishonest - how are we supposed to make " positive " comments ??

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Just because one being can read the pattern and is allowed to know the future before it happens do not automatically mean it is a perfect source of information since the bible is a collection of information from different sources that have different levels of abilities. It is like saying all psychics are 100% spot on all the time since they write in the same book. Getting synchronicity to work at one time is not as easy as most non-psychic people think it is (people who haven't even begun to test their abilities).

I do say it is a good problem book to raise awareness if you read it with the want to learn how to seek higher leveled truth.

This is from my point of view the most important message in the bible that by itself shows a hidden information on how the divine behave with seekers who seek the highest form of awareness/understanding and symbiosis. Ask the exact right question at the right time and the divine will prove itself.

Matthew 7:7
""Keep asking, and it will be given to you. Keep searching, and you will find. Keep knocking, and the door will be opened for you."

Yeshua was a brilliant teacher on so many level of awareness.
edit on 24-6-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
"The bible is scientifically accurate"
Animals don't produce striped offspring as the result of mating in front of a branch with stripes painted on it, so no, it isn't.

"...contains reliable prophecy..."
Except, of course, for all of the ones that never happened, such as that Damascus will be destroyed and never again inhabited.

"...available to all mankind."
Except for places like North Korea, where many people have probably never even heard of the bible, or China, where it's illegal to possess them... Over 1 billion people in China have no access to bibles, so I'd say they're not exactly available everywhere. Not to mention the obvious lack of book stores in the middle of the jungle where tribal natives still live.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Scientifically accurate? I don't think so.
Joshua 10

12 Then Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel: “Sun, stand still over Gibeon; And Moon, in the Valley of Aijalon.” 13 So the sun stood still, And the moon stopped, Till the people had revenge Upon their enemies.

Relaiable prophecy? No.
Self-fulfilling prophecy? Yes. Like Jesus did in Luke 22 and Matthew 21. Ambiguous prophecy? Plenty of that too. Old testament prophecy written to look fulfilled in the new testament? Most likely.

Availability? See Trollz above.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

From an article about Archbishop of Canterbury's visit to Amity Printing in China, largest printer of Bibles in the World.

She Hongyu, the board member, asked: " There still some people could not believe our Bibles are produced in China. Why do you think that people have this view?" The Archbishop Justin Welby answered: "I think some people have a very fixed idea of the world. They don’t want to believe anything different. But what is absolutely clear is that huge numbers of Bibles quite sufficient for everything needed in China are being produced here and in fact being exported from here. That is very remarkable thing, and the evidence is all around us. I mean look over this enormous factory and you see the Bibles being produced in huge numbers. I don' t know why people refuse to believe the evidence, but the evidence is quite clear."
Amity Printing - China

Bible smuggling into China may be sort of a racket, it pretty much was when Soviet Union was designated Bible needy country.

Back in the 1970s I was working for some Christian literature printers who used to offer free Bibles. They quit that after they saw what became of them in Mexico. Boy requests free Bible with zipper. Boy drags free Bible with zipper behind bicycle. Boy sells mother's only old family Bible to tourist because money needed to buy food.
edit on 24-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

That printing plant in China is very interesting, they have printed over 135 million bibles.

Although it is impossible to obtain exact figures, there is little doubt that the Bible is the worlds best-selling and most widely distributed book. A survey by the Bible Society concluded that around 2.5 billion copies were printed between 1815 and 1975, but more recent estimates put the number at more than 5 billion.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
This is an interesting video if you believe the bible is the word of God.

If you don't believe the bible is the word of god, this video is amusing. I felt this video didn't do the subject justice, or use very much intellectual honesty. It was a broadbrushed, uncritical and undetailed look at science and prophecy, in the Bible. It was as you said, a short video. A clouded promo for god.

Add on top of the scientific inaccuracies and failed prophecies, its historical inaccuracies and in some places, geographic inaccuracies. Among other things.

Of course the video made sure to remind us all that "the Bible is the word of god and cannot lie", near the beginning. So when those inaccuracies are brought to light controversy ensues between many believers and non believers. For believers, the facts are always on god's side. So much science is rejected, attacked, ignored, misconstrued by intent, or misunderstood through ignorance.

All to keep their beliefs going strong. And they harden, often times. Thanks to other passages in the Bible that relay warnings about the unbelievers mind, or the world's hate for anything godly. Or the undercurrent of evil guided by the Devil's hands. Pushing agendas like evolution, or atheism.

Any critical and honest study of the Bible to test its scientific, prophetic, historical, etc. credibility will lead you to the truth. See what the Bible says for itself, in context. And compare it to other parts of the Bible that may contradict other passages. Or known facts. Look at as many sides of an argument that you can so you can learn what arguments make the most sense, and can hold their ground against the others.

Also, Biblical authorship is fascinating and plays an important part in all this.

edit on 6-24-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: typo/clarification

top topics

join