It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate Network: CNN Targets Jefferson Memorial In Confederate Flag Frenzy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
YUP. THIS is CNN...

No wonder nobody (but progressives) takes these buffoons seriously anymore...Hell, even MSNBC is beating them in Primetime...and THEY'RE currently in the ratings toilet.

This is what CNN does…

Whether it is smearing American veterans as too mentally unstable to be police officers or describing attempted mass-cop killers as “courageous and brave,” CNN is always floating Narrative trial balloons for profane ideas as a way to edge those ideas into the mainstream. Tuesday, CNN anchor Ashleigh Banfield conflated the Jefferson Memorial with the Rebel Flag within the context of removing the memorial.

These trial balloons don’t always take off as planned, but the goal is to see if they do:
www.youtube.com...

“Jefferson owned slaves….and there’s a monument to him in the capital of the United States, no one ever asks for that to come down – is it equal?”

Banfield’s co-host, serial-nitwit Don Lemon, said they were not equal but then immediately backed off of that, “There may come a day when we want to re-think Jefferson….when we get to that point, I’ll be happy to partake in that particular discussion.”

Monday, MSNBC beat CNN during primetime.

Left-wing CNN is not launching one anti-cop, anti-Christian, anti-American jihad after another over ratings. CNN isn’t fomenting riots and violence in America’s inner-cities for ratings. CNN isn’t making Pam Geller an even juicier target for Islamic beheaders for ratings.

CNN is on a frenzied political crusade to spread hate and division.

www.breitbart.com...

BTW...CNN take note:
Didn't George Washington have slaves? Maybe we should rename Washington D.C. 'Obamaville'.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
NobOdy takes cnn serious since for ever my dear friend.

Oh and usng breitbart to bash cnn is oh so very cute, both make the up the news on the fly.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

True...but, in fairness, Breitbart DID post the CNN broadcast video, allowing CNN to show it's own idiocy in it's own words.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I listened to the full news piece. Not just the "sound bite" that was intended to inflame the right. Nobody in the piece even remotely suggested the Jefferson Memorial should come down. I love how the far right takes hypothetical questions and circumstances and pumps them up with outrage, then circulates it amongst their like-minded peers so they can all look at it and nod in agreement of how outraged they are.

"HOW DARE CNN. THEY WANT TO TEAR DOWN THE JEFFERSON MEMORIAL."

No, a reporter asked a hypothetical question. Get hell over yourselves.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

edit on 113030p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The MSM uses subliminal techniques.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think Jefferson would be thrilled if his memorial came down.

On top of Congress.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Nobody in the piece even remotely suggested the Jefferson Memorial should come down. .

Ignore them if you wish...but the words are there...and they speak for themselves.

Tuesday, CNN anchor Ashleigh Banfield conflated the Jefferson Memorial with the Rebel Flag within the context of removing the memorial.

“Jefferson owned slaves….and there’s a monument to him in the capital of the United States, no one ever asks for that to come down – is it equal?”

Banfield’s co-host, serial-nitwit Don Lemon, said they were not equal but then immediately backed off of that, “There may come a day when we want to re-think Jefferson….when we get to that point, I’ll be happy to partake in that particular discussion.”

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well.

This is rather quickly turning into a whitewashing of history, isn't it?

Blackwash?

I don't know.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Nobody in the piece even remotely suggested the Jefferson Memorial should come down. .

Ignore them if you wish...but the words are there...and they speak for themselves.

Tuesday, CNN anchor Ashleigh Banfield conflated the Jefferson Memorial with the Rebel Flag within the context of removing the memorial.

www.breitbart.com...
I know what the words were. I listened to the entire piece. And I'm telling you this whole thing is much ado about nothing. It was a hypothetical question. Nothing more. Nobody at CNN is rallying for the Jefferson Memorial to be torn down. Nobody even suggested it. This is a dog whistle for the conservative community. "They're coming for our flags now, but the memorials are next!"

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think Jefferson would be thrilled if his memorial came down.

On top of Congress.
Now that's something I could get behind.

Preferably while they're in session.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The Irony

Sally Hemings

DNA Does Not Lie, and Neither Did Aunt Peachy

Proves everybody should just get along !!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Now this is hilarious!

I just watched the CNN piece and the newsman (black guy) even says that Jefferson is not equal to that of the flag. He asserted the exact opposite of what the OP claimed.

More lies from the propaganda machine.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I can't help but drawl similarities to the current BAN culture and ISIS. I guess if they decide to blow the face off of the Stone Mountain Georgia memorial we will see exactly where we are in this society .

So before Stone Mountain disappears from our society too. I will post a pic so that it is not forgotten .

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Yep, those awful liberals are coming after ALL of your precious monuments! They're already drafting demolition plans for the Washington Monument. They're going to take the remaining explosives to Mt. Rushmore and remove everyone but Lincoln, and then carve in NEW images of Dr. King, Obama, and Aunt Jemima.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

TheCNN HOST/ANCHOR initiated and perpetuated the entire comparison argument. It's their show...their network...their content.
How that represents some right-wing propaganda machine, is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

www.breitbart.com...
I know what the words were. I listened to the entire piece. And I'm telling you this whole thing is much ado about nothing. It was a hypothetical question. Nothing more. Nobody at CNN is rallying for the Jefferson Memorial to be torn down. Nobody even suggested it. This is a dog whistle for the conservative community. "They're coming for our flags now, but the memorials are next!"

I watched the entire piece also and I agree it was more about the Confederate flags that fly there. But myself I can see what's going on and I definitely see a growing trend towards whitewashing history .

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

They're going to take the remaining explosives to Mt. Rushmore and remove everyone but Lincoln, and then carve in NEW images of Dr. King, Obama, and Aunt Jemima.

I would prefer Aint Jemima, Racheal Dolezal.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Whitewashing History? How is that? Because some people think flying the Confederate flag is racist?

I'd like to see someone defend flying the Nazi flag of the Third Reich because it's "Historical".

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Being bit of a drama queen, are we? How ridiculous.

a reply to: IAMTAT

TheCNN HOST/ANCHOR initiated and perpetuated the entire comparison argument

The entire premise was predicated on a comment someone else had made on a different show/interview. Watch the video. They bring it up and subsequently squash the idea immediately.

How that represents some right-wing propaganda machine, is beyond me.

I was referring to your Breitbart article in the OP. BS and propaganda. They took what was said by CNN and twisted it around for the numbskulls that read this garbage and knee-jerk in to an outrage.

Heaven forbid you actually watch the segment.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join