It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with all the sudden attacks on the South?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Mugly

I spent 3 years living in a small town in northern Mississippi. I was also born in Charleston, SC, have friends of the family there and visit the town quite regularly. Is that enough experience with the south?

yeah but i wasnt talking about you.
im leaning with you in the debate.
your posts are on point.

im talking about the people that fly in with the omg omg theyre banning the flag...wal mart pulled the flag first amendment constitution revolution blah blah not all the south owned slaves.

im enjoying your posts

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tombaccei
Reply to Pfishy

The swastika of Nazi use was a Sanskrit symbol for good fortune or well being. In fact more people in the world today still see it as such. But in those countries devastated by the holocaust and Nazi tyranny, it is as a vile and threatening symbol, and as such it is banned and outlawed in most of the western world. Even where "legal" it's open display is despised as are those who desplay it. So, you see, it is the victims of such symbols who have the most salient view of their meanings. Why can't all of you in the south, recognize that, and as a token of respect and healing understand that. The healing will only really begin when KKK hoods and the "battle flag of the confederacy" are reviled by anyone seeking to really see an end to prejudice and intimidation of our black countrymen.

Thank you. That is also why I said German swastikas in my first posts comparing the two. The swastika is also found in native American culture.

You said exactly what I have been trying to get across.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
An apparent agenda against the South(Conservative ideals)-hopes to sway the upcoming election to remain one side of the same coin? Distraction from Clinton's Confederate association? ETC? Let's look at what is coming out now:

Originally there was a man who first recently touted about the flag being removed. As we see now it has caught on nationally. Who was that man(not sure I can share much about him here but search for it?)? Looks like he has an extensive criminal history(not to he's associated to all but he appears pretty shady). And since we're on a conspiracy leaning (oh, my!) site, perhaps he was paid off to do so.

Now we know the Federal government through Amazon, etc., has been told to remove the flags from being sold. Factories which make the flags are to stop selling them too(Gov instructed?) This is more than just about the flag, whether you see as racist or not or what have you, it's your government overreaching.
edit on 24-6-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2015 by dreamingawake because: spellcheck gone wrong

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
An apparent agenda against the South(Conservative ideals)-hopes to sway the upcoming election to remain one side of the same coin? Distraction from Clinton's Confederate association? ETC? Let's look at what is coming out now:

Originally there was a man who first recently touted about the flag being removed. As we see now it has caught on nationally. Who was that man(not sure I can share much about him here but search for it?)? Looks like he has an extensive criminal history(not to he's associated to all but he appears pretty shady). And since we're on a conspiracy leaning (oh, my!) site, perhaps he was paid off to do so.

Now we know the Federal government through Amazon, etc., has been told to remove the flag's from being told. Factories which make the flags are to stop selling them too(Gov instructed?) This is more than just about the flag, whether you see as racist or not or what have you, it's your government overreaching.

Yeah its a bit much for sure. But the flag debate has gone on for years. The last gubentorial race in sc had itnas an issue. It should habe happened maybe more organically but it should still happen none the less. The amazon thing or private bussiness is a little shady. But in a public government building or school i understand and frankly its embarasing it took this long.

Ps I live in south.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I have been to all of them and lived in most. Ok, do you say that Californians have a distinct cultural identity?
And the only reason why it bothered me, even as little as it did, is because Cajun culture is part of the south. Who were a persecuted and oppressed people that migrated here to escape that.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tombaccei

That's the problem right there. Saying 'all of you in the South'. Taking the views of an increasingly small minority in the region and assigning it to everyone. So, if racial stereotypes are so bad (which I agree they are), why is it OK for you to culturally stereotype people?
And I'm not clinging to the flag and lamenting the past. I'm merely discussing the problem you so very clearly illuminated by stereotyping me because of where I live. And kindly refrain from even vaguely associating me with the KKK. It would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
a reply to: Nyiah

I have been to all of them and lived in most. Ok, do you say that Californians have a distinct cultural identity?
And the only reason why it bothered me, even as little as it did, is because Cajun culture is part of the south. Who were a persecuted and oppressed people that migrated here to escape that.

Nova Scotia is freezing anyway and thank you for jazz. Will be forever greatful!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I wish I were responsible for it. As I'm not even vaguely musically inclined, however, I cannot accept the thanks.
Lol.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

I wish I were responsible for it. As I'm not even vaguely musically inclined, however, I cannot accept the thanks.
Lol.

Lol. I know it was a 100 years ago. Just wanted to point out the cajun/Acadians were responsible not just for zydeco but for not being afraid to educate black americans and through teaching black americans music they created one of the most sophisticated forms of music in the world. (i know bebop jazz came later but if the early dixieland, stride, etc never happened the more advanced forms wouldnt have either).

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Indeed.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join