It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange features on the Giza Plateau.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: fr33coll3ct1v3

originally posted by: admirethedistance
a reply to: fr33coll3ct1v3

Whatever is down where? Next time, try at least reading the OP before posting. Perhaps you won't look (as) foolish.

foolish is a degreelevel ....n i'm not intelligent am creative..you keep insulting while time passes by.

i like the idea that aliens created the allen belts so organic life could flourish here i wonder if they did it using tech inside or outside of the planet...

time will tell..soldier on.

You liking the idea doesn't make it valid. Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune also have Allen belts.
None of them have organic life...
So your hypothesis is dead before it starts

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

This is sort of where my mind is heading with this too... Trickery on part of the priesthood. I was imagining they are listening portals so that a person could speak to their deity within the temple, "in private", but be heard by the priests sitting in the listening chamber...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The features are part of a Funicular system which moved the stones.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Herodotus, the ancient Greek historian, is our best written account, as to how the Pyramids were built. These strange features are part of a water funicular system, which moved stones from the Nile, and additionally up onto the Pyramids. The channel helps guide the Funicular. Google water Funiculars, and you will begin to understand.

If the account was accurate, how could short pieces of timber be used in the building of the Pyramids. Additionally, timbers that could be easily moved and reassembled by a few men. He also said the stones were "drawn". This would imply, the stones were pulled, and not lifted. In Ancient times, the Greeks refereed to devises made of rope and timber, as machines. Likely, they considered anything which gave them a mechanical advantage, a machine.

"they raised the remaining stones with machines made of short pieces of timber"

"it was drawn to the second upon another machine" To pull or drag so as to make it follow behind. [www.google.com]

[www.cheops-pyramide.ch]

125. This pyramid was made after the manner of steps, which some call "rows" and others "bases": and when they had first made it thus, they raised the remaining stones with machines made of short pieces of timber, raising them first from the ground to the first stage of the steps, and when the stone got up to this it was placed upon another machine standing on the first stage, and so from this it was drawn to the second upon another machine; for as many as were the courses of the steps, so many machines there were also, or perhaps they transferred one and the same machine, made so as easily to be carried, to each stage successively, in order that they might take up the stones; for let it be told in both ways, according as it is reported. However that may be, the highest parts of it were finished first, and afterwords they proceeded to finish that which came next to them, and lastly they finished the parts of it near the ground and the lowest ranges. On the pyramid it is declared in Egyptian writing how much was spent on radishes and onions and leeks for the workmen, and if I rightly remember that which the interpreter said in reading to me this inscription, a sum of one thousand six hundred talents of silver was spent; and if this is so, how much besides is likely to have been expended upon the iron with which they worked, and upon bread and clothing for the workmen, seeing that they were building the works for the time which has been mentioned and were occupied for no small time besides, as I suppose, in the cutting and bringing of the stones and in working at the excavation under the ground?

Some basic Pyramid construction facts.

Up to 35 meters height:
The construction of the first 35 meters of the pyramid was the most labor-intensive, as that amounts to over 50% of the total volume.

A fun example using Sketchup. The pressure on the short ramp, would be directed down and to the back. This system is modular. A close look will reveal a ramp with stairs contained within. A dual purpose. Multiply them and they grow in capacity to raise larger stones. The next question is, how did they pull them up? Was it done by many men pulling on ropes, or was a Funicular system harnessed?

Noted peculiarities while designing:
1. Dimension's of average stone size, and angle, makes for a comfortable raise in the steps. The 7-11 rule.
2. Can be taken apart, moved and reassembled in a matter of minutes.
3. One step is actually the surface of the prior laid stone. Fits into the 7-11 rule,ie. the standard raise and depth of common stairs used throughout the world. 7 inches high with an 11" footing/depth. ​ If you would like, I can give you a schematic showing average stone size, incline angle, and how the 7-11 ​staircase rule fits into those dimensions. These images were created in Sketchup.

Steve

edit on 2-8-2016 by steveclayton because: A better discription, plus some pictures

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: steveclayton

Thank you for that rundown. Most appreciative. Bookmarked for future megalith structure debate.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

maybe these were channels used for incensing porposes in ceremonies..early egyptians sureley had a tendency for building heavy

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Herodotus' description is 2,000 years after the fact, and almost certainly describes the use of a Shaduf. Much later, (and much smaller) pyramids, the type being built nearer to Herodotus; time, could have been built employing Shadufs, but those types of tools would not be feasible for something on the scale of the Great Pyramid.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

Herodotus' description is 2,000 years after the fact, and almost certainly describes the use of a Shaduf. Much later, (and much smaller) pyramids, the type being built nearer to Herodotus; time, could have been built employing Shadufs, but those types of tools would not be feasible for something on the scale of the Great Pyramid.

Herodotus is clearly talking about the Great pyramid, he names the King.
blog.world-mysteries.com...
and the last Pyramid in Egypt was built around 1800BCE
and all the pyramids feature the same size blocks, so scale is a bit meaningless
He also describes the pyramid as stepped underneath the casing, which is how the machines were used to lift stones from one course to the next..

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join