It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Won't Pay Their Contribution To Their Queen!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well fancy that! Naughty, naughty Scotland - She won't be pleased. Go Scotland Go.

The press are having a ball with this by criticising Scotland so it shows where their unbiased printing of the news stands - they all want their honours and royal bribery invitations to the tiffs table so suck and suck and suck it up they will.

www.express.co.uk...

Good on the Scots, I would like the vote of whether we even need 4 generations of royalty to finance from our ever tightening public purse, IMHO they are well pat their sell-by date and defunct. If you compare what the French earn from their beautifully maintained and lavish royal palaces minus the nuts that would be lanquishing and sponging off the public there, they earn a fortune which is something we certainly don't. The argument they bring so much money into the country is debatable because unless there is some royal celebration, which costs the public purse a fortune to start with, most tourists never actually catch even a glimpse of queenie or one of her ever expanding family, unless they are plastered over the papers.

I am always curious as to what the Saxe-Coburn-Gotha's actually brought to the british isles wealth-wise when they arrived - when I tried to look, I couldn't find anything specific about it. I rather suspect most of their wealth today is courtesy of the British tax payers and if the Scots want out, I don't blame them.

Its only recently they 'decided' to actually pay taxes on their wealth and with the incomes they enjoy, surely in times of such austerity they should not be given money to live off of when the government does everything it can to demean ordinary people who have lost their jobs or cannot find work.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I'm Scottish and I agree.

They get enough money as it is. End of.

PAY FOR THE F#CKING UPGRADE YOURSELF!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
it would help if poster actually knew what the crown finances are - instead of just making crap up

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I thought this was about the Scottish parliament wanting to take the income from the Crown properties in Scotland into their own coffers, rather than that money going into Westminsters coffers?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

It is but any chance to diss the royals is good even if it is full of untruths.....apparently.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

That's what it is a chance to dis the royals.....

Did you notice Britain was undergoing austerity measures?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
it would help if poster actually knew what the crown finances are - instead of just making crap up

The crown estate is held in trust for the nation, it does not belong to the queen.

Please explain further what you mean please.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Yes and? Moan to the pm about it the queen doesn't have any power to change austerity measures.
Im in the majority in the uk I recognise what the royals do for my country and wish them to continue.
They will also for many more generations.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yes and? Moan to the pm about it the queen doesn't have any power to change austerity measures.
Im in the majority in the uk I recognise what the royals do for my country and wish them to continue.

Yeah I mean who else could we get to waive from balcony and shake dictators hands for 300 million plus a year.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I don't. Sooner Scotland becomes independent the better.

edit on 24-6-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I think you all had your chance.
Maybe we in the rest of the uk should vote whether we want you all in.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Did you notice Britain was undergoing austerity measures?

Damn the common currency, full queen ahead.

Or

One for all and all for Queenie.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I think you all had your chance.
Maybe we in the rest of the uk should vote whether we want you all in.

I'm ALL for that.

Write the pm and organize it.

Scotland would survive without the rest of the u.k

edit on 24-6-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Yeah I mean who else could we get to waive from balcony and shake dictators hands for 300 million plus a year.

£300m and rising.....

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well this descended into madness a lot quicker than usual.

so lets break down all of the above into something thats worth reading ok?

first background on me, i am scottish, my other half is english, i am so far from patriotic to either Scotland or the UK i actually cant measure it.. its cute people bicker over borders that were set with wars, or banks or industrialists... really it is...

Moving on...

FIrst the issue of finances, i believe the problem to be even though the money goes into a national kitty the national kitty is not spent equally, thats where one issue lies...

now before like above this turns into a Scottish english Pi$$ing match lets get a few actual facts straight... Scotland could survive on its own, even without the north sea oil, this was pretty much proven by independent financial reviews from non UK based banks (for some reason.. cant imagine why, the UK banks seemed to say otherwise)

after the referendum suddenly new oil fields were deemed as substantially more worth while by various investors and industry leaders who suggested at least this would ot be the case... how convenient.

now to counter this, although England would feel the hit from not having North sea oil coming in (and by England i mean london) they would survive without Scotland...

The only people who dont believe the Union members could survive without each other are those stupid enough to believe the Main stream media and government shills paid to make you all think that... get over it... London want the oil, London want the resources like Natural energy locations and London want the natural resources (even something as simple as water) all of these benefit LONDON this has nothing to do with England, the English people, Scotland or the Scotish people and how they would survive... they literally do not care about any of you!! /endrant

now back to the issue of the Royal Family, there is a clear argument for both situations Keeping and removing them, however, from my point of view believing that any person in any country is born better than anyone else is disgusting, as such the Royal right to be kept propped up in anyway by the state seems preposterous.

im sure as we all deny ignorance in here we can see that the British monarchy, from Prince Phillip friend of the Nazi's to prince Harry who clearly CLEARLY is not even royal blood, to Prince Charles who is a perma-prince being kept both himself, and at least two women in his life time, as well as all the cousins, the uncles, the random family members who get flats bought for them to study disappointing menial Degrees which is essentially coming again out the tax payers money is having a laugh at the expense of those going to food banks every day or not going to Uni in England because they cant afford the tuition fees!!

now i do not doubt the Royal Family generate tourists based income, and for that i have spoken to many people whom work with figures, friends and relatives we have determined it is almost impossible to truly quantify, for example, if you are including memorabilia and souvenirs related to the royal family, this is something which void can be filled with something else, if you are including people coming to the palace(s) you can certainly argue that opening to the public with a fee could in theory generate as much if not more money? if we are suggesting that the Royal family actively create business for the UK in some form or another, that benefit can only be counted once the offset of the ENTIRE royal family's drain on the Government.

I dont agree that the money from Scotland regarding the Palaces here and the money in England regarding the Palaces there should be kept separate, i think that is an incorrect way to operate, i do however believe that in 2015 we have reached a point where a figure head monarchy who have the luxuries of Palaces, Aircraft, Vehicles, servants, staff, purely because it is essentially in their eyes their god given right to do so, is absolutely disgusting...

to those who support the Monarchy, outwith what you feel they bring financially to the country, i would like to know why you feel they deserve such luxury are they in your opinion better than you?? i mean we cant claim its just been their good luck, that unfortunately is not a lottery we are all privileged to be part of, in fact, the reason they have power at all is someone in their blood line, killed the last personfamily that was in their way......

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: GonzoSinister

I have never thought they are better than anyone.
We sorted that with the magna carta.
To me it is about respect I respect my queen fkr her service to the nation.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I have never thought they are better than anyone.
We sorted that with the magna carta.
To me it is about respect I respect my queen fkr her service to the nation.

Can you summarize her service? like she has warranted your respect so i would imagine you can explain what she has done to deserve such respect?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Way to go killing a perfectly good thread by being sensible and balanced.
As it happens it looks like the whole story is tabloid press invention based on what is a hypothetical situation.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I don't know how to feel about this Family any more...

National treasures?
Economic must have?
Benefit scroungers?
Antiquated tax waste?
Guardian's of the Isle at the elite round table?

There is clearly a fair argument to be made for all of these.

So I guess it boils down to whether the pros outweigh the cons...

Maybe.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Way to go killing a perfectly good thread by being sensible and balanced.
As it happens it looks like the whole story is tabloid press invention based on what is a hypothetical situation.

Thanks
unfortunately is something i suffer from,

and to be honest i kind of suspected as much, it just seemed the chat within the thread was descending into chaos based on "my stolen land is better than your stolen land"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join