It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banning the US flag as well.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I fly a white flag . can't be banned .

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Not to nitpick, but it also gives you the right to not vote.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I refuse to have a say (vote), because the Bill of Rights "guarantees" my right to have a say. 

Got it.

Excellent. I was afraid that I might've had to explain myself in greater detail.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Does the NWO really mean more death and destruction than we already have (we're just a little insulated from it in the West)? For another thread perhaps, but it's something to think about. I don't think it's as cut-and-dry as we sometimes make it out to be.

I've come to realize there are too many people who are not... rather they are more consumed in their own lives to realize whats really happening. Not sure what the answer to that may be. But hey, i'll see ya'll in heaven, or the next dimension.... or next level of Mario.
edit on 2462015 by southernplayalistic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Flags are useless ego bubble wrap. A single species-oriented flag might have some merit in terms of inspiring people, but with flags being the current e-peen go-to on individual country levels, and further as region or state level e-peen waving, they're useless. Toilet paper has more usefulness & value.

If people could only get past symbolic idols as necessary tools for feeling validated in existence. But people won't be doing that any time soon, too materialistic & too hellbent on using goods to define themselves. Even when it's just woven cloth & dyes.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Not to nitpick, but it also gives you the right to not vote.

Non participation.

Got it.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Why you ask? Oh because all of the killing,genocide and un lawfullness under that flag. Liek killing off the American indians and stealing their land. Or more recently the Excursion into Iraq. Point is the US flag is a symbol of hatred and bigotry to many Native americans. It needs to go just like the confederate flag.

Diggity Damn right.
I'm offended when I see it.
The American Indian stuff alone is FN embarrassing. (NO...I don't have a drop off Engine blood in me.)
Oh crap...hope I didn't offend anyone by saying "Engine".

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: yuppa
I'm offended by that too.
I was pretty upset when they were gonna get that one pig from Charlotte's Web.

Hell, I still am.

Confederate soldiers used to eat bacon.

(Run with THAT one!)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Yeah its the only safe flag of the future. Unless they outlaw white flags claiming they're racist or some other hogwash to go along with the crap they're spoon feeding the masses already... Unreal i can't believe what a messed up illusional planet this is, can no one with a brain in power get it straight?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
You can still buy the N. Korean flag on Amazon

edit on 24-6-2015 by AmericanZombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
This flag banning is ridiculous, the English flag went the same way, the fact is this is our history and should be celebrated.

Why should we ban our flags because a minority don't like it? Who are they to dictate to us what we can and can't celebrate?

Meanwhile ISIS fly the black flag with ever greater fervour...

Let bygones be bygones, and stop trying to demonize flags and symbols that never stood for evil, and let's start going after the real thing.
edit on 24-6-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Rising Sun Flag on sale at Amazon. WTF

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
They better rewrite the national anthem too, all that ''land of the free and brave'', maybe ''land of the subjugated and blinkered'', ''nation of propaganda zombies''.

Or they could just have beige unflags, because flags are well you know symbols of something other no doubt offensive, and white noise for a national anthem, oh wait apparently ''white'' is offensive so maybe 'beige noise'', how about static?

A beige non flag and static, better rename it too because ''The United States of America'' is obviously offensive (states implies separateness) how about 'New Beige''.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

That I have no say? No, the Bill of Rights "guarantees" my right to say whatever I want. In fact my refusal to vote is my expression of distrust and disappointment in these fake ass politicians. Show me a candidate that isn't bought out and that's who I'll vote for.

I refuse to have a say (vote), because the Bill of Rights "guarantees" my right to have a say.

Got it.

It also guarantees his right to remain silent...

I'll visit a voting booth again when they put a box there for "None of the Above" or "No Confidence (I)". Until then, I can vote for both from the comfort of home, without having to go stand in line at the voting booths - "no vote" IS a vote... just maybe not the vote you were campaigning for.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

That's racist, man! What you got against black flags?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
They should cut to the chase, and ban everything.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I can't believe all the emotional hyperbole I'm seeing on this topic.

THE CONFEDERATE FLAG IS NOT BANNED! Anyone who desires can have the flag! Put it in your avatar, on your lawn, on YOUR car, on your shirt or on your place of business. There's no ban here.

What are you all talking about ???

I have my own issues with the US flag, and I agree that it represents some pretty messed up things, but the simple fact that the US government applies laws and protections equally to us all (except for LGBT people) means that the US flag belongs to and represents all of us.
edit on 6/24/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Yeah black flag was an awesome band.
Back to the op no flag should be banned but some should not fly on government property.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Why you ask? Oh because all of the killing,genocide and un lawfullness under that flag. Liek killing off the American indians and stealing their land. Or more recently the Excursion into Iraq. Point is the US flag is a symbol of hatred and bigotry to many Native americans. It needs to go just like the confederate flag.

I'd disagree it needs to go. Just the people who claim to be our leaders need to step-up, do their jobs and have some honesty and integrity in what they do. Period.

A new symbol, a flag in this case would quickly be decimated by the very same fools who are in power now.

Removing the flag would do nothing of good, except show weakness and dysfunction.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

It needs to go just like the confederate flag.

Weak sauce...

Rather than make an argument that nothing should be banned, you validate the current asinine mentality of the majority.

Well done.

You DO know i WASNT BEING SERIOUS RIGHT? Im just pointing out something about how stupid this whole situation is. Weaksauce huh? How about READ before you accuse me of something. This is a slippery slope were on now when they will burn a flag for no reason than to make themselves feel better.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join