It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banning the US flag as well.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Why you ask? Oh because all of the killing,genocide and un lawfullness under that flag. Liek killing off the American indians and stealing their land. Or more recently the Excursion into Iraq. Point is the US flag is a symbol of hatred and bigotry to many Native americans. It needs to go just like the confederate flag.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
funny I just said the same thing.

so, if I buy a confederate flag them i am a auto racist?

edit on 23-6-2015 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Why you ask? Oh because all of the killing,genocide and un lawfullness under that flag. Liek killing off the American indians and stealing their land. Or more recently the Excursion into Iraq. Point is the US flag is a symbol of hatred and bigotry to many Native americans. It needs to go just like the confederate flag.

You could ban almost any flag under your ideals. Definitely the Union Jack, Russian Flag, Chinese Flag, or any flag. If you were making the point that it is stupid to 'ban' the Confederate Flag then I agree with you. Flags are symbols and symbols mean different things to different people.

I don't blame the US flag for the idiots that are in Washington. I blame the system.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkipperJohn

Apparently lol!! mine was passed down as a heirloom. Still If they want to not be hypocrites the US flag needs to be removed too.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

yes im being intentionally stupid. You Got i tin One metallicus. but if they remove the Confed flag its going to happen one day to the US flag.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Confederate soldiers used to eat bacon.

(Run with THAT one!)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
In the old days, flags were banners used in battle so that the soldiers could recognize their teams through the heat of the fight. Today, flags have become objects of worship, mere idols made in China. I could care less what they do with their dead idols.

If you're one of those who are just so damned proud of your county that you just can't stand it, then remember; "Pride comes before the fall."

I'm blessed to be an American, but I have nothing to boast about. I salute no flag and pledge blind allegiance to no man.
edit on 23-6-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Whelp yup, Hate to break it to you , but that flag will fly indefinitely .

When America falls , that flag will fall .

Note: I am Neutral here . I understand the reasoning from both perspectives

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Thus you will be voting for Hillary a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Flags.

You do realize these things are just woven textiles with pretty colors and patterns on them, right?

They don't really do anything but flap in the wind. The rest is propaganda.

How about we just burn them all?

That's not a joke. This whole nation-state thing has proven itself to be a fantastic turd of an idea, due in no small part to the fact that it is perpetuated by people who can be moved to violence through the manipulative use of symbols.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

It needs to go just like the confederate flag.

Weak sauce...

Rather than make an argument that nothing should be banned, you validate the current asinine mentality of the majority.

Well done.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Shall we replace it with this flag ?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

That's not a joke. This whole nation-state thing has proven itself to be a fantastic turd of an idea, due in no small part to the fact that it is perpetuated by people who can be moved to violence through the manipulative use of symbols.

As long as you aren't suggesting a world government or world order then I can get behind that idea to some extent. It would be best if people were completely free and free to exchange goods and services without the intervention of governments and rulers. I don't want anyone in-charge telling me what I can do and how I can do it...just don't infringe on other people and their property and that is about all we need.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

As long as you aren't suggesting a world government or world order then I can get behind that idea to some extent. It would be best if people were completely free and free to exchange goods and services without the intervention of governments and rulers. I don't want anyone in-charge telling me what I can do and how I can do it...just don't infringe on other people and their property and that is about all we need.

Of course I would prefer no form(s) of state governance at all, however:

If, for some reason, I were to concede the necessity of government (perish the thought), then in this day-and-age, a world government is the only way to maintain the social order and organization necessary for the constant redistribution of resources and goods. If you want your current mode of living to be maintained, you're "going to have world government, whether you like it or not". It's the only way to "peaceably" (orderly is better) transfer resources around the planet.

I don't like it any more than you do, which is why I prefer total anarchy. At least the good guys still have a chance that way. But the way things are going now, with all of our little imaginary lines on maps being redrawn after killing a whole bunch of people and then doing it over again... and over again... and over again...

Does the NWO really mean more death and destruction than we already have (we're just a little insulated from it in the West)? For another thread perhaps, but it's something to think about. I don't think it's as cut-and-dry as we sometimes make it out to be.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Jhugener

No thanks, I'm a conscientious objector when it comes to voting.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Jhugener

No thanks, I'm a conscientious objector when it comes to voting.

Does that mean you have no say?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That I have no say? No, the Bill of Rights "guarantees" my right to say whatever I want. In fact my refusal to vote is my expression of distrust and disappointment in these fake ass politicians. Show me a candidate that isn't bought out and that's who I'll vote for.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I said the same thing in a post too !
um! I thought the Did ban the flag for some people??

originally posted by: SkipperJohn

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Ban everything.

Ban bans.

If bans are banned then nothing can be banned.

Also everything can be banned.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Annee

That I have no say? No, the Bill of Rights "guarantees" my right to say whatever I want. In fact my refusal to vote is my expression of distrust and disappointment in these fake ass politicians. Show me a candidate that isn't bought out and that's who I'll vote for.

I refuse to have a say (vote), because the Bill of Rights "guarantees" my right to have a say.

Got it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join