It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto buying the law - again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Back in September of 2013, public pressure forced Congress to block the so-called "Monsanto Protection Act" from becoming law.

But, the GMO industry didn't give up on their fight to deny Americans the right to know what's in our food.

Last week, the Center for Food Safety issued a press release warning that "the Monsanto Protection Act is back, and [it's] worse than ever."

The original legislation would have stripped federal courts of their power to block the sale or planting of genetically-modified crops. The new language would also ban GMO labeling and prevent state and local governments from restricting genetically-engineered crops in any way.

If approved, House Resolution 1599 would make it nearly impossible to regulate GMOs in any way, even if and when those crops are deemed dangerous for consumption.

No matter what your views are on genetically-modified crops, We The People should never give up our rights to monitor and control what ends up in our food supply.

We stopped the Monsanto Protection Act once, and we can do it again. Call Congress and tell them to say "No" to H.R. 1599.

www.truth-out.org...

More Frackers....

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
But don't people ever believe in science?

Geesh.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Its called buying Certified Organic Non GMO verified foods...thats the most important step you can make. Dual certification is paramount to ending this food heresy

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I can believe in science when they tell us that you can split atoms and release energy. I can even believe in science when they say you can create electrical energy from splitting atoms that is cleaner than burning coal for electricity. But I don't believe in science when they say it can be done safely or without incident. The same with GMOs. They don't know all the variables to be able to make the safety claims, esp. when people and nature can be so unpredictable.

Besides, their techniques for creating GMOs are crude, primitive, and paid for by big business that only wants to make a big profit from it. That I believe in more.

I can believe in science, but I can't believe in human kind to use it honestly and responsibly.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

This underscores that what the USA has for an economy is not so much capitalism as it is another beast altogether that as of yet does not have a proper designation though some call it "crony capitalism" and others call it corporate-tocracy.

I just call this "organized crime".

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Monsanto is going to make it so nothing will grow on the land except their seeds. Once that is accomplished, they will control the world. Considering this is the ultimate deception which leads to domination of everyone eventually, maybe the people who say monsanto is monsatan are right.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
When the TPP passes, people's rights won't "officially" matter anyway.
Monsanto can sue the whole world if they want to, to get their evil way!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Man it's so tiring having to defend against these turds so often. Why can't the politicians recognize how passed off it makes people? It really gets me mad that our country is being destroyed by these dumb azzzs that LIVE HERE TOO!! Yeah think there kids or grandkids won't have a polluted sick world to grow up in?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: On the Edge
When the TPP passes, people's rights won't "officially" matter anyway.
Monsanto can sue the whole world if they want to, to get their evil way!

Exactly what I am afraid of.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti

This underscores that what the USA has for an economy is not so much capitalism as it is another beast altogether that as of yet does not have a proper designation though some call it "crony capitalism" and others call it corporate-tocracy.

I just call this "organized crime".

I think the formal word is Plutocracy:

plutocracy

from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

n. Government by the wealthy.
n. A wealthy class that controls a government.
n. A government or state in which the wealthy rule.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

n. Government by the wealthy.
n. A controlling class of the wealthy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

n. A form of government in which the supreme power is lodged in the hands of the wealthy classes; government by the rich; also, a controlling or influential class of rich men.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

n. Government by the wealthy class; the rule of wealth; also, a class ruling by virtue of its wealth. Also plutarchy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

n. a political system governed by the wealthy people

www.wordnik.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Its called buying Certified Organic Non GMO verified foods...thats the most important step you can make. Dual certification is paramount to ending this food heresy

Not if this sucker passes...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Monsanto can KMA they aren't going to get away with it, too many free thinkers and pissed off people. It won't happen because if they try, something out of the ordinary will happen to them. There are too many spiritual thinkers out there who can create havoc simply by thinking about it. hint 'what you think about you bring about' concepts. In this place, this holographic reality, all things are possible. It's scientific, and therefore plausible. I wish i was a child again, it was so much easier to create reality with my thoughts, so maybe more people should think like a child, it works. No i'm not insane just very aware, and verbal when conveying thought to ink.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
There are too many spiritual thinkers out there who can create havoc simply by thinking about it. hint 'what you think about you bring about' concepts.

Lol, what are these people waiting to do something already? There aren't enough tragedies in this world caused big big corps?

Aren't you guys aware farmers in India are driven to suicide because of Monsanto?

If they can do anything about this or anything else, they did a bad job at it for the last decades.
edit on 24-6-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Monsanto is going to make it so nothing will grow on the land except their seeds. Once that is accomplished, they will control the world. Considering this is the ultimate deception which leads to domination of everyone eventually, maybe the people who say monsanto is monsatan are right.

I've never seen you make so much sense. You say some crap occasionally. So do I, it's what makes us human, but this little gem is prophetic.

If we don't stop the nonsense now either Monsanto, or somebody else, will own us all eventually.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

But, the GMO industry didn't give up on their fight to deny Americans the right to know what's in our food.

The original legislation would have stripped federal courts of their power to block the sale or planting of genetically-modified crops. The new language would also ban GMO labeling and prevent state and local governments from restricting genetically-engineered crops in any way.

Strange isnt it; when law makers want to pass a law and we object they say "if you've done nothing wrong you've got nothing to hide have you?" but these same people do not say to Monsanto, 'if your food is safe you have nothing to hide have you?'

Strange also that in a democracy, the govt has an obligation to provide good government which is in relation to food, making sure the food the nations people eat is safe. What is also odd is why the govt considers the rights of one corporation to over rides the rights of the citizenry to know whether or not they are eating GMO food. After all, they always want us to make health food choices don't they?

More Frackers....

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Geesh.

Yea sure we do but we don't believe in junk science or corrupted science. If Monsanto have nothing to hide why do not want us to know if the food we buy contains GMO?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10 I wish that was true. I don't think there are enough free thinkers in this world. Many states have tried to pass GMO labeling laws and failed. I don't know about others states but in California, we campaigned hard. I spent many hours on the phone and passing out literature as a volunteer. In the end there just wasn't enough people who were knowledgeable and cared enough to make it to the polls.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Geesh.

Its not science, its POISONING the food supply. GMO seeds =poison, Roundup= MAJOR poison, DDT = poison, Agent Orange = poison, these are all MONSANTO products!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

So I'm confused, when I go read the actual bill and it's FACTSHEET I see this..

What exactly is the issue here?

Why do these types of threads always never link to the actual bill being discussed?

edit on 24/6/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

GMO seed= poison?

BS.

Billions of animals have eaten food derived from GMO seeds...why aren't they all dead?

Mindless fear mongering.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join