It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Employee turnover is top workforce challenge, SHRM survey finds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Employe turnover is high because wages don't scale with inflation making it impossible for people to start at the bottom and work their way up.

Yea yea get a 1 bedroom and split it with 8 people like you did in the 70's. NOT, because you didn't have to do that in 70's because your money actually had purchasing power.

But I digress.

source

Retention/turnover, employee engagement and succession planning ranked as the top challenges faced by HR organizations today, according to the 2015 SHRM/Globoforce Employee Recognition Survey. The survey found 40% of HR professionals cited employee retention/turnover as their top organizational challenge followed by employee engagement at 39%. Another 29% cited concern about finding replacement talent, and 24% of respondents named culture management as their top HR concern - See more at

Let's be honest. Millenial don't want to work. It's not about wages, it's about liberal arts degrees and lack of work ethic.

Oh wait, I forgot. Millenials aren't getting hired! The jobs go to H1-b visas and ilegal, of course after the people with 20 years of experience get their pick of the litter.

Who cares, take your 50k in debt and barista job and work your way up the corporate chain at Starbucks and be glad you have a job and now SHUTUP! Entitled brat!

Do it or join the 25% of your generation who even get a damn job in the first place!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
One correction... most of those with 20 yrs experience were shown the door, after training their h1b visa-holding replacements.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CantStandIt

Very true!

Had this conversation with someone today. The people with visas work way cheaper!

Thanks for the correction!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt
One correction... most of those with 20 yrs experience were shown the door, after training their h1b visa-holding replacements.

Some of us have been forced to do that twice.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Insanity.

Now that the markets are shifting to South America and Asia we are toast.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Insanity.

Now that the markets are shifting to South America and Asia we are toast.

I predict a third time then.... < big sigh >

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Gets old after a while, I know. Hang in as long as you can!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Employe turnover is high because wages don't scale with inflation making it impossible for people to start at the bottom and work their way up.

Yea yea get a 1 bedroom and split it with 8 people like you did in the 70's. NOT, because you didn't have to do that in 70's because your money actually had purchasing power.

But I digress.

source

Retention/turnover, employee engagement and succession planning ranked as the top challenges faced by HR organizations today, according to the 2015 SHRM/Globoforce Employee Recognition Survey. The survey found 40% of HR professionals cited employee retention/turnover as their top organizational challenge followed by employee engagement at 39%. Another 29% cited concern about finding replacement talent, and 24% of respondents named culture management as their top HR concern - See more at

Let's be honest. Millenial don't want to work. It's not about wages, it's about liberal arts degrees and lack of work ethic.

Oh wait, I forgot. Millenials aren't getting hired! The jobs go to H1-b visas and ilegal, of course after the people with 20 years of experience get their pick of the litter.

Who cares, take your 50k in debt and barista job and work your way up the corporate chain at Starbucks and be glad you have a job and now SHUTUP! Entitled brat!

Do it or join the 25% of your generation who even get a damn job in the first place!

And don't forget all the Visas for the employees hired from other countries with free and science based education.

I feel your pain.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Can you provide a source for your post?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Can you provide a source for your post?

I can. Personal damned experience!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I would suspect that staffing services have a lot to do with this problem. They throw all kinds of unacceptable employees into what ever jobs they can without regard to their abilities so they can suck off the paychecks for as long as the employers will keep them, be it a few days, or weeks, or just long enough to "lay them off" before qualifying for unemployment. Of course, if the temp worker starts getting close to being able to qualify for unemployment, suddenly the staffing service doesn't have any work available for the reliable employees. If their client employers still need help, just throw some freshly acquired slackers their way and ignore the guys that are almost to the point of getting unemployment.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Sometimes that is the best source!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Employee turnover is a huge problem where I work. However, the major reason for turnover in our agency is poor supervisors. Basically, they promote the person who has been there the longest. Unfortunately, that does not make a good supervisor. The younger generation does not have the same loyalty to an organization that you see with our more seasoned staff. If they don't like how things are going, they move on. We figured it takes $13,000 to train a new employee at our workplace. That is a chunk of change and a heck of an investment.

new topics

top topics

join