It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autopsy finds Freddie Gray suffered 'high-energy injury' in Baltimore police van: report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I have been looking on the site for more about this, and not sure if this is the appropriate location, if not, I apologize in advance to the mods.

Freddie Gray Suffered...

(post by ProxyBear removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Can't believe this happened in early April...

Time really does appear to fly by as you get older.

The post above?
Is that what ATS is being reduced to?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pilgrimOmega
Sounds like they gave Freddie the 'nickel ride', hanging turns, jackrabbit starts and slamming on the brakes.
Many suspected that was what killed him, now the autopsy results seem to agree.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Thanks for cleaning up and keeping it classy here.
This is about a man that was killed by cops.
No one deserves that when they were unarmed and posed no threat.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Sounds like they gave Freddie the 'nickel ride', hanging turns, jackrabbit starts and slamming on the brakes.

Except for the fact that there were two other prisoners in the van with him who indicated nothing of the sort.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Except for the fact that there were two other prisoners in the van with him who indicated nothing of the sort.

Ever think they might value their life?
And was it two?
Were they with him for the whole ride?
Remember the cops stories about how many stops there were? It kept increasing.
edit on b000000302015-06-23T20:23:48-05:0008America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jun 2015 20:23:48 -0500800000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pilgrimOmega Watching the original video of Freddy being put in the van, it appeared that he was already injured and couldn't walk. This may be due to the dubious practice of kneeling on the back of someone on the ground while handcuffing them.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I can easily imagine police officers intentionally turning corners at high speeds and applying their breaks suddenly just to toss a suspect against the walls in the back of a van. What better way to get back at a suspect who may have been giving them lip service and a hard time when they were apprehending him. It would be like "we'll show you not to mess with us" while laughing in the front seat of the police van.

I'm sure this has happened before, but not with the unintended deadly consequence that happened to Freddie Gray.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Why do you say that? Was it confirmed somewhere?

I'm not doubting you... I wondered the same thing here. But I never saw it confirmed anywhere.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

And the fact they were not in the van the whole time....
They were in there for like the last block of transporting. After that stop that went unreported when this first surfaced.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Unless I missed something there was only one other person but I'll admit I haven't stayed on top of it since it first happend. But i do know that gray was by himself a majority of the ride.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I'm not doubting you... I wondered the same thing here. But I never saw it confirmed anywhere.

Yes it was confirmed there were two others in there with him. One of the other prisoners is on the record saying that he could hear Mr gray banging his head trying to injure himself.

That same prisoner first denied that he said anything to the police but then admitted he did talk to investigators and told them ie could hear Mr gray banging on the other side of the van.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

So you believe then that Freddie did a magic Johnson jump and landed on his head ?......because that is so much more believable than the some rogue cops playing "death proof" who incidentally have been caught doing the same thing ...

before......

And since when did the other prisoners become worthy of testimony ? How does one persons testimony be valued more than anothers...especially when they are all crims.....

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphastrike101

Yes it was confirmed there were two others in there with him. One of the other prisoners is on the record saying that he could hear Mr gray banging his head trying to injure himself.

That same prisoner first denied that he said anything to the police but then admitted he did talk to investigators and told them ie could hear Mr gray banging on the other side of the van.

Yes, at this point it is very clear that you are saying that Freddie Gray killed himself to make the police look bad.

That is apparently your argument.

Unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: alphastrike101

Thank you for the confirmation of two other passengers. I haven't been able to keep myself updated on the case and missed that. And after the State Attorney requested the gag order, I didn't think it would be coming out until the trial.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega

Yes, at this point it is very clear that you are saying that Freddie Gray killed himself to make the police look bad.

Unbelievable.

Not to speak for anyone else, but I do recall the one prisoner saying something to that effect... but that was the prisoner's editorializing and coming to conclusions (or the reporter putting his words in his mouth). If we take it down to the basics, the prisoner heard banging noises from the other compartment that Freddie Gray was in. But obviously the prisoner couldn't see what was happening, could only hear the banging, so whatever reason he attributed the banging to is his own conjecture. Sadly, it's quite possible the banging he heard was Mr. Gray having convulsions.

Perhaps -- and this is simply my conjecture -- the investigators were able to determine that, based on the statements of the prisoners, the timing of the stops, etc., and that the transporting officers (and other officers present at various stops) knew that Mr. Gray was in fact having seizures, and that was the cause of the banging. Hence, the criminal charges.

I haven't seen if either of the other prisoners were asked and answered to the question of it also being a "nickel ride."

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Unbelievable.

Mentally unstable inmates try to kill or injure themselves all the time. Good grief.

The fact of the matter is that no one really knows what happen to Freddy Gray. This could be just an unfortunate accident. Freddy Gray is in restraints, already agitated and moving around within the compartment. He is unable to anticipate turns in the van since he cannot see, loses his balance, and falls in a manner that injures his neck.

The autopsy clearly states that there were no signs of injuries that would have been obtained during the arrest. Mr. Gray is also clearly able to support his own weight, etc in several pictures of him entering the van. He was also high as opiates and weed were found in his system per the autopsy. Who knows what kind of mental state he was in. He obviously was a professional street bum, so it isn't like he didn't know the drill.

While I support police, I certainly don't believe all of them are angels. However, I don't think this is the case to hold up as some cause du jour of police misconduct. The rush to judgment of the community agitators and politicians is going to cause Baltimore to burn again when these cops are acquitted.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
a reply to: pilgrimOmega Watching the original video of Freddy being put in the van, it appeared that he was already injured and couldn't walk. This may be due to the dubious practice of kneeling on the back of someone on the ground while handcuffing them.

There are pictures of him taken after the video showing him clearly walking / standing on his own.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I have been looking on the site for more about this, and not sure if this is the appropriate location, if not, I apologize in advance to the mods.

Freddie Gray Suffered...

The Conservative Treehouse has the most indepth coverage in one place on this case since the mainstream media won't actually do their jobs anymore.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join