It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unwittingly Fingerprinted by Touch Screen Devices

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
With the Super Advancements in Touch Screen Technology, Software and their Applications, its really not out of the question that our Unscrupulous Spying Government, Hasn't forced or were even offered/Given Fingerprinting application for all Touch Screen Devices, to help in completing their Database Profiling Collections. And like Idiot's, we Unwittingly and Freely give them Greater Trespass of our Right To Privacy and Anonymity Via our Favorite Communication Devices.

They Already have Access to our Video, Audio, Tracking and Fantasies. Why not our Fingerprints, DNA, plus Retinal Scan Via our Personal Devices

edit on 6.23.2015 by Kandinsky because: fixed typo in title

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Yeah, probably true, but anything important/secret I wish to discuss is always face to face in the real world.
So the government can find out I read and post on ATS, they can build a picture of my interests etc, I couldn't give a toss to be honest.
The police have my picture, DNA, and fingerprints already, and the security agencies could find anything they want about me online right now anyway.
As I said, I don't really care because anything I wish to remain private is always face to face. No texts, emails or phonecalls, aside from arranging a face to face meeting.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Capacitive touchscreen cannot "see" fingerprints. It sense a change in the electric field and can locate an X/Y coordinate of where that's happening.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'm Sure for most of us they have a full Dossier, But for most they have Zip. Nada. and that's why there would be the greatest interest to the Gubbermint and Undocumented's

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: inert

Capacitive touchscreen cannot "see" fingerprints. It sense a change in the electric field and can locate an X/Y coordinate of where that's happening.

Is that why you can give fingerprints on government touch screens?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm not overly concerned about this. The local folks have my fingerprints already from applying for a CCW. Heck, the military fingerprinted me when my father was stationed overseas and took the kids with.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
I'm not overly concerned about this. The local folks have my fingerprints already from applying for a CCW. Heck, the military fingerprinted me when my father was stationed overseas and took the kids with.

Would you really want some hacker having any further access to your privacy, even to the point where they could transfer those prints to incriminate you for crimes you never committed?
edit on 23-6-2015 by SPECULUM because: Cowbell

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Aside from incriminating me in a crime, there's not much a hacker could do to me. I keep no money in a bank and have no credit.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
originally posted by: SPECULUM
originally posted by: inert

Good one, can't rule it out.

I was going to suggest they program everyone subliminally through our cell phone speakers… and record our movements by RFID sown into the hems of our clothing and the souls of our shoes.

But thats enough paranoia for one thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Lets see...

It took engineers at Apple a long time and many patents to get "TouchID" sensors to work reliably for the iPhone 6. They have to use special sensors to read fingerprints -- a touch screen simply won't do it. It's not like some kind of camera, it doesn't work like that.

Maybe someday the entire screen could do that...but not right now.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This place is strange sometimes. A conspiracy like this is infinitely more likely than the current leading conspiracy from daaboob 7 .

Thank you for at least bringing this concept to everyone's attention .

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As already stated, capacitive touchscreens are simply incapable of such a thing. Nice paranoia, though.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

If you have a passport and/or your picture on a police database, then unless you walk around all day in a large hooded top wearing sunglasses you are already easy to find by 'authorities'.
Hackers etc are a different matter, but if your life is online banking and all the rest of it then that is always a risk you will be taking.

Sadly, I think I will see it in my lifetime when cash transactions will be legally required to be recorded at the point of transfer by mobile phone/tech and facial recognition before money changes hands. Everybody having a personal 'cash' account on the database so every transaction is recorded.
Control of cash and records of transactions is more important to governments than our bull# personal details.
Government controls us much more when they truly control the token of exchange we use with each other, or in other words, remove the anonymity cash gives us.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

If you have a passport and/or your picture on a police database, then unless you walk around all day in a large hooded top wearing sunglasses you are already easy to find by 'authorities'.
Hackers etc are a different matter, but if your life is online banking and all the rest of it then that is always a risk you will be taking.

Sadly, I think I will see it in my lifetime when cash transactions will be legally required to be recorded at the point of transfer by mobile phone/tech and facial recognition before money changes hands. Everybody having a personal 'cash' account on the database so every transaction is recorded.
Control of cash and records of transactions is more important to governments than our bull# personal details.
Government controls us much more when they truly control the token of exchange we use with each other, or in other words, remove the anonymity cash gives us.

Sadly I can see and except your point. With one exception cash transaction without a receipt are completely untraceable.

So everyone has a decision to make . Do everything electronically or Go old-school and complete your transactions with cash .

If people want to perpetuate the very banking system they abhor . By all means continue to feed bankers coffers one dollar at a time with electronic transactions .

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Agreed, but if the majority of folk have signed up to any 'cash declaration scheme' which tallies their actual holding of cash with a database, then every time they make a cash purchase they update the database along with the trader by electronic means when the cash changes hands, then that is when governments hold the power.

I see it now. I know a few sole traders/tradespeople who have started to accept card payment via handheld mobile device. It is only a few lines of code away from the cash transaction being recorded by the same devices. Either encouraged by convincing the masses that 'unregistered cash = criminal" or just passing a law requiring it.

...maybe barter will become vogue again.
edit on 23.6.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it helps, but there are standards within the biometrics community that prevents software from storing the user's actual template aka finger print / voice profile etc ... For a major vendor to be caught doing that it would be bad news bears. There are a number of commercial entities are odds with the government in regards to this, but mostly they don't need your finger print.

Using currently existing methods they can have your web browsing, voice, and image data quite easily. Individually DNA and fingerprint matching would compete, but the collection of data they can mine is incredibly powerful.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Yeah, probably true, but anything important/secret I wish to discuss is always face to face in the real world.
So the government can find out I read and post on ATS, they can build a picture of my interests etc, I couldn't give a toss to be honest.
The police have my picture, DNA, and fingerprints already, and the security agencies could find anything they want about me online right now anyway.
As I said, I don't really care because anything I wish to remain private is always face to face. No texts, emails or phonecalls, aside from arranging a face to face meeting.

Your correct in what you say but I think the bigger concern is the traceability of our movements that would be useful to Them, the picture it builds up about us, the detail in the profiling, the degree of predictability of our behaviour and using us as assets when it suits them, the degree of enslavement, their ability to restrict our options and choices of action we can take, is what the concern is.

The more of this tracking and data collection and analysis they can do and the more accurate it gets the more we will feel that our sovereignty as a free, individual sovereign human being has been compromised. When we feel that, what does that make us?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Your correct in what you say but I think the bigger concern is the traceability of our movements that would be useful to Them, the picture it builds up about us, the detail in the profiling, the degree of predictability of our behaviour and using us as assets when it suits them, the degree of enslavement, their ability to restrict our options and choices of action we can take, is what the concern is.

The more of this tracking and data collection and analysis they can do and the more accurate it gets the more we will feel that our sovereignty as a free, individual sovereign human being has been compromised. When we feel that, what does that make us?

I'd love to work for these organizations just so i could fark with them.. I really should have been a PI it would have been the highlight of my Virgoan Career. haha I am so into that stuff... However i could have come out with a few more pointers than i have already. Ok now i'm off to listen to this.

edit on 6/24/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Those have a camera in. They're taking a photo of your finger print ridges. Which is something you can't do with the screen of an iPhone or whatnot.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Those have a camera in. They're taking a photo of your finger print ridges. Which is something you can't do with the screen of an iPhone or whatnot.

That you're aware of

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join