It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First school in nation to offer LGBT Studies Course --- why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
28% of this school's children identify as LGBTQ. Wow! (And some people still think there is "nothing in the water"?)

But, then again, this IS San Francisco. But, do we really and truly need to offer a course of study for this?

This just sounds like more reason to divide us, make people feel different, or maybe there is a deeper reason. Your thoughts.

LGBT Studies Course At San Francisco High School May Be 1st In Nation

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Oh, poo! And here I thought you were going to talk about a college, and I was going to say it was so those degree recipients could join the Womyn's Studies and Black Studies degree recipients in complaining about their student debt when they realize there is no job market for those degrees.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Why not?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

28% of this school's children identify as LGBTQ.

This kind of ridiculous number gives statistics a bad name. This is why no one should pay attention to polls or collected 'data' on humans and their beliefs. Stupid and ridiculous, but like you said it is San Francisco.
edit on 2015/6/23 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, poo! And here I thought you were going to talk about a college, and I was going to say it was so those degree recipients could join the Womyn's Studies and Black Studies degree recipients in complaining about their student debt when they realize there is no job market for those degrees.

I think it is already in some colleges. I can't imagine spending an entire college education to get one of those useless degrees....not to mention going into debt to get one.

Why put this in high schools? Why the constant push to make people feel special, or different, or needy, or whatever?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

High school kids....28% identify as LBGT? Kids......

If this becomes a trend I will have to carefully choose where to send my children to school....

Here in today's class kids we will discuss women with a penis.....So you know it is perfectly okay to have sex with a woman while being a woman yourself! Some other interesting terminology.....oh boy...

What in the EFF could you learn about in a class like this? Confidence? What a joke....Kaitlyn Jenner will be in this year to discuss transitioning into a woman.....wow
edit on 6/23/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

“Twenty eight percent of our students identify as LGBTQ,” Schlax said

Okay, I get the LGBT but what exactly is "Q" ???

If this course could answer that simple question
then it ought be taught at the college level.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lol i was gonna say something pretty damn similar.
The college in my city loves to make up BS courses that have zero merit in a workforce.
Then these buffoons that get suckered into the course will moan about their student loan debt while working at a minimum wage job.
I blame the colleges first for even making those types of courses. Nothing but a money grab

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Queer... i think
edit on 23-6-2015 by macenroe82 because: added

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: macenroe82
a reply to: ketsuko

Lol i was gonna say something pretty damn similar.
The college in my city loves to make up BS courses that have zero merit in a workforce.
Then these buffoons that get suckered into the course will moan about their student loan debt while working at a minimum wage job.
I blame the colleges first for even making those types of courses. Nothing but a money grab

In their defense (like I care to defend this crap) it is a "study course"....To learn terminology and history of this crap....

I like when things where behind closed doors....Call me behind the times, mean, stupid, whatever.....I don't like this crap being in schools, as well as it shouldn't be IMO....

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It's not the 1950's anymore, where the LGBT community had to hide and keep their true selves a secret, or get put in jail, beaten, killed, harassed for being who they were. It's a part of our past, and seems to be a good enough subject for a history course. I also think a course on the civil rights movement would be a good history course idea. Or, a course on the Native American Indian, or all indigenous peoples across the world.

Why you so scared of anyone that doesn't look or act exactly like you do?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Not scared....I keep my heterosexuality to myself behind closed doors....I don't makeout with my wife at the mall, I don't prance around like a fairy fighting for heterosexuality....

I would appreciate the same courtesy back to me....Be what you want to be, but do it to yourself where nobody else can see it...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Because the population has never had more than maybe 5% max of LB (insert another letter here)T people?

The 28% number is consistent with the number of people polled who now think about a quarter of the population is LBHYSFRQXZT because of the representation of such characters in media not because of any actual experience with people who actually are that way.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If 28% of the student body are identified as such aren't they just serving their marketplace? I did't pick up on this being the next Common Core. That will get some reaction if it does.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Well you just mentioned you had a wife, so you didn't hide your heterosexuality too well, did you? I'd appreciate if you never mention your wife again on this board, so that I don't have to know your sexuality at all. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I didn't post a picture of my wife and I making out at the train station though did I? They don't have courses in school about heterosexuality, so why the need for LBGT?

I can talk about whatever I would like, as can you....As can anyone! Talking about it on the internet and a course at school are totally different things, if you think those can be linked I feel sorry...

What is the issue with not wanting to see a husband and wife kissing in the mall? I don't want to see it! I don't want to see two men doing the same thing either....Your sexual preferences should be kept private as those are private moments with your spouse/companion/whatever....IMO

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

28%?

You know what? I said a few years back that there is something going into certain foods and drink to turn people 'gay'. After seeing these stats... I stick by that.

It's a shame whoever it is is doing this to youngsters too... they should be hung out to dry.

It's pretty disgusting actually that this even considered a school topic!

If you are 'gay'... you should get yourself seen by a Psychiatrist and see whether there is anything which can be done... But no, you say there is no 'mental health' issue?? yes there is.... so stop denying it and go get yourself checked out.

If 'exhibishionism' is a form of 'Mental Health' then so is 'gayism'... there's no doubt about it. If you think kissing and having sex with someone who is the same as you is 'Normal'.... then you do have a problem.
edit on CDTTue, 23 Jun 2015 14:22:44 -05000000003002x144x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

oh i totally agree.
My 8 year old goes to a public school, at the beginning of the year i got a letter from the teacher saying that they will be teaching sex ed this year and touching (pardon the pun) upon gay/lesbian relationships.

For about a week straight me and her mother where asked questions that should never be brought up at the dinner table.
If she was older i wouldn't give a crap, but really at 8 years old?!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: macenroe82

oh i totally agree.
My 8 year old goes to a public school, at the beginning of the year i got a letter from the teacher saying that they will be teaching sex ed this year and touching (pardon the pun) upon gay/lesbian relationships.

For about a week straight me and her mother where asked questions that should never be brought up at the dinner table.
If she was older i wouldn't give a crap, but really at 8 years old?!

That is what I am talking about! I keep getting bashed for my views, but it isn't just gay/lesbian whatever....It is straight as well! I don't want to see it in public, I don't want my kids ESPECIALLY at 8 freaking years old learning about it or seeing it, etc...I don't hate anyone for their sexual preferences, I don't agree with homosexuality but I don't dislike anyone for it....But my main point is, please keep it all behind closed doors where it should be.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Well you just mentioned you had a wife, so you didn't hide your heterosexuality too well, did you? I'd appreciate if you never mention your wife again on this board, so that I don't have to know your sexuality at all. Thanks.

There is one poster who is undergoing a transition and still has a wife. Are you going to ask that poster to stop talking about it so we don't have to know their sexual situation too?

There is a difference between talking about what you did with a person and their relation to you and exposing the intimate details of your life. There are two lesbian couples I have seen shopping at my local grocery. One of them simply shops like my husband and I do. They're pleasant and we've talked a time or two. The other macks on each other every chance they get. No one needs to see that anymore than they would need to see my husband and I macking on each other.

Or should we just put the kibosh on all that entirely and stop letting couples even go anywhere in public with one another. Of course, we do know that it is part of the agenda of the most radical to destroy monogamy and monogamous relationships, particularly marriage.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join