It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many in Nation Tired of Explaining Things to Idiots

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Some of the long running 9/11 debates took some of the energy out of me, if people want to live in their own perceptions that is their right and own determination.

Recently there was one thread I just had to walk away from, maybe there was some miss communication or different perceptions going on. I have no inclination for getting into arguments these days. Keep it Simple.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You just may be onto something here

But hey who said you need a brain to survive this world

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
My favorite meme these days:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I thought this was going to be an intelligent, interesting thread until I got to the bottom line.

The Swastica originally meant "good will". It symbolically took on new, and derogatory meaning. Same as the Confederate Flag.

It's not complicated.

edit on 23-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Of the many obvious things that people are sick and tired of trying to get through the skulls of stupid people, the fact that climate change will cause catastrophic habitat destruction and devastating extinctions tops the list, with a majority saying that they will no longer bother trying to explain this to cretins.

Goodness gracious they really do want to drill home man-made climate change. As the number of humans increases, so does fossil fuel use. And now the climate is changing because of it, like it was always nice and stable. I guess global warming will be blamed for the drought in California.

Coming in a close second, statistical proof that gun control has reduced gun deaths in countries around the world is something that a significant number of those polled have given up attempting to break down for morons.

That tells me people stopped using guns to kill each other. Show me a country where you had gun control and a corresponding decrease in something like, homicides. If someone wants to kill you, they are going to try and kill you. Guns do make it easier yes but you have places like China where two and more people are killed in knife attacks.

Or better yet, instead of shooting you, you'll just get eviscerated or maybe bludgeoned to death. You can survive something like a 9MM in the shoulder or chest (depending on entry point), don't know about baseball bats knocking around the noodle.

Finally, a majority said that trying to make idiots understand why a flag that symbolizes bigotry and hatred has no business flying over a state capitol only makes the person attempting to explain this want to put his or her fist through a wall.

I've already stated my piece about what the confederate flag is to me. I will say that, in my opinion, it should be a museum, as a part of history. They lost, get over it and close that chapter. But that flag is so ingrained into southern culture that it's a moot point to ask them to get rid of it.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I thought this was going to be an intelligent, interesting thread until I got to the bottom line. The Swastica originally meant "good will". It symbolically took on new, and derogatory meaning. Same as the Confederate Flag. It's not complicated.

Well said and I'd like to add your explanation to my counterpoint
But your going to have people that will defend it, both black and white, because that is all they know and it's what they've been told. Objective thinking comes in short supply these days.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: jellyrev
I think if the Confederate flag gets banned realistically this would set in motion banning of things like the soviet flag, anything related to che and off course the Nazi flag, and it may continue down the line banning old flags that represented any country with a bad reputation. The British did some messed up stuff to USA, ban it. Then the best will be when the native Americans trump everything and demand the USA flag be banned.
How can we be butthurt about Confederate flag for slaves while also not get butthurt at USA flag for native Americans genocide.

POINT IN CASE.

No one is attempting to 'BAN' the conferate flag. The discussion is about whether or not it should be 'flown' above the South Carolina State House on a daily basis.

I don't think it's appropriate for the flay of a defeated 'entity' to be flying over the legislature of the current 'non-confederate' goverment of South Carolina.

In my opinion that symbolism is close to 'treasonous' along with being racist.

AGAIN, no one is talking about BANNING the flag.

CASE IN POINT

Amazon, eBay ban sales of Confederate flag merchandise

eBay on Tuesday called the Confederate flag "a contemporary symbol of divisiveness and racism." eBay/Screenshot by CNET Amazon and eBay -- two of the most prominent online retailers in the US -- said they decided Tuesday to ban sales of the Confederate flag and related merchandise on their sites.

The companies made the change as a quick response to a groundswell of public complaints that the companies were allowing sales of the controversial symbol. Their decisions follow similar bans from retailers Walmart and Sears on Monday. Online retailers Etsy and Newegg also said Tuesday they'd stop selling such merchandise, and Google said it would remove Confederate flag images from Google Shopping and its ads.

Source

Another CASE IN POINT.

There is a vast difference in a 'legal ban' and a business, local or personal decision.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestionCOOL and timely thread....did me good.....I
m with ya 2 out of 3...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: jellyrev
I think if the Confederate flag gets banned realistically this would set in motion banning of things like the soviet flag, anything related to che and off course the Nazi flag, and it may continue down the line banning old flags that represented any country with a bad reputation. The British did some messed up stuff to USA, ban it. Then the best will be when the native Americans trump everything and demand the USA flag be banned.
How can we be butthurt about Confederate flag for slaves while also not get butthurt at USA flag for native Americans genocide.

POINT IN CASE.

No one is attempting to 'BAN' the conferate flag. The discussion is about whether or not it should be 'flown' above the South Carolina State House on a daily basis.

I don't think it's appropriate for the flay of a defeated 'entity' to be flying over the legislature of the current 'non-confederate' goverment of South Carolina.

In my opinion that symbolism is close to 'treasonous' along with being racist.

AGAIN, no one is talking about BANNING the flag.

CASE IN POINT

Amazon, eBay ban sales of Confederate flag merchandise

eBay on Tuesday called the Confederate flag "a contemporary symbol of divisiveness and racism." eBay/Screenshot by CNET Amazon and eBay -- two of the most prominent online retailers in the US -- said they decided Tuesday to ban sales of the Confederate flag and related merchandise on their sites.

The companies made the change as a quick response to a groundswell of public complaints that the companies were allowing sales of the controversial symbol. Their decisions follow similar bans from retailers Walmart and Sears on Monday. Online retailers Etsy and Newegg also said Tuesday they'd stop selling such merchandise, and Google said it would remove Confederate flag images from Google Shopping and its ads.

Source

Another CASE IN POINT.

There is a vast difference in a 'legal ban' and a business, local or personal decision.

Sure but people will have a hard time buying the merchandise in major retailers so far. The general public will now mostly see it as racist with tattoos, having the flag in front of homes, t-shirts, bumper stickers, when before it was a Southern, Redneck, thing for example. Might as well be "banned". On par with with the swastika.
edit on 24-6-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
You're right. The only flag anyone should be flying is a coiled snake.

Don't tread...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atlantican
You're right. The only flag anyone should be flying is a coiled snake.

Don't tread...

I prefer the E Pluribus Unim flag

m.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

That tells me people stopped using guns to kill each other. Show me a country where you had gun control and a corresponding decrease in something like, homicides. If someone wants to kill you, they are going to try and kill you. Guns do make it easier yes but you have places like China where two and more people are killed in knife attacks.

Or better yet, instead of shooting you, you'll just get eviscerated or maybe bludgeoned to death. You can survive something like a 9MM in the shoulder or chest (depending on entry point), don't know about baseball bats knocking around the noodle.

I've already stated my piece about what the confederate flag is to me. I will say that, in my opinion, it should be a museum, as a part of history. They lost, get over it and close that chapter. But that flag is so ingrained into southern culture that it's a moot point to ask them to get rid of it.

Ironic that you chose to put the confederate flag in a musem but are incapable of doing the same to a gun ownership clause in a 240 year old political document!

(post by eXia7 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Oh the irony.

Lol

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: cenpuppie

Ironic that you chose to put the confederate flag in a musem but are incapable of doing the same to a gun ownership clause in a 240 year old political document!

I would explain to you,but I gave up trying...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
What I find stupid is people who believe that anyone who disagrees with them is stupid.

Was it Ozzy Osbourne or Richie Blackmore who said it best: "When you listen to fools, the mob rules"

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

People are guilty of expert bias, only the best instructors can get past that. Things that are simple to someone who experientially understands something, can be difficult to grasp for people who have no direct experience.

It can be frustrating for someone who understands something so well to not be able to get someone else to understand it.

In regards to gun violence, etc in other countries, that's ignorance or lack of ability to critically evaluate with logic by people.

Me, personally, I wouldn't care if getting rid of guns would make all the babies of the world happy as apple pie, you still can't take them away. There is a reason for the people to have access to guns and it has nothing to do with violent crime.

Climate change...that's a huge misnomer, I don't know a single person denying that climate change exists. I know many who doubt the voracity of claims that humans are a) causing it in a destructive way, and b) can do a God damn thing about it and c) isn't just going to change again as naturally as a hurricane occurring in Florida.

Jaden
edit on 24-6-2015 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Beartracker16

Yeah, especially about things that are opinion based. On the other hand, anyone who can't see that lack of guns won't and doesn't stop violent crime is a fool...

Jaden

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join