It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I fear the day when humans meet extraterrestrials.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Now I don't mean extraterrestrial attacking us but rather what we would do to them.

Now I know a lot of people are optimistic about extraterrestrial contact but I in the other hand are a bit fearful of how humans would treat them.

In our society, humans don't get along due to many reasons like religion, race, economic class, and whatever ridiculous reason humans came up in order to justify their hatred against their fellow man.

Now what happens when humans see people that are entirely different from them? If humans don't get along with one another what makes you think we would get along with people who are not like us and don't look like us.

I can see the following:

Genocide: History shows that people wage genocide due to stupid reasons such as religion and race. For example, the Nazis killed the Jews due to stupid reasons about racism. A lot of times these killings happen simply because the perpetrator view their fellow man as subhumans Now imagine when we came across extraterrestrials. It would be easier to justify killings since they are not humans at all.

Slavery. History shows that people get enslaved due to socio economic reasons and/or racism. As stated above many of these slaves were not seen as humans. Now imagine the same thing with extraterrestrials.

Segregation. History shows that people get excluded from the rest of society for whatever ridiculous reasons. For example look at the early history of America, people get marginalized because of their skin color. Now what happens with extraterrestrials?

Now I know some people are optimistic but the reality is that it is inevitable. I mean for every good human there's gonna be humans that are evil.

edit on 23-6-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I fear the day humans realize they're extraterrestrials.

I agree though, they would be far less inclined to be benevolent. Either colonizing or resource gathering.
edit on 23-6-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's already happened.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Treat them?

We'd better hope to high heaven that they don't want to eat us.

Seriously.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It might be hundreds of years before we meet intelligent extraterrestrials. And we might never actually meet them, just detect their presence on some very distant planet.

In the forseeable future, our own encounter with extraterrestrial life will most probably be limited to microbes/fungi/primitive multicellar organisms.

Perhaps, when after those hundreds of years we finally come face to face with aliens, we will have evolved past our destructive and selfish nature. Or perhaps we'll exterminate ourselves here on Earth before our manned space exploration gets that far...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Human's will make horrible pets. Perhaps we will be used like pit bulls are for dog fighting.

On the other hand, perhaps this would be the wake up call the race needs to band together. If we know we have to rely on each other to survive, maybe we will set aside our differences. I recall after 9/11, everyone seemed to come together and became more patriotic as we mourned the destruction of our country.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
They ( Aliens ) will not appear as grays if we do meet them. They will appear as human as we are.

See Dr. David Jacobs book "The Threat" or Dr. Karla Turner . Many are online as pdf.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It won't be pretty....

benevolent ET my arse....

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Now I don't mean extraterrestrial attacking us but rather what we would do to them.

If you look at mother nature, you should be worried about what they would do to us and not the other way around. Mother nature is not to kind to the lesser of the specie.

Hopefully , they wouldn''t try to domesticate us or put us in a zoo for an exhibit after bringing us to a near extinction.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Hmm....I find that question humorous....so let me ask you....what makes you think we haven't already?

Are you expecting some magical appearance or "announced a disclosure"?

Not gonna happen because it already has....and we are too infantile in development to accept the fact.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Don't worry, America will save you all. We usually do.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Agreed! It was in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
After giving it a bit of thought, I agree that meeting actual physical extraterrestrials "face-to-face" as it were, would be an incredibly devastating event in human history, and the end of the world as we know it in a profoundly negative way.

Yeah, it's one thing to intellectualize about meeting up with aliens, but should the actual event occur, it would be like a bomb going off that nobody was prepared for.

Our only hope would be that we first find a faint radio signal from a distant solar system much too far away for the creatures to get to us or find us. That would be abstract enough for us to get used to the idea over a couple hundred years. But if they just showed up in our skies, that would pretty much be the end of us.
edit on 23-6-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Now I know a lot of people are optimistic about extraterrestrial contact but I in the other hand are a bit fearful of how humans would treat them.

I for one wouldn't worship them but I'd sure like to pick their brains on many topics.

1. How did they make it past our present level of self hate and self destruction?

2. How to implement a totally green economic system.

3. Whats their version of the history of the Universe

4. How many other species have they either met or are aware of

Stuff like that

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I actually suspect that any races advanced enough to physically take to the stars,
would have reached some sort of 'singularity' through AI, nanontechnology, or
some sort of other self-altering means and then have no NEED or DESIRE to
fly around in fragile organic bodies, or of course wipe themselves out of
existence like we are on track to do.

Then given all that computing power (one way or another), they probably
leave time and space altogether, without ever leaving their solar system.

I'd say that the survival instinct will always trump the curiosity to explore..
and flying around in space is DANGEROUS. Contrary to popular belief,
"Star Trek technology" was ridiculous, and it's highly unlikely that space
travel could be that safe.

Given a choice between near immortality or true immortality and hitching
oneself to a flying bomb to dodge black holes, I think that nearly all
physical species would just stay home, or evolve out of physicality or
our space/time entirely.

I think that the Virtual Reality trap is mighty compelling too..

Kev

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I'm afraid the aliens will take control of our entire fleet of drones and destroy the population. When they are done they will destroy all the drones and remind us how stupid we were for building them in the fist place.

Add - "Some things should never be built"
edit on 23-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Not to mention, if an Alien where to say a certain god is NOT the creator of the world, we would have people trying to blow them up for being infidels

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If a real alien were to knock on your door right now it would terrify you. As it stood before you, your blood would run ice cold and you would be frozen with fear.

It's one thing to toy around with the idea in your head, but to actually be in the presence of something not of this Earth would be terrifying. We humans would sense something isn't "right" and that whatever this creature was "didn't belong here".

We can't even figure out if we should make cakes for people or fly certain flags. I doubt we'd do very well trying to fit in alongside a humanoid alien race.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
They are like us you know, if they are infact "intelligent" you will never contact something you aren't sure won't become an impending danger to your life.

Example: We don't run up to lions with open arms unless we build trust.

So they'd probably probe and make small contact until they are known and seen as 'safe' then they will make full contact. At that point they will continue to have the advantage of technology. So no they won't be enslaved or hurt. They'll practically be as secure if not more secure than the president himself.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
If a real alien were to knock on your door right now it would terrify you. As it stood before you, your blood would run ice cold and you would be frozen with fear.

Oh that's just great.

My father-in-law is an alien.

Now it makes sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join