It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Refusing To Talk About ’92 Clinton-Gore Confederate Campaign Button

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The funniest thing about this , will be watching individual republican faces when buying the Clinton Gore bumper sticker to put in their cars to drive in high minority areas during elections.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I think they knew ALL about it.

Nothing gets by the Clintons.

Even way back then, everything was planned out and verified.

They had all the experience necessary from the Arkansas Reign.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Actually, I think some Democrat voters might think the old button is current !!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

It’s unclear if the Clinton-Gore Confederate flag campaign button that has been prominent on social media was an official part of their 1992 presidential campaign.

just felt the need to quote the above ^

most people in this thread seem to have missed // ignored it

Willful ignorance for the sake of politics aside...as any campaign button collector will tell you, these were not made by the Clinton campaign...

It's important to note that there is no indicator that these buttons were actually made and distributed by the actual Clinton-Gore campaign. The second, with its cut-out photos of the candidates, almost certainly isn't.

One indicator that it isn't official is that it lacks a union "bug," the little marker showing that a piece of campaign material was printed in a union shop. If you look at other Clinton-Gore buttons, nearly all — but not all — have a bug somewhere. The buttons below, from CampaignButtons-Etc.com, have their union bugs circled

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Indigo5

I think they knew ALL about it.

As usual...what you claim to "think" and reality are light years apart.

edit on 23-6-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hillary is evil, ya know.

an evil dangerous confederate flag button wearer.

Hard telling what she is capable of.
edit on 033030p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hillary always uses her famous "Dixie" accent when deemed necessary.

Now she can dig up old reasons too !!

edit on Jun-23-2015 by xuenchen because: [_ 'o' _]

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have friends who can make thousands of buttons at her business.
I can make swastikas with Donald Trump's ugly mug on them and that doesn't mean it's official.

This on the other hand is disturbing...yet unsurprising...

White Supremacist Who Influenced Charleston Suspect Donated to 2016 G.O.P. Campaigns www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hillary wasn't running for anything in '92, c'mon Xuen you're smart enough to know that.

Laura Bush killed a guy. Perspective!

I don't like defending Hillary. I'm no fan of hers, but pick on her for something she's responsible for, ffs. It's not like there's any shortage of it. Why should she be held to account for something her husband may or may not have had on a campaign button/whatever two decades ago? Stop being ridiculous please.

Either you think the rebel flag is a racist symbol or this thread is just more political trollin' from ATS's master of the art.
edit on 6/23/2015 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

She has a vaguely 'black' accent too that she trots out when she speaks in front of black people. I'm not at all convinced that she wouldn't go full Eddie Murphy in 'Coming to America' if she had the occasion to give a speech in Africa. She's one of the slimiest politicians currently active, I think the two of us can agree on that much at least.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Confederate flag sales up more than 3,000% on Amazon in past 24 hours

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

LOL

unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

How 'bout Big Lots and Overstock.com?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I told 'ya so. When the government even THINKS about banning something that symbolic, you will see a backlash. There will be Confederate flags flying everywhere all the time now.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
Who is talking about banning it?

A city doesn't want it on a gov site after a man who championed that flag went in and killed nine people.

Buy it all you want, the irony of it is you are buying it from the foreigners you hate.
Not you personally, but that heritage of the south doesn't exactly champion immigrants.
edit on rdTue, 23 Jun 2015 16:55:07 -0500America/Chicago620150780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Oh yeah, let's bring up something from 23 years ago and ask her if she remembers anything about the things in question....

I am not rooting for, advocating, nor anything else about HIllary or this topic but if I were to ask anyone of you about a t-shirt you wore to school 23 years ago, would you even remember what the hell I am talking about let alone be able to answer for it?

What a joke! (IMO of course)

Well I could tell you I wasn't wearing a NAZI Flag 23 years ago... so if Hilary and CO. REALLY believe the confederate flag is as offensive as they say it is, than YES I'd expect them to know instantly whether or not they wore it.

Hell...I remember what band / concert shirts I wore thirty years ago. Some embarrassing and some I would wear today...if they fit

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Technically, it's the Battle Flag of the Army Of Northern Virginia.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

No crap! That is my point! Who in the heck could explain something they had on 23 years ago? I barely remember 23 years ago let alone be able to explain something I wore.....My other posts explain this, I feel this is just a futile way to draw attention to something that has no merit....It's a joke

If you are talking about some random shirt worn on January 13th, 23 years ago, then yeah...most people wouldn't a clue.

But.. we are not talking about some random shirt worn on a particular day 23 years ago.

We are talking about a button created by their own PRESIDENTIAL campaign... Now I am sure about you, but a presidential campaign run would most likely be a memorable thing, and I for one would have kept little tidbits such as campaign pins and buttons and I bet they have a whole slew of them and others from Bill & Al's excellent adventure.

I have no problem with the Confederate flag, I don't perceive it as the symbol of racism that the media and the 30+ year olds who still have soft spots in their skulls.

It is what you make of it these days just like slavery.. 200 years later and neither one exist.

It's beyond time to move on.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

I graduated 26 years ago and could tell you if I did or didn't wear a particular t-shirt in high school.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Oh yeah, let's bring up something from 23 years ago and ask her if she remembers anything about the things in question....

I am not rooting for, advocating, nor anything else about HIllary or this topic but if I were to ask anyone of you about a t-shirt you wore to school 23 years ago, would you even remember what the hell I am talking about let alone be able to answer for it?

What a joke! (IMO of course)

Well I could tell you I wasn't wearing a NAZI Flag 23 years ago... so if Hilary and CO. REALLY believe the confederate flag is as offensive as they say it is, than YES I'd expect them to know instantly whether or not they wore it.

Hell...I remember what band / concert shirts I wore thirty years ago. Some embarrassing and some I would wear today...if they fit

Yep. I still have several items of clothing form high school and I graduated in 1989. My husband graduated in 1988 and has a stack of concert Ts from his teenage years in his closet.

I still have dreams where I am wearing things from high school.

Besides, the Clintons know whether or not that campaign pin was sanctioned by the official campaign. Hillary adopts a 'black' dialect depending on the diversity of her audience, my guess is that the pin was official merchandise used to appeal to certain southern voters. It's what they do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join