It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos in Calais as migrants seek to exploit port strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The strike is preventing ships from leaving the port and forced the closure of the tunnel which in turn is causing tailbacks in traffic and making lorries easy pickings for the migrants to get to the UK.
The Foreign Office has advised holidaymakers as well as truckers by be aware of stowaways and to check their vehicles.

Helicopter footage showed large groups gathered by the side of the road, some chasing and boarding a moving lorry from behind.
Other migrants were seen talking openly with drivers, while one group was chased away from a lorry by a driver who saw them attempting to break in.
One man ran down the middle of the motorway to close the door behind others who had jumped aboard.
James Kleinfeld, an eyewitness, told the BBC he had seen dozens of migrants on the side of the road.
"We counted around 50 people that we saw hanging around the junction after the exit from the Channel Tunnel train station," he said.
"I cross quite often but I've never seen any [migrants] hanging around that part. They are on the motorway, they are on the side of the motorway. In the direction of the UK there is miles and miles of traffic."
www.bbc.co.uk...

One ray of hope is the Deputy Mayor of Calais, Philippe Mignonet had this to say regarding the migrant problem and Britain's response to it.

"We will block the port - as simple as that. We'll arrange to block the tunnel if nothing is done," Mr Mignonet said.

If you block the tunnel Mr Mignonet could you please use quick drying cement.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well, with all these migrants being allowed to enter Europe e.g. through Italy, the situation will get worse at places like Calais because the UK is a soft touch when they arrive. For someone with nothing, the streets of the UK are literally paved with gold. I am pleased to see the UK is saying "non, nous ne voulons pas d'eux . Vous les gardez , il ya une bonne chap".
Voilà tout de moi.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Sad state of affairs man.
I do feel for these people who have been victims of war often caused western meddling and/or arms dealing to nasty regimes.
That said,the EU law states that illegals should be returned to their first point of entry into the EU,except countries like Italy(who are bearing the brunt of this problem)do not fingerprint the migrants as per the law-thus making it impossible to prove the migrants point of entry.

In fact a few EU countries allow them to travel through unhindered,as they are aware these people wish to get to Britain/Germany,and just do not want them in their country.

What bothers me as well is the majority of these people are young men-what do they do with their sisters/wives/kids?
Leave them in a warzone?
I couldn't do that to my family,for sure.

Its a horrible situation all round.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I've often wondered why some of these Migrants cant knock up a Boat or a airplane from scrap. Cant be that hard and they have plenty of time.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I've often wondered why some of these Migrants cant knock up a Boat or a airplane from scrap. Cant be that hard and they have plenty of time.

They do,at least with boats-its just they are not mentioned in the media,as it gives people ideas,and the government wants to make it seem like they have the situation under control...yeah right.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Very few of these mostly young men are actual war refugees. They are opportunists who saw no future living where they did and came to Europe and hopefully the UK to milk your benefits dry. Might as well yell "free money!" and then expect no-one to show up.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Very few of these mostly young men are actual war refugees. They are opportunists who saw no future living where they did and came to Europe and hopefully the UK to milk your benefits dry. Might as well yell "free money!" and then expect no-one to show up.

Sadly I think you are correct-It boggles my mind that we cannot have a sytem in UK and mainland Europe where the migrant/traveller must be able to prove their identity to enter.
And like Australia and Canada,we should have a law which prevents criminals entering the UK-Its the fault of the EU that prevents this-and our toady politicians who have done nothing to challenge them.

If we had such a law,a good friend of my family would not have been murdered by a scum lowlife with a record of serious violence in his home country of Poland.
Not to mention ISIS members getting into the UK for even worse purposes.
So yes,call me biased.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Not biased at all. You sound perfectly reasonable, and very logical.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke
Thanks Danke.
Its not rocket science is it-
Who in their right minds would wish to allow undocumented violent criminals into their country?

Well,the UK government seem to do just that,to the detriment of the rest of society.
Tony Blair,Gordon Brown,David Scameron-its starting to become a tradition,and it makes me want to puke.
I didn't vote for any of those scoundrels BTW.

Why not prevent criminals from entry,and allow decent educated people(and genuine asylum seekers) who can make a positive contribution to our society?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
double post

edit on 23/6/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: double

new topics

top topics

join