It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 dead after 2 girls blow selves up near northeast Nigeria mosque

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is just sickening to me. Boko Haram should be hunted down and exterminated completely. Makes my skin crawl reading this news. One girl blows herself up and the other runs and is blown up. Likely they were doing this against their will and were remotely detonated judging by the one running away that only detonated killing herself.

I can't imagine what they went through prior to this and what type of threat they had to carry it out, or how scared they were walking into this crowd. It killed at least 30 people.

So disheartening.....

If I had the ability to wipe every member of this group off the planet I would not hesitate to push the button. How many more are they going to kill before a group is able to infiltrate and kill them all?

Source

Two girls blew themselves up on Monday near a crowded mosque in northeast Nigeria's biggest city, killing about 30 people, witnesses said.

It is the fourth suicide bombing this month in Maiduguri, which is the birthplace of the Boko Haram Islamic extremist group.

Fishmonger Idi Idrisa said one teenager exploded as she approached the mosque crowded with people from the nearby Baga Road fish market, performing afternoon prayers during the holy month of Ramadan.

The second teen appeared to run away and blew up further away, killing only herself, he said.

Civilian defense fighter, Sama Ila Abu, said he counted at least 30 corpses as he helped to collect the dead.

Both men said said there were many injured being sent to the hospitals.

Boko Haram has kidnapped hundreds and hundreds of girls and women and the numbers of female suicide bombers has raised fears that it is using the captives in its campaign.

A military bomb disposal expert has told the AP that most bombs carried by girls and women have remote devices, meaning the carrier cannot control the explosion.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I agree, this just makes you sick to your stomach. What kind of twisted people can use innocent children to blow up innocent people?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It really takes a special, depraved, disgusting mind to even consider doing something like this. I'm not sure about the girls' part in it, though. If they were, in fact, captives, they still knew that they were laden with explosives and were going to die one way or another, so why would they still go into a populated place, where others would inevitably be killed with them? I may well be wrong, and I certainly can't place myself in the shoes of those girls, but it does raise some questions.

There sure are some messed up people in this world of ours...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It's astounding they think they're going to heaven...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I am so disgusted with the people of this world. Their is a way to stop this. But everyone waits for someone else to do something. What is everyone waiting for? Isn't it time we end this?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
It really takes a special, depraved, disgusting mind to even consider doing something like this. I'm not sure about the girls' part in it, though. If they were, in fact, captives, they still knew that they were laden with explosives and were going to die one way or another, so why would they still go into a populated place, where others would inevitably be killed with them? I may well be wrong, and I certainly can't place myself in the shoes of those girls, but it does raise some questions.

There sure are some messed up people in this world of ours...

Not sure on that, though as a father of three, I can imagine if one was told the other 2 would die, or their parents would be killed if they dod not do this then they might do it. It would be a horrible decision to have to make.

I can imagine the scenario that If my family were held at gunpoint and I was shot in front of them then one of them was told mom would die or something, they would likely do whatever to save her. Just the way kids think. They don't think like adults and could not fathom giving up one of their family members to save others.

All speculation on my part, but just where my head went when I read the story. Probably why it made me so disgusted.

It was the one that ran away and detonated only killing herself that made me really think this was something of that nature. Some coward watching from a distance with the remote detonator blowing her up.

Can't imagine what was going through their minds at the time.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

military bomb disposal expert has told the AP that most bombs carried by girls and women have remote devices, meaning the carrier cannot control the explosion.

So those twisted evil bastards planed to murder muslims during prayer . Then blew one little girl up for not going through with it .

That is such an evil scenario. The best possible thing you could make out of it. Is that the girl made the judgment not to hurt anyone else and ran away knowing she would die in a attempt to save others .

What kind of sick mind could put two young women into that situation with the end result being my previous statement is the good news ?
edit on 23-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Agreed. I could see it happening either way, the scenario I mentioned earlier is just the first one that came to mind.

Regardless of whether or not the girls were complicit, willing participants, they weren't the ones behind it. Some sick, cowardly prick with a detonator somewhere is. I hope hell has a special spot reserved for that person.

originally posted by: Isurrender73
I am so disgusted with the people of this world. Their is a way to stop this. But everyone waits for someone else to do something. What is everyone waiting for? Isn't it time we end this?

...And how do you propose we do that? There are always going to be a few truly disgusting human beings, and people are always going to kill each other. It's not a perfect world, and unfortunately it never will be.
edit on 6/23/2015 by admirethedistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm feeling a bit non empathetic tonight and I'm totally gonna be that guy. You ready for it....

Maybe, JUST maybe.....They need better bomb laws.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Just to stay on topic...This is getting ridiculous. Of course they were forced to do this against their will. Sick, sadistic motherfu....uh I mean...nevermind.

Boko Haram need hunted down, one by one, Wyatt Earp style and eradicated.

I probably shouldn't drink and ATS.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Where's the outcry from the Muslim community and or leaders? It seems we never hear a word of criticism towards the terrorists. Silence equals consent.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome
I agree, this just makes you sick to your stomach. What kind of twisted people can use innocent children to blow up innocent people?

I don't believe that word people describes them adequately. These are individuals with no souls - I think they should be termed demons in the flesh.

Imagine how frightened those poor little girls would have been when they had those bombs strapped to them and were told to go to that place

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Where's the outcry from the Muslim community and or leaders? It seems we never hear a word of criticism towards the terrorists. Silence equals consent.

You know, I was very vocal on that for a time too. I think it might actually be a case of too terrified to speak up in case they too are targeted.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

It's called fear. Justifiable terror at the prospect of that sort of thing happening to their little girls... I'd probably, no, make that certainly, keep silent to keep my kids safe, if that's what it took.

Easy to be brave when one's children aren't the target. Or, worse maybe, might become.

Imagine, if you can, the terror of knowing, beyond doubt, that if you speak up, your children may die, not you, your children...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

No it doesn't.

To the OP.

Maybe the second girl got cold feet, and then started running away from her primary target. Seems reasonable after just watching someone else get blown up.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
30 dead should be big news. This is an atrocity! I doubt this will make very big news except in Africa. Why? Because in places like the U.S. they would rather report on divisive news involving race and gender 24/7, that gets people's wheels spinning. Just saying.

My thoughts are with the families of the people affected by this tragedy.
Boko needs to go down.
edit on 23-6-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

What's your solution? You obviously know something I dont.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Agree, these people are just revolting. The second bomber was running away, so perhaps got cold feet.

Using young, impressionable people, including children is a feature of these extreme Islamic groups. Not just Boko Haram, but some Palestinian groups (including Hezbollah and Hamas) have used kids to further their violent ends.

To be balanced, use of child soldiers is also a feature of many African conflicts and it’s all ghastly and depressing the more you look into it.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
So the big brave men of boko haram are to afraid to strap the bombs to themselves now , you know just in case the virgins thing is crap . Cowards , hellfire awaits .

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Not the first time Boko Scumbags did this.They blew up a 10 year old last January with a phone call to blow up a market.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-6-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
this is exactly who the s.b.s should be targeting,these people are just scum to treat a child this way.
brings a tear to my eye thinking of the girl who run away,give me a weapon and air drop me in ,
i will gladly take some of the scum out.........................................

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join