It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suda the elephant painting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. This elephant is painting a picture of an elephant. It even signs its name. What gets me is the actual act of putting a signature on. That just blows me away.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Who says animals are dumb?

Waiting for the , "its just copying what took years to teach it".

Like to see that art gallery, please.

P resto
edit on 22-6-2015 by intrptr because: Presto

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Holy doughnuts Batman! Here's what Snopes had to say about this amazing creature. I wonder what else he/she is capable of?

Pictures which were painted by elephants have gone on display at an Edinburgh gallery.

Art graduate Victoria Khunapramot, 26, has brought the paintings from Thailand to the Dundas Gallery on Dundas Street.

They include "self-portraits" by Paya, who is said to be the only elephant to have mastered his own likeness.

Paya is one of six elephants whose keepers have taught them how to hold a paintbrush in their trunks. They drop the brush when they want a new colour.

Mrs Khunapramot, from Newington, said: "Many people cannot believe that an elephant is capable of producing any kind of artwork, never mind a self-portrait.

"But they are very intelligent animals and create the entire paintings with great gusto and concentration within just five or 10 minutes — the only thing they cannot do on their own is pick up a paintbrush, so it gets handed to them.

"They are trained by artists who fine-tune their skills, and they paint in front of an audience in their conservation village, leaving no one in any doubt that they are authentic elephant creations."

Mrs Khunapramot, who set up the Thai Fine Art company after studying the history of art in St Andrews and business management at Edinburgh's Napier University, said it took about a month to train the animals to paint.

Wow.

edit on 22-6-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I think they're smart. Thanks for the link on the paintings. They're quite good. Mind blowing in fact.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Wow is right. That's what I said when I first saw the video. That's one less thing that separates animals from humans in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Elephants might be the most unique species on this planet. The dexterity of their trunks will always amaze me.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Oh man, that's the best vid I've seen since ISS Symphony (that was actually a couple of days ago).
Elephants are so cute. Poachers should watch this stuff.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Never underestimate an animal! Awesome!!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: payta
Oh man, that's the best vid I've seen since ISS Symphony (that was actually a couple of days ago).
Elephants are so cute. Poachers should watch this stuff.

They really should. I wonder how that would affect them.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Thanks for posting such an amazing video
I've been thinking of fostering an elephant, there's an organization in Kenya that accepts donations, any idea what's their work like?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: payta

Thanks for posting such an amazing video
I've been thinking of fostering an elephant, there's an organization in Kenya that accepts donations, any idea what's their work like?

I have no idea what their work's like. Fostering an elephant is a cool idea though.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Sadly if this website has it correct, the training process is quite cruel.

Animal Cruelty

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: QuietSpeech

That's messed up. I hate animal abuse.

top topics

join