It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are living in parallel universes, Gentlemen and Ladies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Unity_99

But still 1 thing. Infinity doesn't do 1's.

Infinity is without bounds. So you can't apply limits, phases or number systems.

Its outside that. Just as your mind from here can't wrap itself around the hypercube, or more accurately a hypersphere.

Um....infinity is not 1 endless plain. That is finite. It is defined as something. Infinity is a wild card that makes infinite variety and infinite things of infinite types like infinite fractals going in every direction imagineable, not in lines, but also in lines. And the number thing, was a metaphor to explain what its like, the numbers are "things that can be defined, in subgroups, of similarities, so you could say, timelines or something, alternative earth's, and then there are infinite things that are not numbers.

Most people see it as one sheet of paper that has no borders, so its just infinite. That is the universe to them.

Whereas the universe still has some properties that would define it as that. Hence immediately its infinite universes, infinite multiverses, infinite varieties of these, and infinite other things that could not be described as universes.

Infinity expresses itself infinitely in every way it can, and any limit on it in any way makes it finite. And given the time already passed that we perceive or imagined in the past, if anything was finite, this universe would be over by now, on a probability scale.

I'll give another metaphor.

Lets call Joe a Universe, after all the universe has what appears to be similar to biology, and even bears a similarity to neurology.

sp.yimg.com...

So lets say its the innerscape of Joe, and infinite in scope. That we all contain infinity within, and there is infinity without.

Is there only 1 Joe, or is there infinite Joe's, infinite varieties of beings like Joe, and infinite beings who are different than Joe, and infinite varieties of each of them.

And then we have to go into all the things that aren't like any of them, the infinite person/place/things that can be defined if you're cpu was 1000X bigger than it is, your neo cortex, and even then, you could only scratch the surface of infinity.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

I agree people survive crazy accidents all the time. The only problem is I distinctly remember hearing and feeling my skull crack. If you've ever broken a bone, you know how painful it is. You KNOW immediately a bone is broken.

My skull cracked, if not split open entirely.

Then I wake up, no pain in the head, only a some bruises and fairly mild scrape. I can't explain it, I really can't. Ask anyone about my posting history and they'll tell you I'm one of the biggest skeptics around, but I died that day. At least, I died SOMEWHERE.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
So, to understand correctly. You lived in a parallel universe for a while (months, years?), and the thing that stood out to you was the size of Greenland? *That* was the difference maker for you? And this is based on maps that you saw while in this parallel universe? This reminds me of the whole Berenstain Bears nonsense. Human memory can be very faulty.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: PageLC14

I agree people survive crazy accidents all the time. The only problem is I distinctly remember hearing and feeling my skull crack. If you've ever broken a bone, you know how painful it is. You KNOW immediately a bone is broken.

My skull cracked, if not split open entirely.

Then I wake up, no pain in the head, only a some bruises and fairly mild scrape. I can't explain it, I really can't. Ask anyone about my posting history and they'll tell you I'm one of the biggest skeptics around, but I died that day. At least, I died SOMEWHERE.

I find this even more interesting now, my incident was getting jumped by 4 blokes outside a nightclub in 2004.

After a failed attempt to fight them off I was knowked to the floor and they repeatedly kiked me in the head god knows how many times. at some point someone managed to stop them and I got up. I do not remember feeling any pain and people were freaking out saying I should go to hospital but I felt fine, one big hard looking bloke said he had never seen anyone take a beating like that and live never mind stand there chatting and drinking another beer.

I remember just afterwards quite clearly but a short time afterwards I collapsed and ended up in the hospital for quite a while.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99
You seem to be struggling by placing limits on infinity…

Um….infinity is not 1 endless plain.

I said hyper "sphere", not "plain" (plane). Thats all directions, expanding in every direction forever. Infinity is surely endless.

…and then there are infinite things…

A thing is not infinite.

Lets call Joe a Universe,

Again placing boundaries. Joe is not a Universe. The Universe is the Universe.

you could only scratch the surface of infinity.

No surface to infinity.
No in, no out, no beginning, no end.

It just is, always has been and always will be, in every direction, forever.

How does it feel to be the center of it all?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

How does the inflation theory fit into your thoughts on an infinite universe?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The universe would have always been infinite. We just see a small section of it. The big bang that created our observable universe would occur all the time in other parst of the universeIn reality, ALL of space was filled with energy right from the beginning. There is no center to the expansion or even a point from which matter hurtled outward. The confusion arises becauae we are told a singularity existed in the beginning. But this singularity filled with matter and energy was NOT surrounded by empty space... it was surrounded by more matter and energy (which today is beyond the region we can observe.) In fact, if the whole universe is infinitely large now, then it was always infinite, including during the Big Bang as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Star for you.

That's not 2-4 times the size, but it's also a lot smaller than the flat image. I'm chalking this up to more a desire to escape recent failures than an outright faulty memory. I think the OP is lying to himself and doesn't realize it. He would have shown a spherical image if he was being honest.

edit on 23-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The Universe is the Universe.

Or, the multiverse is the multiverse

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

Well, that's the weirdest and most skewed map of the world I've ever seen.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Say you're right, that doesn't explain Australia moving.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
It's remarkable that with (presumably) an infinite number of parallel universes, people always seem to travel to/from ones that are just ever-so-slightly different from the current one, and in which all the differences can easily be attributed to faulty memory. Statistically, you'd think you'd wind up in a universe where nothing is the same. Funny how that never seems to happen...

And/or : Statistically you would move to universe where the physical constants are incompatible with "you" and so you would die,melt, disintigrate. One jump maybe, still very lucky, two jumps not a chance !!!

And/or : (this applies to time travel) the physical location of the destination just happens to be identical to the physical location of the departure location. Yeah right with a universe expanding at different rates due to different conditions.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: admirethedistance
It's remarkable that with (presumably) an infinite number of parallel universes, people always seem to travel to/from ones that are just ever-so-slightly different from the current one, and in which all the differences can easily be attributed to faulty memory. Statistically, you'd think you'd wind up in a universe where nothing is the same. Funny how that never seems to happen...

And/or : Statistically you would move to universe where the physical constants are incompatible with "you" and so you would die,melt, disintigrate. One jump maybe, still very lucky, two jumps not a chance !!!

And/or : (this applies to time travel) the physical location of the destination just happens to be identical to the physical location of the departure location. Yeah right with a universe expanding at different rates due to different conditions.

A quantum super computer could pick the timelines.
Using a time machine it could then pick and graft various appropriate pieces to our timeline.

If the computer and time machine were in sync, then it could manipulate events from the past very slightly to gradually change it to what we see.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The more notes they print the higher prices get.

edit on 23-6-2015 by intrptr because: emoticon

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

You just said "the" multiverse, as in one. No matter how many somethings are in it, its still one thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

You just said "the" multiverse, as in one. No matter how many somethings are in it, its still one thing.

Right only trying to point out that the multiverse theory is just as valid as the single universe theory. There's either one universe or one multiverse.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The more notes they print the higher prices get.

You know what I mean, silly-billy. The astrophysics theory of inflation (previously known as "The Big Bang"). How does that factor into your infinite universe theory? I'm curious to know.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Lets set the stage:

I was living and working in Columbia, SC in 1974. During the summer of '74 a movie came out titled The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It was in June, and me and my date went to see it. There wasn't any audience participation then and we thought it was pretty good for a sci-fi movie.

These days, I can find no where that says the movie came out in '74. All say it came out in 1975.

Don't know if this had to do with anything, but I had "attacks" of Deja-Vu almost hourly the first six months of 1974.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
As has been said in the first few pages, a theory of actually moving from one universe to another should have more proof than badly remembered geography.

I have been a map nerd since I was wee, and know most don't carefully read or memorize maps and I also know memory is faulty.

The maps have been steady for me my whole life.... barring political changes and the occasional sinking island... but darn, moving to a less effed up universe is tantalizing... but I fear we'll have to wait for super tech or death for most of us to do so.

Then again, the physics we have say there are either uncountable universes being generated, with a new one appearing every time a random event happens OR the universe we inhabit isn't real in the sense we think... so who knows.

Edit: Also want to add I know a few people with odd stories of universe or dimensional transience... short term trips to a different "world" that seemed very real, so know these things can happen, somehow, but to base it on differing projections of round surfaces on flat ones, or maps, is not the place to start.
edit on 6/23/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: b3l13v3

I've always kept an open mind on these type of topics, and I have always been interested in this particular one. Personally, I've tried many different forms of meditation without much success. My intention is to become more "aware" of everything.

Do you have any tips on how any of us could attempt to do this as well or does it just happen uncontrollably? I would love to get the # out of this current reality and fine one that is much more hospitable, if such a place even exists.

I'm guessing that currently you can only access the three alternate universes, which are very similar to our own. It would be nice if you could land somewhere completely different.

Thank you for posting your experience, it takes courage considering the amount of members that will attack anything that does not fit withing their perceived realm of normality.

I'm all about finding new realms

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join