It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO Plans 40,000-Strong Rapid Response Force In E. Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

NATO’s rapid response Spearhead Force in Europe might reach 40,000 troops, a tenfold growth from the initial 4,000-strong force deployed last year, the military alliance’s chief said. Most of these troops will be stationed near Russian borders

NATO defense ministers ... [will] make a decision to further increase the strength and capacity of the 13,000-strong NATO Response Force (NRF) to 30,000 or 40,000 troops,” Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said Monday.

The decision is to be officially announced during NATO’s defense ministers meeting on June 24-25 in Brussels.

Guessing this is due to the "Saber Rattling " by Russia ?

“This nuclear saber-rattling of Russia is unjustified. It's destabilizing and it's dangerous. This is something which we are addressing, and it's also one of the reasons we are now increasing the readiness and preparedness of our forces,” Stoltenberg said during a news briefing in Brussels last Tuesday.

Yep , Looks like they are taking Putin seriously.

It all seems to be coming to a head , I just hope it's not to late for a diplomatic solution .

Read more here
Note: I have not confirmed the report ,If you have more to add please do .

your thoughts ?

Kap

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

John Titor predicted that a European Army will march East of Germany. He mentioned that because of this, the Russians retaliated by launching nuclear weapons against the West.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

NATO isn't a European army. It's an alliance. Huge difference.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

There is also a EUROCORPS unit..en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 22-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

And he neglected to state something from orbit knocked most of the down.
I VERY strongly think we have systems in place for that as that mini shuttle CERTAINLY has been busy.
I doubt TITOR's account or that timeline changed when HE arrived anyway.
edit on 22-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
More money needed for Defence then, 40,000 troops isn't enough.

As a Brit we need MPA urgently, new Tanks, perhaps leopard 2, and another round of Typhoon with perhaps a strike UCAV programme spawned from Taranis and the French effort.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Do you think there may be a few more A-10c sent over to US bases in Europe?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Do you think there may be a few more A-10c sent over to US bases in Europe?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
And people will call this Western aggression. Completely ignoring the fact that Russia has been doing 100,000+ men exercises on their border.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Not yet. You might see some more interesting TSPs sent though.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

They have a dozen going to germany..www.stripes.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

That's the TSP that's over there now. They've been all over Europe.
edit on 6/22/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
where are they going to get 40k US troops at? We dumped 10 BCT's last year for the Obama draw down that was 77k and most of the last ones will be gone this Jan.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Good news - it seems that NATO is finally waking up to the threat from Russia. Now we just need to make sure everyone pulles their weight and this doesn't just become another US/UK task force.

originally posted by: Forensick
As a Brit we need MPA urgently, new Tanks, perhaps leopard 2, and another round of Typhoon with perhaps a strike UCAV programme spawned from Taranis and the French effort.

As a Brit, I'd like to let you know we're getting brand spanking new IFV's (589 to be precise ), we don't need to buy Leopards as we have Chally's (hundreds in storage in Germany as it happens), the F-35's will be arriving pretty soon (no need for more Typhoons) and the UCAV program is well underway with the combination of the work on Taranis being folded into the French project to produce a European UCAV.

Rumours of the British being a bit weak of late are greatly exaggerated for tabloid consumption. While manpower has been decreased, the capability and amount of equipment the British Armed forces have is damned impressive. Manpower can easily be ramped up in times of war by recalling extended reserves (recently retired regulars), the Army reserve and general conscription.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Meh the fulda, gap still exists...

Nothing wrong with, protecting the borders..

Putin, would conquer Europe, if he knew he could, it is not top secret information...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

I don't think they will all be US forces. Combined, European nations have 1.5 Million active service personnel, so there is plenty of capacity for them to deploy to the task force. If it follows the same model as other NATO forces, countries will rotate units in and out.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

The Fulda gap is now about 1,000km behind "NATO lines" - I wouldn't worry about it.

[snipped]
edit on Mon Jun 22 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: unnecessary personal comment removed

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

eat a bag of bullocks for the personal attack kid..

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Seems to be the right thing to do. Considering the circumstances.
-NATO has to be prepared if or when the elderly Polish farmers and sickly women decide to use their "barn stored" T~14 Armatas and declare independence.

edit on 22-6-2015 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Lighten up, I was only teasing - hence the funny little face. I'm sorry if you took offence, but your punctuation needs some work - there's no need to go off the deep end.

EDIT: A bag of bullocks? What is that, like a sack of cattle or something?
edit on 22/6/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join