It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes...let the US get rid of all guns....but start WW3.....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Starting with those that we use in other countries that apparently don't like guns and shouldn't have them either.

Let's start here:

Secretary Carter says US will provide weapons, aircraft, forces to NATO

The U.S. will contribute weapons, aircraft and forces, including commandos, for NATO's rapid reaction force, Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Monday, to help Europe defend against security threats, including Russia from the east and violent extremists from the south.

Under the plan, the U.S. will contribute intelligence and surveillance capabilities, special operations forces, logistics, transport aircraft, and a range of weapons support that could include bombers, fighters and ship-based missiles. It would not provide a large ground force.

Carter announced the new details about the U.S. contribution after meeting with defense ministers from Germany, Norway and the Netherlands. Those countries had agreed to provide the initial troops for the so-called very high readiness task force, which was announced last year at the NATO summit in Wales. The U.S. had pledged to support the task force, but NATO has been waiting to hear specifically what America was willing to provide.

Let's just get rid of weapons altogether right?

I love this quote:

"We do not seek a cold, let alone a hot war with Russia," Carter said at Atlantik Brucke, a Berlin think tank that focuses on the German-U.S. relationship. "We do not seek to make Russia an enemy. But make no mistake: we will defend our allies, the rules-based international order, and the positive future it affords us. We will stand up to Russia's actions and their attempts to re-establish a Soviet-era sphere of influence."

So let's replace some of the wording here and see if it still holds for us lowly US citizens:

"We do not seek a cold, let alone a hot war with America," Pro-Gun activists said at protests, a common citizens thought that focuses on the population of the U.S. and it's government relationship. "We do not seek to make Government an enemy. But make no mistake: we will defend our country, the rules-based national order, and the positive future it affords us. We will stand up to the government's actions and their attempts to establish a Soviet-era sphere of influence."

There...that about sums it up.

Do as I say, not as I do seems appropriate for this argument.

It's so nice when people can tell you that guns are the problem, then announce the invasion of other nations with weaponry that kills by the masses. Many more masses than any shooter ever killed in any singular event.

Oh...this is in this forum because of the linked story and because with all the anti-gun rhetoric going on I believe that if WW3 DID break out over this and the US happened to be invaded on our own soil, those politicians would be singing a different tune unless they have enough forces to occupy every neighborhood in the country and protect the citizens here.

I just don't understand why there are some that would not want me to be able to protect myself. If you are anti-gun and live in my neighborhood, I would try to help you all the same if you had nothing to defend yourself with. I think the major issue is just this....if there is a war, those without guns will be the first to die......it has been proven over and over by those that want to take guns away yet want to use weapons everywhere else.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If i'm not mistaken, it's not about "anti gun"(silly word Btw) in the US, it's to reduce gun violence, how is that compared to defense in other countries ?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The US government is selling the entire nation to corporations. The TPP and TISA is basically a checkmate on self-governance.

Given what is coming, it is predictable the sovereigns will seek to increase control and getting guns is certainly on the list of priorities. Is it the top priority? I highly doubt it. If you properly address 1&2, #3 is much less important.

1. Narrative control through media control.
2. Pharmaceutical induced sickness: reduced strength and natural immunity, reduced awareness of the world, emotional impotence(hate), dependence on government and corporations for symptom treatments.
3. Disarm all potential dissidents.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I know that "dey gonna get our guns" is a rallying cry for the Right wing...but if you have a logical bone in your body, you know that gun confiscation is a physical impossibility. There are just to many firearms. I have a very nice collection and I'm not in the least worried.

Not to mention that guns, hunting, shooting sports, firearm mfg....is a 6 Billion dollar industry. that Billion with a B.

Get real....A 6 billion dollar industry is just not going away no matter what any politicians says.!!!

Get worried when you can't go into your local Walmart and buy a piece and the ammo to go with it.

Even talking about firearm confiscation; makes you look stupid.
edit on 22-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Get worried when you can't go into your local Walmart and buy a piece and the ammo to go with it.

Hmm....let's examine your "stupid" comment...

Source

Walmart has removed ammunition from the shelves of several St. Louis-area stores amid renewed protests against police brutality.

Employees removed bullets and ammunition after demonstrators gathered outside Walmart stores in Ferguson and Maplewood, Missouri on Monday, CBS-affiliate KMOV-TV reported.

"If there is a history of violence and looting and other activity that are going on or things that are putting associates and customers at risk -- then yes, decisions can be made based on those circumstances," Walmart spokesman Brian Nick told KMOV.

Bullets were removed from some stores in the area on Monday, and were gone from several by Wednesday. It's unclear whether this was a coordinated effort among the stores.

So....like my thread says...they take them away when they don't want you to have them and keep them for themselves as the peace keepers.

Better hope there is never a real NEED for it at the walmart near you. This is why I have plenty already, because places like walmart DO take it off shelf.

I would say "stupid" is thinking it can't/won't happen. Circumstances change and places like walmart are not going to side with the people when the government calls.
edit on 6/22/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I know that "dey gonna get our guns" is a rallying cry for the Right wing...but if you have a logical bone in your body, you know that gun confiscation is a physical impossibility. There are just to many firearms. I have a very nice collection and I'm not in the least worried.

Not to mention that guns, hunting, shooting sports, firearm mfg....is a 6 Billion dollar industry. that Billion with a B.

Get real....A 6 billion dollar industry is just not going away no matter what any politicians says.!!!

Bravo and right on the money......It is all pie in the sky and the people at the top pushing this know it. Guns in the US are part of the very fabric of the nation.

Now in the future with all this progressive brainwashing the game might change and the people will willingly give them up or.......Imagine the world is such a dangerous place you have safe zones and food is not on the store shelves anymore. To get into these safe zones you would need to hand in your weapons for the safety of the zone. It would look something like the great depression on steroids.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If that's so...... there are a lot of stupid looking liberal democrats who at the very hint of any gun tragedy are calling for gun control and wishing for gun confiscation.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't think that Americans have to worry about some evil country invading them .That happened a long time ago and now it seems to be a matter of who is going to own the pink slip to the place .These crazy TPP/ agreements seem to address that in legal terms . How it ends up is the million dollar question but I am sure there will be some states that will fight it out with the new owners . sad looking future for the USA as a country .

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You would get a free gun from the government, it's called being drafted...
So no need for private guns in case of war.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Yep the hypocrisy is mind boggling.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The problem with this scenario is ..THEY would lose.
THey would HAVE to introduce a control factor like a BIOWEAPON to do as well.
They CAN'T nuke every city,nor could they HOLD every one. THEY can't get enough troops here NATO doesn't have that many NOR would they be as competant,they would have a WORSE problem as their equipment got turned on them.
The P.C. social anti gun attack is FAILING thanks to our diligence and standing up to this clown occupying the Distric of Columbia ,not to metion the wars HE IS fighting are dismal failures.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I never understand how people wondering how we can keep nut bags who slaughter people from getting guns suddenly becomes, they want to take all our guns. Is it because of feelings of guilt? It seems like only way to defend not having something in place to keep certain people from getting weapons because so many gun owners are so irresponsible with their weapons is to run to some crazy scenario nobody is suggesting.

I get the NRA's position they are tools of gun companies. However, every day people? It must be guilt. Deflect the hard questions by making outrages claims. I guess whatever makes you sleep better at night.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Not necessarily. It has been proven time and time again that those with guns have an advantage over those without guns. Both in war times, and outside of it. Besides your quoting people who sell guns and munitions in a multi billion dollar industry, most of those people do not have to own guns, they have people whole armies in some instances who do that for them in well guarded and gated communities.

It is a well know fact that all nations across the globe are full of bull#, which is why like in everything else you should never listen to what they say. Because anybody can say anything and words are about as meaningful as bull crap in a dairy pasture, but always watch what they do. Because more often then not the things they say and do are opposites. If there is one thing you can trust in, is that the world is full of bull#, all kinds of flavors and colors of bull#, its a variable kaleidoscope rainbow of bull#.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
defense in other countries ?

^ silly phrase.

And you still think that gun laws will stop gun violence, because people who use guns illegally, always follow laws.
^ silly mind-set.

But you are right, because as we know, there were several military/ex-military in the theater at the Batman shooting.
Unarmed of course, because they weren't in another country "defending" something - if they were, that would be illegal. Why? Because that would be considered dangerous! And what could be more dangerous than if a responsible, trained, American citizen actually pulled out their weapon and stopped a mass shooting?

Can't have that, now, can we.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

If that's so...... there are a lot of stupid looking liberal democrats who at the very hint of any gun tragedy are calling for gun control and wishing for gun confiscation.

Who cares what the liberal democrats hint at? Politicians don't run the show! The cat is out of the bag. The gun industry is just to powerful. 6 billion dollar industry with 270 million guns. That's only the ones that are registered. I'll bet there are that many unregistered. That's 540 million guns. Do you think the cops or military want to face that? Gun people love their guns more than their children.

We live in a gun culture and anyone that want's a piece can get one. And that includes those intent on killing as many innocents as possible for their crazy agendas. Roof is nothing new. What astonishes me is that there aren't more massacres with nut cases.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I believe that if WW3 DID break out over this and the US happened to be invaded on our own soil

You are seriously brainwashed paranoid american. USA will not be invaded on their soil. If WW3 breaks out, the war will be about total annihilation of all cities above 100k population with nuclear/chemical/biological weapons. After those attacks there will be nothing worth a salt to plunder on your soil.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

We wouldn't use simple nukes..en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik
On the money. Why take into account geographical location or deployment capabilities. The sea is vast and so is americas surveileance of it.When I see this type of rationale all I think is "hide your kids hide your wife".

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You fixed that so well in the second run-through, Vasa--
I feel almost as having cheated myself for letting my FOID
card lapse. It's like we're chopped river (no typo) for memory
to them.

I suppose it's time to go back over to the cop shop and
sign in again, sigh. No doubt the first blatant hallmark of
any tyranny is hypocrisy. This one's borderline schizoid.

But hey I'm just a boiled frog to liquefaction now instead
of a dry-humored dove.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Gunz = freedumbz.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join