It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cannot get "angry" anymore. I think I might be broken?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

As to the second option a unprovoked and near fatal attack(not the one in the op) 10 years ago has left me unable to commit or initiate violence in any form.

They can be VERY persuasive without having to resort to violence.

Anyways, I'm guessing you wrote him or his parents a letter?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

As to the second option a unprovoked and near fatal attack(not the one in the op) 10 years ago has left me unable to commit or initiate violence in any form.

They can be VERY persuasive without having to resort to violence.

Anyways, I'm guessing you wrote him or his parents a letter?

Even his own Father thinks that prison is the only way he will have a chance to learn.

I have told him directly but passively, I simply said that I had been robbed and the police want to come round and take prints and check out the neighbours cctv but hopefully the tools will turn up before that happens.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

If I am in pain from what others have done to me or what I have done to myself..
I don't want to keep spreading that pain.

I don't know whether that means taking it to the head on a curb and not calling the cops. Or if it means making sure I called the cops.. What if the out of character action isn't so out of character?

One time I took a beating from a girl and tried to not even touch her, but as I was getting wobbly from a mean left hook. I had to grab her arms and push her away. I ended up having to climb down the outside of a building, and found myself shirtless, dazed, a bit bloody (my legs, not my head) and without a phone or keys or my wallet. I would have sat there outside all day, waiting to get back into MY house.

Problem was she was destroying all the property in the house, and could have been suicidal. It was when the glass bottles started flying out the balcony and crashing onto the pavement below near the pool kids walk to barefoot.... That was it. I walked to the neighbor and got their phone.. And sat there again, not sure. but I did call the cops. They came and arrested her.

The story gets long, and I didn't mean to talk about myself like that. I went to court and recommended to the DA that she get anger management and counseling rather than Jail time. Well more jail time. Think they kept her a few nights.

If she had just stopped, I wasn't going to make her pay for anything.. She wouldn't get to know me again, but that would be the only price.

All this because I told her I wanted to meet my ex at the electric place to change over whose name it's in and who payed the deposit, and get that all worked out, get her key back, all at once.. When my new girl didn't like this, idea, I told her she could do it instead, or she could come with me.. I didn't want to see my ex. That's the last thing I wanted.

Crazy..

As for me I would like more chances. So I tend to give out more chances. I also try and take the pain, rather than dish it out. But I am no pushover. I like dealing in house.. I only help even if it's tough love, it's not a punishment.. It's something to help you out.

I missed the tools thread, and have a feeling I should read it. Can I have a link?
edit on 22-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
link

I will respond to the rest of your post in a bit.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

what u did sounds like no-brainer, she sounds like I've gat no brain a.. ah anyway.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
a reply to: KnightLight

what u did sounds like no-brainer, she sounds like I've gat no brain a.. ah anyway.

She was "troubled." You know that one day she said I could drug her if I wanted..

But the bed times, oh.. Like I said I will take the pain and move on..

Sounds like Nonspecific got the pain without the fun part.
And just read the tools thread.. Man that's so low.. And yet I can't hate people. We share the Hippie curse.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

i have tools.. I know how to use them too :p (most) I have double of some

I post them to you. what did they take- I have a look. I am serious btw

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It is not of your making. Did you leave your tools in your garden, uncovered, and in plain view? Did you cast him to the streets in his early youth? Were you either of the parents which failed him so badly? No. You did none of these things.

If he is known to you, and stole from you despite your familiarity, then he has lessons yet to learn which cannot be taught until he faces the folly he has drawn about himself, for surely it is his folly, and the responsibility for it lies with him, and no one else.

Put another way, if I had acted unreasonably every time I had an excuse to do so, no matter how understandable, I would expect to suffer the consequences of having done so.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I don't know if you took being a good person too far or not, but it sounds like something Jesus would have done, so you're only broken if you think Jesus was broken.
a reply to: kaylaluv

Aaaah, finally, some hope.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

We need more like you in the world. Empathy is hard to come by.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

install a fake surveillance camera on ur house. if u wherein this city u can kiss them goodbey.

I didn't read the other thread either. wait.

right now it sounds like u know them. I know my little causin stole from us.

he ended up buying a BMW (lol) what can u do.. family

ok going to read what happened ..now or latter

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

i have tools.. I know how to use them too :p (most) I have double of some

I post them to you. what did they take- I have a look. I am serious btw

Thank you very much for your concern and generosity but I will be OK at least in the real sense.

It never ceaces to amaze me that people you have never met will offer to help while those that are known to you will steal from you.

Your offer is appriciated but declined

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

We need more like you in the world. Empathy is hard to come by.

You could say that but right now I would rather be a pyscopath with some #ing tools to earn money with as opposed to an empath with the praise of an unknown community...

I really wish I was joking here.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

You could say that but right now I would rather be a pyscopath with some #ing tools to earn money with as opposed to an empath with the praise of an unknown community...

But even as a psycho your tools can be stolen?
In your other thread you said you had something on the works to maybe get your tools back.
I am not so nice in words about these things, I just don't hate, but that doesn't mean I won't take action.
I have empathy for people down the line that have to deal with same eff up again..

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

it is not generosity (makes me feel funny. i know u all would do/ offer the same )I really have spare. I have to say I am very messy. I have a look what I have double of. u are from USA I assume. they would be there in 10 days or so. I send picture tomorrow. now u made me emotional. that # sucks if u need them for work. I thought hobby. NOT COOL

as said above. there is room for emapthy . no room for sympathy in ur case
edit on 22-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

it is not generosity I really have spare. I have to say I am very messy. I have a look what I have double of. u are from USA I assume. they would be there in 10 days or so. I send picture tomorrow. now u made me emotional. that # sucks if u need them for work. I thought hobby. NOT COOL

as said above. there is room for emapthy . no room for sympathy in ur case

I am in the UK and as I said not a problem, We can overcome.

If you have more than you need then maybe offer it online to someone that may make use of it? that would be an awsome thing to do.

Tools: Free: why do you need them?

The replys alone would be worth it.

As much as I am struggling I have stuff that I could give away and not miss, maybe a thread is in order? distance is an issue but....

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think your response has been admirable. You've made a tough choice and you should live with it and accept it, rather than be angry about it. There's no point in putting yourself through it after your decision has been made.
You can walk with your head up high, draw a line under it and learn from it.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: nonspecific

But even as a psycho your tools can be stolen?
In your other thread you said you had something on the works to maybe get your tools back.
I am not so nice in words about these things, I just don't hate, but that doesn't mean I won't take action.
I have empathy for people down the line that have to deal with same eff up again..

That post was my attempt to try and think like others do and a little in jest.

If I was a pysopath I would just buy some more stolen tools to replace them and move on with it.

As I said earlier I wish I was not joking. I would love to not care about others and simly think of my own needs.

I would be so much better off and would sleep like a kitten on boobies.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

haha, I thought that's how you meant.
I wasn't really directing it at you.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I guess the pertinent question is; are you concerned with actually helping the person? Not getting angry is one thing, but actually helping is something entirely different. Though, perhaps, that is not an easy distinction to make in our world.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join